The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Arena ideas

Go down 
+16
darthwiley
{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
dx
Axe
JJ'
Darkfire
GRIZZ
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
PyroJockey
Bouncer
KillaK
ACE
Kingkong
{DSB}Mewtwo
VASH
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

Arena ideas - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:33 am

mine says 61.66 WTF?
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 5:48 am

lol ive found away around ur lil jawa problem pyro lol its simple really when the jawas grab the flag u simple press the up button and have them follow u lol i actually love it lol cuz ill have one follow me then make it grab my flag im defending then move it to sumplace i like to defend like the cantina lol poor ai's dont stand a chance lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:03 am

ACE wrote:
mine says 61.66 WTF?

You got one too many digits? In the lvl file there all kinds of characters that are not part of the actual properties. If these characters are numbers they may be confused as part of the property value. When you are looking at the lvl file in a hex editor, keep in mind that the actual value of the property starts with the 9th characer after the word "PROP". There are always 8 characters padding between them. For example PROP########1.66.
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:00 am

its weird lately none of my changes do anything WTF? No pissed tirade pissed pissed
the inf jetpack went away and i didnt change the rep.lvl
and all the other changes i made just went back to normal WTF?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:40 am

ACE wrote:
its weird lately none of my changes do anything WTF? No pissed tirade pissed pissed
the inf jetpack went away and i didnt change the rep.lvl
and all the other changes i made just went back to normal WTF?

Is it possible that after a bad edit you restored a back-up that didn't include a particular mod? (been there, done that) Rolling Eyes

Go back into your rep.lvl file and verify that the settings for infinate jetpack are still there.

Here's a tip, if you're not already doing so, document the actual HEX address's for every change you make. It is more work up-front, but it makes it super easy to go back to that value.
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:14 pm

i went in and all the changes i made are still there but on the server it stays the same WTF?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:24 pm

ACE wrote:
i went in and all the changes i made are still there but on the server it stays the same WTF?

Interesting....it's getting those values from somewhere. scratch Do a little test, rename the "rep.lvl" file that has your infinate jetpack mod to "rep.old". Then start your server and run a Clone Wars era map. If the server runs with that map, then it's looking at a different rep.lvl file (sans mods). If it doesn't run, then it's looking for the right file but you still have a problem somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Darkfire
Grunt
Grunt
Darkfire

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Cool ideas. headset
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamsoh.forumwise.com/
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:06 pm

it works now cheers lol
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:30 pm

how did you know to rename it pyro? scratch
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:40 pm

{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:
how did you know to rename it pyro? scratch

The rename should not have fixed it. If anything it would have broke it more. It was only to be a diagnostic step.

@ACE, I'm assuming the problem resolved by itself?
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:18 pm

well it fixed when i reinstalled the server but redid my changes
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:16 pm

can u make it so whever u are in the battlefield u refill ammo like u are at a ammo droid ? lol
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:32 pm

and so u get ammo faster ?
lol
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 pm

I sort of thought this up a few days ago and wondered if Pyro thinks it's possible,

Since death zones can be removed, can they also be added? (To take care of those little glitchers Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Bouncer wrote:
I sort of thought this up a few days ago and wondered if Pyro thinks it's possible,

Since death zones can be removed, can they also be added? (To take care of those little glitchers Twisted Evil )

Not to my knowledge, I doubt you can add them.
Back to top Go down
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
JJ'

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:47 pm

If you guys are lookin for new maps to add, I can give some ideas.

- I know that Mos Eisley conquest is popular in .com, almost like the backbone of the server.

- Consider adding back Death Star conquest, another popular con map.

- Don't add Jedi maps, anyone who wants to play one can go to the Abyss, and most that play in the arena are CTF and Con players.

- Take out Kashyyyk, I've seen servers lose half their players with this map.

- Felucia and Endor end up a bore for a lot of players, so don't add these.

- Polis Massa CTF is popular in TD on servers, so it should be pop in this server. Plus, there is no TD off server with PM CTF.

Just some ideas Cool

Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:58 pm

i agree with jj side from the con maps lol tho im sure those 2 would b fun as well lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 12:01 pm

Sorry for posting so many things but I would like kashyyyk ctf because to me it takes a little bit of teamwork especially if we can use tanks because u can have a partner in the tank, you drive them to the flag, the get out and get the flag then get back in, then you have to drive them to the scoring zone without getting your tank blown the peices. Also when ever i have to take a speeder bike to get the flag someone else ALWAYS gets it before me and I risk my life by giving my partner my speeder and letting them score while i get killed lol. Again sorry about the loong post again
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:34 pm

no troubles axe lol annd i prefer the ctf version 2 cuz their no time limit and i just love the tank buster award haha sounds like ur a good team player wish there were more like u
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:12 pm

the death star conquest is a very fun match to play in because all the battles take place in the hangrs or in that tunnel thing
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:30 pm

How about a massive game of hide and seek? Razz

Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Similar to Bouncer's idea, How about a “fox and hound chase” on Endor? Something along these lines:

Use a modded conquest map with lots of speeder bikes, no ATST’s. (I can provide this, bikes have less collision damage too)

One player is a rebel “fox” and is on foot.

Everyone else is an imperial “hound” and are on speeders.

The fox has to evade the hounds and of course the hounds have to kill the fox

The fox is given a head start and is set free somewhere in the map.

The hounds all must start at the imperial bunker at the same time (signal by detpack, grenade, whatever).

Team damage is on with automatic boot for negative score. (TK, you're out. Crash into a tree, you're out)

Aim assist is off.

Player names are off.

The fox may kill a hound, if they’re good enough.

Whoever kills the fox wins and gets to choose a new fox (including themselves).

Likewise for the fox if the fox is the sole survivor.

Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Yea JJ is right.....Mos eisley conquest is one the most popular conquest maps and my personal favorite....

On the other hand, Endor conquest is the worst conquest map....if u still want to play that map than i would go with CTF...

And "The Fox and the Hound" is an epic movie pyro Cool
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:02 pm

KillaK wrote:
And "The Fox and the Hound" is an epic movie pyro Cool

Copper should've kicked Todd's azz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arena ideas
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next