The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Arena ideas

Go down 
+16
darthwiley
{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
dx
Axe
JJ'
Darkfire
GRIZZ
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
PyroJockey
Bouncer
KillaK
ACE
Kingkong
{DSB}Mewtwo
VASH
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:42 am

ok lets have this thread for every1 comin up with ideas to make the arena a btr place here r sum examples to get the ball rolling

have mods like double auto turrets or increased amount of ammo in gernades and mines stuff like that or like increased duration of time that the canasters stay on ground ive seen all kinds of mods just tryin to think of the fun ones that will keep the arena fun yet fair lol

and maybe we could have a special day of the week 4 team damage on like an auto anouncement that goes somthin like "mondays team damage is on" or somthin like that would b interestin

or like friday nights r game nights

just throwin ideas out there hope u guys like em or got sum of ur own lol
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:41 am

i like the gamenight.and if i am correct you can mod the rockets so that you wouldnt have to reload.i think that should be added to(maybe in gamenight) Wink
Back to top Go down
Kingkong
Grunt
Grunt
Kingkong

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:41 am

i would like 2 see this happen!!!
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 9:01 am

yeah but if it is gonna happen,the question is....when will it happen
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:33 pm

o i kno how to do that mod
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:06 pm

if u are going to mod any class, i would mod the grunt and/or sniper....everyone plays rocket and engy cause they are the most powerful and easiest to do well with.

What .com does is increase the damage a bit for the grunt rifle and than increase the damage on the sniper turrets. Levels the playing field a bit.

My favorite mod was when .com did their halloween trick or treat day and there was a mod for the engys so that no matter where u were on the map, if u switched to your fusion cutter, you would start to heal like u were near a health droid.
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:34 pm

KillaK wrote:
My favorite mod was when .com did their halloween trick or treat day and there was a mod for the engys so that no matter where u were on the map, if u switched to your fusion cutter, you would start to heal like u were near a health droid.
i wish i was there but yeah i hate those turrets because 1 took me out in 2 hits with my rocket at full health Sad
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 5:57 pm

Is there any way to give all of the regular troops jedi jump and run abilities?
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:22 pm

Bouncer wrote:
Is there any way to give all of the regular troops jedi jump
i dont think that would be fair though lol
Quote :
and run abilities?
i think that might be fair...it just depends because if it is ctf both abilities would be a little unfair...thats what most of the heroes are for Wink
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:59 pm

Bouncer wrote:
Is there any way to give all of the regular troops jedi jump and run abilities?

I don't know if this will allow true "Jedi" capabilities (like double jumping), but these are the default values for all classes set under "com_inf_default" in the "ingame.lvl. file:

MaxHealth = "400.0"
MaxSpeed = "7.0" // base forward speed
MaxStrafeSpeed = "5.25" // base right/left speed
MaxTurnSpeed = "5.0" // base turn speed
JumpHeight = "1.78" // base jump height in meters
JumpForwardSpeedFactor = "1.3" // boost forward part of velocity by this factor when jumping
JumpStrafeSpeedFactor = "1.0" // boost side/backward part of velocity by this factor when jumping
RollSpeedFactor = "1.5" // in forward arc, boost speed by this factor when rolling
Acceleration = "70.0"
SprintAccelerateTime = "0.35"
EnergyBar = "100.0" // Max energy
EnergyRestore = "15.0" // energy regained per second if moving
EnergyMinSprint = "20.0" // min energy to start sprinting
EnergyCostJump = "0.0" // energy cost to jump
EnergyCostRoll = "25.0" // energy cost to roll

These are supposed to be the default values for an average class. Some classes will override these, i.e. rocketeer is slower, the sniper is faster. The overrides are applied in the lvl files in the SIDES folder. Only classes that have an existing override can be addessed separately.

