The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Arena ideas

Go down 
+16
darthwiley
{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
dx
Axe
JJ'
Darkfire
GRIZZ
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
PyroJockey
Bouncer
KillaK
ACE
Kingkong
{DSB}Mewtwo
VASH
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

Arena ideas - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:53 pm

I would love to have a fox and the hound game that would be awesome! Its kind of like were adding our very own games to SWBF2 so ctf isnt the only non conquest game we can play. I also think races would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:05 am

cool that sounds like a fun game id like to play it at least once lol but i have a feeling id like red rover btr lol
Back to top Go down
dx
Grunt
Grunt
dx

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:31 am

this game sound interesting and fun
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:31 pm

A few questions...

Could Death Star be modded to have the doors open between hangars, but the door leading into the Rebel/Republib hangar (from the center room) be closed?

Also, could the Empire/CIS capture area be moved from their hangar to the top of the control platform in the laser room?

And could the Empire/CIS hangar be made neutral, along with the Rebel, Republic forward CP?

Finally, could the flag be moved to the top of the table in the meeting room by the Empire/CIS hangar?

Just an idea for a new kind of Death Star CTF...
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:49 pm

I have some answers...

Bouncer wrote:
Could Death Star be modded to have the doors open between hangars, but the door leading into the Rebel/Republic hangar (from the center room) be closed?

I have not hit that particular combination. I did find that at hex address 0281E0 in the "mission.lvl" file there is a string "dea1_prop_door_blast0" that locks the blast door in the imperial hangar and west blast door in rebel hangar by default.

If you edit the string to "dea1_prop_door_blast{null}" it locks blast door in the round room and west blast door in rebel hangar, effectively sealing the area. ({null} is HEX 00)

If you edit the string to "dea1_prop_door_blast1" it locks both blast doors in the rebel hangar forcing players to take the sloped hallway. The blast door in the imperial hangar is unlocked.

If you edit the string to "dea1_prop_door_blast2" it locks west blast door in the rebel hangar and the blast door in the imperial hangar is unlocked.

I was not able to find a string that opened the doors between the hangars while locking the one in the round room.

Bouncer wrote:
Also, could the Empire/CIS capture area be moved from their hangar to the top of the control platform in the laser room?

Unknown. I haven't tried moving capture regions yet but it's on my list.

Bouncer wrote:
And could the Empire/CIS hangar be made neutral, along with the Rebel, Republic forward CP?

Unknown. I have tried to move command posts without success. I now know which properties to set for team 1, 2, or neutral but haven't tested them yet. Also on my list.

Bouncer wrote:
Finally, could the flag be moved to the top of the table in the meeting room by the Empire/CIS hangar?

I have been able to move the flag spawn in Hoth to any known location (currently in the bunker at the end of the tunnel where CP3 is in conquest). If you can find the location of the orb in the center of the table you should be able to put the flag there. Otherwiase you could put it at the CP location in the conference room.

The location of these objects is controled by the HEX values found between the string "XFRM0" and the first "PROP" in the object definition. There are 51 HEX characters but so far I found only the last 12 change.

Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:02 pm

if you can move the spawn location of a tank can you put diffrent tanks on diffrent maps?
or put a space fighter on land?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:40 pm

So far I have not been able to do any of that. I can switch around vehicles that are already in the map, such as editing some of the Republic ATRT walker spawns on Naboo so they spawn CIS AAT's instead. That worked because the AAT's were already established in the map (worked on Utapau too)

I wasn't able to replace the CIS snail tanks on Kashyyyk with AAT's however. I edited the mission.lvl and kas2.lvl files but no tanks spawned. Even though they are in the same side file cis.lvl it would not put the AAT's in.

At this point I have been unable to add a vehicle to a map that does not already include that vehicle.

It's too bad, I would love to have some air support on Geonosis.

I was able to get the Republic ATTE to spawn on the opposite end of Geonosis as a CIS vehicle and spawn point. That was a hoot! Only one ATTE would spawn at a time and it would alternate between the Republic and the CIS side, at least until the CIS CP it was associated with was captured.

