The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Gamenight Ideas

Go down 
+5
PyroJockey
MountAndDewMe
Bouncer
VASH
Axe
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Hey guys Ive noticed we always talk about doing a gamenight with different games for example speederbike races but we never have the gamenight. So I say we do it! Post ideas for different games that you think would be fun and the arena could be number 1! Fun...one they rhymed I feel like doctor Seuss. Anyways back to the topic. We should also discuss when we want to have a gamenight. So post different game ideas you think would be cool and post when you think they should take place. I think they should take place every friday night from
6:00 p.m. central to 9:00 p.m. central then we can return to our regular map playlist.

I just thought of two new gametypes

1. Infection (or zombie attack): The Empire or CIS will be zombies and rebels and republic will be regualrs. The battle lasts for 10 mins and the zombies goal is to kill everyone on the regulars team. When a zombie kills a regular and admin will switch the regualr that was killed to the zombies side. Once all regulars are on the zombie side the match is over and zombies win. But if there is atleast one regular left standing at the end of the ten mins regulars win.

2. "Protection": One player on each team is a leader. Take down the enemy's leader, but take care of your own. Leaders are only allowed to use pistols. Leaders cannot hide in spots where nobody would ever look. Whichever teams leader is killed first loses.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:18 pm

geez axe r u like a mind reader or somthin haha ive tought of those games too lol 1. infection is very similar (identical side from time limit) to red rover which is probly more fun cuz no time limit lol
and 2. protection hmmm i had called it somthin else what was it... o yeah vip but n mine the leader could use just their pistol and they was a sniper lol but urs is good too lol

anyways if u dont want change the server sho i can always set it up on killzone lol ill rename it game night and set it up myself if i have to lol but lets push bak the time to 8 cuz sum people gots jobs and id like as many to show up as possible

this friday at 8 eastern
server- game night
password- FUN
games- red rover and vip

so who wants in? also lets keep up ideas for games 4 more fridays to come lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:20 pm

hmmm vash could you have gotton the VIP name idea from Halo? lol thats where I got these ideas from
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:26 pm

sadly i never played much halo just vs with a friend lol i thought em up well not red rover lol i had others on the 501st forum if u want look those up lol
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:37 pm

GAME NIGHT

games: infection, protection, dodge ball

rules:
infection- 1 empiral hunts down all rebels any killed switchs too empirals and helps hunt down rest last rebel standing is the starting empiral 4 next round and rebels can only use pistols and health and ammo packs
protection- 2 teams each with a leader and the teams hunt down the enemys leader which is a sniper (that can only use pistol) and kills him, 1st team to do so wins
dodge ball- only use grunt and kill only with gernades last man standing wins 4 the team

maps:
infection- naboo, kamino, polis massa
protection- yavin, felucia, dagobah
dodge ball- deathstar (central area only), coruscant (center room only), mos eisley (arena only)

server: game night
password: FUN
time: friday the 23rd at 8 eastern (7 cent, 6 mt, 5 pacific)

feel free to invite whoever u want just make sure they kno the rules lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:49 pm

one thing vash forgot to say was on protection the leader has to be protected at all times and the leader CANNOT HIDE!!!! If he is caught hiding the admin has to tell everybody where he is. And the dodgeball game sounds like its gonna be really fun!
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:19 am

Also I think we should end our first game night with.........a...........SPEEDERBIKE RACE!!!!!! If you guys like the idea of ending it with a speeder bike race I think we should have it on Endor. I think there are a total of 8 speeder bikes on that map. It would also be cool to be racing against somebody and you keep bumping into them trying to make them crash and you bump them hard enough so they run into a rock or a tree.

Last edited by Axe on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:47 am

lol a speeder bike race would b fun however this could take sum time depending on how many ppl show up so besides we wanna save sum games 4 other game nights n the future right? lol o yeah and no hiding is right im just 4getful lol
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:42 am

Just an addon to the leader idea...
The leader also has to be taken to an extraction zone (CP) and capture it. Whichever team's leader gets extracted first or whose team kills the other leader first wins.

3. Demolition
Each time has some sort of item (droid, vehicle, capital system) that it must protect from the other team. Whoever destroys the other team's target first wins. (If it's in space, you HAVE to have the item inside the ship. NO DESTROYING IT FROM OUTSIDE.)

4. Free for All
Team damage on. Player names off. Every man for himself. Last one standing wins. And you have to have at least one kill to win, so no hiding out.
Back to top Go down
MountAndDewMe
Grunt
Grunt
MountAndDewMe

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:01 am

I am liking this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:26 am

bouncer I like the demolition idea and the free for all but Im not to sure what you mean for the protection game can you decribe it a little more? And we can use speeder bike race, Demolition and Free 4 All next week.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:37 am

Bouncer wrote:

4. Free for All
Team damage on. Player names off. Every man for himself. Last one standing wins. And you have to have at least one kill to win, so no hiding out.