In comparison these are the default values for Jedi

MaxHealth = 1200.0
MaxSpeed = 9.0 // base forward speed
MaxStrafeSpeed = 6.6 // base right/left speed
MaxTurnSpeed = 6.0 // base turn speed
JumpHeight = 3.5 // base jump height in meters
JumpForwardSpeedFactor = 1.3 // boost forward part of velocity by this factor when jumping
JumpStrafeSpeedFactor = 1.0 // boost side/backward part of velocity by this factor when jumping
RollSpeedFactor = 1.5 // in forward arc, boost speed by this factor when rolling
Acceleration = 70.0 // accelerate to full run in about 7/70 = 0.1 seconds
SprintAccelerateTime = 0.35 // accelerate from run to sprint in this time
EnergyBar = 100.0 // Max energy
EnergyRestore = 15.0 // energy regained per second if moving
EnergyRestoreIdle = 25.0 // energy regained per second if not
EnergyDrainSprint = 15.0 // energy spent per second of sprinting
EnergyMinSprint = 20.0 // min energy to start sprinting
EnergyCostJump = 0.0 // energy cost to jump
EnergyCostRoll = 25.0 // energy cost to roll

Same deal here, some Jedi will override these in the SIDES folder.

I have not tested all these out 100%
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:16 pm

To bouncer: well i was n lonewolfs server and we just messin around like him puttin me n an invisable box haha i was like a traped mime XD lol anyway he gave regular clases the ability to jump repeatedly in air so u could go as high as map allowed! lol the downside is u have to come down eventually to play and when u do the height of the fall kills u i suppose jet troopers wouldnt b effected howver they have no need for repeated jump since they have jet packs lol

killak: interesting i never notice the enhanced turret mod lol combine that with the double turrets and a sniper could b effective in n close range lol as 4 the grunts hmmmm i love grunts but im worried ill get soft and used to enhanced grunts and get my but kicked in clan battles lol but yeah overall i think enhanced grunts a good idea just not too enhanced haha i remember on pyro's server my rocket would get killed in like 3 normal hits from rapid fire grunts lol so that what everybody used lol dude! a healing fusion cutter!!?? awesum!! did it still repair stuff? could u heal others with it?! so cool!!

and last but not least wow pyro u know so much bout mods lol which leads me to my next question is there away to mod the teams that verse each other like have republic vs empire or rebel vs cis or change how u can only have gcw on hoth like could u have the clone wars era on hoth thatd b like the coolest thing if u figure that out and it gets appilied to arena! lol
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:24 am

actually vash i think that last mod can be used idk i cant remember if i downloaded a mod or if i mooded it myself scratch
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:25 am

VASH wrote:
is there away to mod the teams that verse each other like have republic vs empire or rebel vs cis or change how u can only have gcw on hoth like could u have the clone wars era on hoth thatd b like the coolest thing if u figure that out and it gets appilied to arena! lol

I have heard rumors of Empire vs Clones on Hoth but I have not been able to verify this for the PS2. It’s probably just a mod for the PC.

I made several attempts to switch sides in a map with no success. For my test project I was trying to have the Clones from Episode 2 battle the Clones from Episode 3 on Kamino with Obi-Wan and Anikin as the opposing Jedi. The PS2 would lock up at every attempt.

I have noticed many inconsistencies in the lvl files. For example, most of the changes I make in the cis.lvl file seem to have no effect on the Droids. If I make the same changes in the rep.lvl file it affects both the Clones and the Droids. This could be part of the problem.

I haven’t given up on the project, I’m just focusing on smaller ones for now.

