The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Modder for the Arena?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

Modder for the Arena? Empty
PostSubject: Modder for the Arena?   Modder for the Arena? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Hey you modders.
I can mod some things, but I don't have the time or smarts to figure some stuff out. scratch laugh
So, would anyone be willing to make some mods for me?

I wanna alter the Specials. Jet pack recharge rate, Weapons damage, etc.
I wanna make them worse than default! Make the specials suck. clap

I've read the ODF things and I still can't figure it out completely.
I need specific lines in the .lvl file and what to look for. headwall

I think I have some mods in mind that would make the Arena better!
But be totally different from Pyro's server. Exact opposite basically.

I wouldn't alter the regular classes. Just make the specials "less diserable" to use.

And maybe something like the Grunts only on just Kamino and Kashyyyk.

Also, I like disabling tanks, but I'd rather keep them in there but knock them down to like 0.001% health to start out. So if they bump into a rock, they'd blow up. You could get them with a couple pistol shots. Grunt

Basically the mods would be anti-cheap play. Make it dangerous to use a special or vehicle.
Could someone help me out? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Modder for the Arena?   Modder for the Arena? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:42 am

I can't speak for Ace, Silas, Weems or any of the other modders who have posted here, but if you post specific items you want to mod I will help where I can by pointing out the values I know. You will still need a person dedicated to do the HEX exiting and most importantly to test the edits, that is the most time consuming part of the modding process.

The PS2 version was never intended to be modified and it does not always behave the way in which you would expect and is not forgiving of error. You have to make an edit, then test it. Make another edit, then test it. You don't want to get over zealous and try to make too many new edits at once. If you do and there's a problem, you will not know which edit is responsible and spend twice the time fixing it.

I currently have other projects in the works don't have the time to do any major new mods for my own server, so I can't help out with the testing. However I will share what I know.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Modder for the Arena?   Modder for the Arena? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:40 pm

which specials do you want to mod all of them? leave the wookie and his recon alone please hehe
i think the main specials that some players have a prob with are the jettie,darkie and bothan mostly
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Modder for the Arena?   Modder for the Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:47 pm

I know you're super busy Pyro. That's why I didn't just ask you directly.
I can hex edit the files in PSPad. I just don't know where to look for the correct values.
The ODFs didn't help me enough. Could be that screaming 2-year-old in my ear making it hard to concentrate. Cool

Well, here's what I was thinking:
  • Dark Trooper arc-blaster damage set to 0%
    basically make it just a stun gun. Force them to use the pistol (or a different class!)

• Jet Trooper emp blaster damage set really low and remove the ability to lock-on to players
    Heavy Troopers can't lock-on to players with the rocket. Neither should the jetties.

• Darkie and Jettie jet-pack recharge rate set super low.
    Fly once and it's a looooong time till you can fly again.

• Bothan cloak takes way more energy to engage.
    Without energy regen, they could only stay invisible for a couple seconds. One roll or jump and they'd reappear.

• Droideka takes longer to form from ball to standing position.
    Just long enough to get mined... from across the room!

• Droideka shield lasts half as long.
    I'd like to take out the shields instead of just pointblank land-mine them.

• Recon droids take 5 or even 10 seconds longer to detonate!
    They were meant for scouting not spawn-camping. Sorry Grizz. Razz

That's it. That takes care of all 8 special class characters.
I really dislike the jet troopers and dark troopers. I want them to suck! Bleh

Thanks for whatver help you can provide! Rock On!
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Modder for the Arena?   Modder for the Arena? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:03 pm

why not just go with the simple solution and raise the unlock value of the classes again and that way they dont show up so fast and the special whores have to earn it unlike the easy 12 point unlock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Modder for the Arena?   Modder for the Arena? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:29 am

Say I do raise specials to 50 points or whatever. They still get unlocked at some point and then abused.
I've noticed "good" players abuse specials the worst! So changing the unlock points won't help at all.

Think about this. If I join a map that's been going for 20 minutes already, my first 5 or 6 deaths come at the hands of a darkie or jettie. Or recon-spawn-camped.
And then I have to try to get 50 points to catch up to use a bothan or magnaguard on them??
Not possible. I'd leave the server till that map ended.

But if the specials suck, it doesn't matter how many points unlock them or who is using them.
They'd still be basically worthless!
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Modder for the Arena?   Modder for the Arena? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:58 am

The specials can be eliminated. I think Merc-J has already done this mod. The specials were overwritten on a map by map basis in the mission.lvl file. They still unlock but will spawn in as one of the remaining regular classes.
Back to top Go down
XxB.R.xX
Grunt
Grunt
XxB.R.xX

PostSubject: Re: Modder for the Arena?   Modder for the Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Man, I'd love these mods to some time be put into effect. That would be awesome that the dark troopers would have only a stun gun instead of a instant kill weapon. The other mods you mentioned Sho'Nuff sound great too. I wonder if anyone has started on doing this stuff yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modder for the Arena?   Modder for the Arena? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modder for the Arena?
Page 1 of 1