The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Arena ideas

Go down 
+16
darthwiley
{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
dx
Axe
JJ'
Darkfire
GRIZZ
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
PyroJockey
Bouncer
KillaK
ACE
Kingkong
{DSB}Mewtwo
VASH
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Arena ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Bouncer wrote:
I wonder if taking the map from Super Hoth CTF and using it as the Conquest template might work, except the other CPs on the map would be gone...
that just gave me an idea Idea what if you do use the ctf but on the conquest map and take out all of the vehicles which includes:atat,atst,snowspeeders,and the tauntauns...and you can put the flag points at the north and south side of the map and make it a 1 flag ctf match and put it in the moiddle of the battlefield...that will be a ridiculously long match(maybe even longer than the death star)but it would be so freakin cool Cool
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:25 pm

Bouncer wrote:
Could cloning existing pieces of the tunnels be used to bridge the gap?

Can't clone them. I know the names of the missing objects,

"hoth_bldg_chasm"
"hoth_prop_bridge_long"
"hoth_prop_bridge_short"

There's just no place to put them in the lvl files for conquest.

Bouncer wrote:
I wonder if taking the map from Super Hoth CTF and using it as the Conquest template might work, except the other CPs on the map would be gone... No

I made an attemp to swap maps once. I was following another modders procedure to swap the the Jedi assualt from Mos Eisley to Mustafar (he had a screen shot and all) but it didn't work. Probably another PC or XBOX mod.

{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:
what if you do use the ctf but on the conquest map and take out all of the vehicles which includes:atat,atst,snowspeeders,and the tauntauns...and you can put the flag points at the north and south side of the map and make it a 1 flag ctf match and put it in the moiddle of the battlefield...that will be a ridiculously long match(maybe even longer than the death star)but it would be so freakin cool Cool

confused Good luck with that...
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Ok, thanks. BTW how are you able to view the codes in the .lvl file?
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:13 pm

hex editor
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:38 pm

To Ace: Just any hex editor or a specific one? (Sorry for all of the questions =P)
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:47 pm

{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:
PyroJockey wrote:
{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:
what if you do use the ctf but on the conquest map and take out all of the vehicles which includes:atat,atst,snowspeeders,and the tauntauns...and you can put the flag points at the north and south side of the map and make it a 1 flag ctf match and put it in the moiddle of the battlefield...that will be a ridiculously long match(maybe even longer than the death star)but it would be so freakin cool Cool

confused Good luck with that...
who said i was gonna do that Suspect i was just throwing out some ideas

It was intended to be humorous.

Translation: “While your concept has merit, it is unlikely to succeed and I am reluctant to even make an attempt. But you are more than welcome to try and you have my endorsement. Now Get off my lawn".

Why you ask?

1. I don’t think relocating the objects is possible in the PS2 version.
  2. There are no ammo or health droids on the north side of the conquest map. If you put a flag point on the north side of the map the team on south side would be unable to resupply when on the offensive.
  3. I like having the vehicles and tauntauns on the map.
  4. I feel that this mod would be as unpopular as my mod on the Death Star GCW era CTF where I locked both the blast doors to the rebel hangar. It sounded like a good idea at the time too, made for long but boring games. (I have since unlocked all the blast doors for the GCW era but left the ones to the tunnel locked for the CW era, the opposite of what’s on the Arena).

Last edited by PyroJockey on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:20 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:06 pm

to bouncer:i use pspad which comes with the hexguide on the download mods thread lol

Last edited by ACE on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i feel like it lol)
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:28 pm

oh i have pspad too so you should probably use because it is easy to work with and it comes with a guide like ace said
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:36 pm

lol thanks Ace Arena ideas - Page 2 Tiphat

By the way, I haven't tested this, but I think Zero Editor might be able to move objects, and add a few. Of course, it's meant for the PC version, so there's a low chance of success with a PS2. Arena ideas - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:10 pm

Bouncer wrote:
By the way, I haven't tested this, but I think Zero Editor might be able to move objects, and add a few. Of course, it's meant for the PC version, so there's a low chance of success with a PS2. Arena ideas - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
but theres still a chance though right?
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:55 pm

I have no idea lol. My indication is maybe, but it'd probably require a bit more work than just hex editing
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:08 pm

lol! it will prob crash the server No
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:15 pm

how do u take off the reloading ona wepon
and how do u increace the ammo
and how do u do that awesome super trishot mod?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:55 pm

ACE wrote:
how do u take off the reloading ona wepon
and how do u increace the ammo
and how do u do that awesome super trishot mod?