Last edited by PyroJockey on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 am

smaller ones...really?did you just say smaller ones?thats a load of crap...you have done a lot of mods in your server
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:36 am

thank u 4 all ur hard work and effeort pyro im truly grateful u take a fun game and make it funner lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:48 am

{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:
smaller ones...really?did you just say smaller ones?thats a load of crap...you have done a lot of mods in your server

Yes, but not all at once. In fact this weekend I finally met my first objective, to give every non-Jedi class a mod of some type to enhance game play. The Jedi already have the force and can fend for themselves, at least for now. Suspect

My second objective is to give each map a mod of some type. The maps I haven't modded yet are:

Coruscant
Dagobah
Endor
Felucia (yeah, but who cares)
Jabbas Palace
Tantive IV
Yavin 4
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:03 am

gots another question can vehichles b added to maps with no vehicles cause i think itd b cool to put at least one speeder bike on each team on each map to help the scores go faster lol (i really just wanna c em race around mos eisley lol)
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:59 am

VASH wrote:
gots another question can vehichles b added to maps with no vehicles

At this time I see no way to do this. If the map has no vehichle spawn points I know of no way to add them.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:25 am

hm spawn points... yep that gave me another idea lol can u change the location where the flags and/or troops warp n or add entire new command posts lol sorry i keep askin so many questions lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:53 am

VASH wrote:
can u change the location where the flags and/or troops warp n or add entire new command posts

Because of the limitations in hex editing the PS2 version, I think it's impossible to add anything to a map, only change or disable what's already there. There are some things that can be turned on, like the extra command posts in Death Star, Hoth and Kamino, but that's not the same as adding a new CP.

As for changing the location of objects, it may be possible but I haven’t yet explored that possibility.

By the way, my son pointed out that there is an extra command post floating in the void outside of Jabba’s Palace. It is not active, doesn’t glow and you cannot capture it, change class or spawn, it’s just the geometry. It would be interesting to see if it can be made active as a spawn point outside of the map. Of course this would only be viable for Jet Troopers and Dark Troopers with infinite jetpack.
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:28 am

Okay. Neutral

One more question,
Is it possible to merge the Conquest and CTF versions of Hoth?

As in, have all of the regular conquest stuff there, but have the tunnels open and have the rebel base in the back? (Maybe removing the auto-turrets)
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:06 am

Bouncer wrote:
Okay. Neutral

One more question,
Is it possible to merge the Conquest and CTF versions of Hoth?

As in, have all of the regular conquest stuff there, but have the tunnels open and have the rebel base in the back? (Maybe removing the auto-turrets)

You reading my mind? Suspect

I wanted to do a Hoth conquest with the map used in CTF, open tunnels, rebel transports (destructible of course), vehicles and all the command posts. I did find objects called “hoth_prop_collapse” that make up the walls of ice that block the tunnels and I could disable them allowing me to pass. But the chasm and bridges are missing (just a big gaping hole). I had hoped they would still be there or perhaps turned off with a “KillObject” in the mission file, but no such luck. No
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:32 pm

PyroJockey wrote:
rebel transports (destructible of course), vehicles and all the command posts. I did find objects called “hoth_prop_collapse” that make up the walls of ice that block the tunnels and I could disable them allowing me to pass.
wait a minute... Suspect you mean that you can destroy the transports omg Shocked
Quote :
I did find objects called “hoth_prop_collapse” that make up the walls of ice that block the tunnels and I could disable them allowing me to pass.
well what about the shields Suspect
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:59 pm

{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:

wait a minute... Suspect you mean that you can destroy the transports omg Shocked
well what about the shields Suspect

Yes. Twisted Evil
No. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:59 pm

PyroJockey wrote:
I wanted to do a Hoth conquest with the map used in CTF, open tunnels, rebel transports (destructible of course), vehicles and all the command posts. I did find objects called “hoth_prop_collapse” that make up the walls of ice that block the tunnels and I could disable them allowing me to pass. But the chasm and bridges are missing (just a big gaping hole). I had hoped they would still be there or perhaps turned off with a “KillObject” in the mission file, but no such luck. No
Could cloning existing pieces of the tunnels be used to bridge the gap?

I wonder if taking the map from Super Hoth CTF and using it as the Conquest template might work, except the other CPs on the map would be gone... No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arena ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arena ideas
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next