I like the Free for All, we refer to it as "total anarchy" in Descent and it is the most common game mode. What I'm wondering is in SWBF2 how do you address negative points for what would normally be considered a team kill?

I have heard of a mod that would always give positive points but that also includes suicides (falling into a pit, lava, etc...).

As for speederbikes on Endor there are 8 or 9 that spawn all over the map. I can mod the map so they all spawn at the bunker.

Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks Pyro that would help alot thumbs up afro Peanut Butter Jelly
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Axe wrote:
bouncer I like the demolition idea and the free for all but Im not to sure what you mean for the protection game can you decribe it a little more?
Like you said, each team has a leader (that can't hide). One team will spawn in at one CP, the other team will spawn in at the other. Each team's objective is to get their leader to a specific CP, and capture it. Whoever captures their CP first (gets extracted) wins. Also, if your team's leader dies, your team loses. Whoever kills the other leader gets to play leader next round.

5. Demoltion Derby
Kinda like speeder bike races and free for all mixed together. You can do this alone, or have a partner. You guys grab a vehicle and beef it up with whatever (mines, detpacks, etc). You and everyone else in a vehicle duke it out until only one duo is left.

Last edited by Bouncer on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MountAndDewMe
Grunt
Grunt
MountAndDewMe

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:45 pm

sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:22 pm

Ok i liked bouncers demolition game and i came up with my own version of it.

Demolition: This game is always rebels vs empire ctf but the flag will never be used. The rebel team has to earn enough points so they can play as bothan. When a player is playing as a bonthan nobody else can play as a bonthan. The bothan has to get into the enmy base and put a time bomb onto the flag score zone. The bothan is not allowed to use his stealth power. After one bomb has exploded two more must be placed in the score zone and they have to sucessfully explode. If a player is killed as a bothan they cannot use a bothan for the rest of the game. If every player is killed as a bothan and they did not sucefully plant 3 bombs in the score zone empire win.

Heres an example

JJ' is playing as a bonthan and sucessfully gets into the enemy hanger and plants the bomb, the bomb explodes but jj is killed. The rebels have successfully planted 1 bomb.

Then Grizz plays as a bonthan and sucessfully plants a bomb, and it explodes. The rebels now have successfully planted 2 bombs (but grizz is killed)

Finally I play as a bonthan, and I plant the bomb and it explodes. The rebels have now planted 3 bombs successfully. That means the rebels win.

Again if you die as the bothan YOU CANNOT PLAY AS THE BONTHAN AGAIN!!! If every player on the rebels plays as the bothan but they all get killed before they plant any bombs the Empire wins because now nobody on the rebels can play as the bonthan because everyone already has and they were killed as bonthan. Tell me what you think of this.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:45 pm

So who all will be able to come to gamnight?
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:15 pm

I'll come if I'm at home tomorrow night, but everyone's going to need mics or we need a list so we can know what games were playing on what map so no one gets confused. Also I think we should make an official set of rules/games/maps before then so we don't waste time. But we could also just go with it and maybe it'll work out.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:19 pm

lol well thats y we got a pass so random players that dont got a clue what were doin does not join lol also u kno ima b there lol
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:02 pm

I don't know if I can make it yet. Depends on if anyone else is using the TV/Internet. Mad

What time does it start?
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:09 pm

i wont B able to come
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:29 pm

VASH wrote:
GAME NIGHT

games: infection, protection, dodge ball

rules:
infection- 1 empiral hunts down all rebels any killed switchs too empirals and helps hunt down rest last rebel standing is the starting empiral 4 next round and rebels can only use pistols and health and ammo packs
protection- 2 teams each with a leader and the teams hunt down the enemys leader which is a sniper (that can only use pistol) and kills him, 1st team to do so wins
dodge ball- only use grunt and kill only with gernades last man standing wins 4 the team

maps:
infection- naboo, kamino, polis massa
protection- yavin, felucia, dagobah
dodge ball- deathstar (central area only), coruscant (center room only), mos eisley (arena only)

server: game night
password: FUN
time: friday the 23rd at 8 eastern (7 cent, 6 mt, 5 pacific)

feel free to invite whoever u want just make sure they kno the rules lol
there ya go bouncer lol
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:44 pm

curses! ok 2 problems 1 i cant connect to the server manager 4 hughs server to set this up also we got a storm cmmin n and i gotta help my dad prepare so id like to ask 4 help from anybody that can set up that server soryy guys
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Lets schedule this for tommorow night.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:29 pm

alrighty sorry 4 the inconvience guys lol by then i hope to have this dilema resolved lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gamenight Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamenight Ideas   Gamenight Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamenight Ideas
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next