Do you have a copy of the ODF files that come with the mod tool for the PC version? If not, get them. They are the key to finding what values are available.

Find the ODF file for the class, weapon, ordanance, vehicle, whatever, and the see what properties are available.

Find the value you want to mod and use the ODF as a giude to search for that property in the lvl files with your HEX editor.

I didn't eliminate the reload time, I reduced them. Somtimes the game will freeze when you put in a value of 0. Trial and error is the way to go. Test every change so you know which one locks the game. KEEP NOTES!

The Tri-Shot mod was a little more involved in that the weapon kicks up when fired.
I edited the following properties for cis_weap_inf_wrist_trishot in the cis.lvl file
KickStrength = "0.00"
HeatPerShot = "0.01"
HeatRecoverRate = "9.9"
ShotDelay = "0.10"
(originally tried 0.01 and then 0.05 but both were too fast, it dominated the game)
TriggerSingle = "0"
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:36 am

ok one more question (for now lol) how do u make the droideka un-rool faster and turn faster
cuz i need to even it out with the inf jet
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:27 am

ACE wrote:
ok one more question (for now lol) how do u make the droideka un-rool faster and turn faster
cuz i need to even it out with the inf jet

Reference the "cis_inf_droideka.ODF" file when locating and modifing the following values in the "cis.lvl" file
The properties below are found after "cis_inf_droideka" at HEX address 89E45C

The MaxTurnSpeed is at HEX address 89E690
The UnrollTime is at HEX address 89E6CC
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:55 pm

some weird thing happend and the cis cant spawn in tirade pissed WTF? No
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:22 pm

What values did you assign to which properties?
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Man, this is the first time reading all the way thru this topic.
Great ideas guys. And Pyro, you are da man! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:23 pm

yo pyro i see that you got the gamorians on jabba ctf in your server, are there more stage charaters in the ctf maps?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:01 pm

lol finally u noticed sho nuff lol i hope u gonna add sum of these lol
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:22 pm

ifixed it but when i change the values nothinghappens WTF? WTF?
itstays the same tirade tirade tirade tirade tirade tirade pissed pissed pissed pissed pissed thumbs down thumbs down
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:59 pm

GRIZZ wrote:
yo pyro i see that you got the gamorians on jabba ctf in your server
i know this doesnt belong here but what is your server again pyro?
what stays the same ace?
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 12:30 am

the droideka mods dont do anything
nothing happens when i change the values
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 2:22 am

ACE,

Be more specific. Which properties did you assign what values?

Try modding one value at a time, starting with the unroll time

1. Open a working copy of the cis.lvl file in your HEX editor PSPad.

2. From the menu select "Search".

3. Then select "Go To Line".

4. Select the "From file beggining" option.

5. Type in "$89E6CC" for the HEX address (without the quotes).
    The HEX address is "89E6CC". The "$" is required by PSPad to identify it as a HEX address. Different editors use different symbols. I know, I got 3 of them.

6. Select "OK".
    This should place the cursor on the right side of the PSPad window on a number "1". This is the beginning of the default unroll value of "1.66"

7. On the right side of the PSPad window, overwrite the value "1.66" with "0.50".
    This is the same value as the default roll time and is the value I used.

8. Save the file and test it.

Let me know if that works.

Grizz,

GRIZZ wrote:
yo pyro i see that you got the gamorians on jabba ctf in your server, are there more stage charaters in the ctf maps?

The Gamorreans are added to the game when AI are used. Same with the Jawas on Tatooine and I think the Wookies on Kashyyyk.

I have a love/hate relation with the Gamorreans. They piss me off when the spawn behind me but I love to blast them. They capture command points in conquest, turn them white, but there is a property to disable that if desired. I haven't actually tested that one yet.

I cound care less about the wookies on Kashyyyk but I really hate those useless Jawas on Tatooine. While the Gamorreans are everybodys enemy, the Jawas are everybodys friend, which means you can't kill the little buggers unless you enable friendly fire. The problem is in CTF they can runn off with the flags and tie up the game. I found no way to disable this. I'm trying to find a way to keep them from spawning.

MewTwo,

My server
Arena ideas - Page 2 B_560x95
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arena ideas
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next