I'm thinking of trying somthing similar on Hoth to see if I can get the 2 ATAT's to battle it out, have the rebel one spawn at the shield generator.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:35 pm

If you can make a mod that can move the flag to diff spots, the Arena Server should move the flag on the death star to the center. Then it would keep the flag active
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Hehe, Rebel ATAT vs Empire ATAT. I like it. thumbs up Maybe give the Empire some snowspeeders too, or just remove all of them.

BTW I saw a mod where both forward CPs on Death Star were neutral and incapturable, and the flag spawned in the laser room.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:44 pm

haaha dude pyro ur an awesum mad genius! lol!
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:06 am

PyroJockey wrote:
I'm thinking of trying something similar on Hoth to see if I can get the 2 ATAT's to battle it out, have the rebel one spawn at the shield generator.

It works. Very Happy They do make short work of each other with the powerful secondary weapon. I'll have to see about giving the empire a snow speeder spawn
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 am

an ariel battle?! beautiful! lol hmmm um ur able to switch weapons around right? what if u gave missles t the speeders so it can b like a land space battle lol also i keep tryin to think of this crazy mod to ask u if it possible but i always 4get lol let me think...o yeah! 2 things 1. can u make gernades sticky? and 2 r u able to increase the "bouncy-ness" of the gernades lol just wonderin
Back to top Go down
Kingkong
Grunt
Grunt
Kingkong

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:53 am

i would love a super modded space fight!!!!
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:08 am

VASH wrote:
ur able to switch weapons around right?

I have had very limited success swapping weapons

VASH wrote:
2 things 1. can u make gernades sticky? and 2 r u able to increase the "bouncy-ness" of the gernades lol just wonderin

It may be possible, there are values for that in the lvl files. The question is can they be changed without freezing the game and will they actually have an effect.

GeometryName = "com_weap_inf_grenadethermal_ord"

LightColor = "252 67 67 150"
LightRadius = "4.0"

ImpactEffectWater = "com_sfx_watersplash_sm"
ImpactEffect = "com_sfx_explosion_lg"
TrailEffect = "com_sfx_weap_grenade_red"

LifeSpan = "0.6"
Velocity = "25.0"
Gravity = "1.25"
Rebound = "0.2"
Friction = "2.0"

StickPerson = 0
StickAnimal = 0
StickDroid = 0
StickVehicle = 1
StickBuilding = 1
StickBuildingDead = 0
StickBuildingUnbuilt= 0
StickTerrain = 0

CollisionOtherSound = "com_weap_inf_grenade_bounce"
CollisionWaterSound = "imp_inf_trooper_land_water"
CollisionFoliageSound = ""

Kingkong wrote:
i would love a super modded space fight!!!!

@Kingkong: You haven't played any of my modded space maps have you?

VASH wrote:
an ariel battle?! beautiful!

@VASH: wrong video game

Arena ideas - Page 4 Disney-s-the-little-mermaid-ii.487190
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:29 am

hhahahahahahahha no freakin way! lol how can the devolpers live with themselves after making a game like that! rotflol there dignity is like gone XD lol p.s. good 1 pyro XD lol
Back to top Go down
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
Grunt
Grunt
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:16 pm

i think the doors on the death star clone wars ctf should be closed that mod ruins the map for me because all the republic does is spawn camp wit the jetties it gets annoyin to spawn n automatically die cause of that
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:26 pm

i agree with him lol i prefer the doors closed myself lol
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Is there any way to mod Hero Assault to remove the Jedis/Sith from the lineup? AKA gun-hero only assault.

Last edited by Bouncer on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:18 pm

VASH wrote:
1. can u make gernades sticky?
what do you mean by sticky?are you talking about sticky like the detpack?
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:49 pm

na i meant like how gernades r sticky on halo if u hit a player it would stick to them lol
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:12 pm

VASH wrote:
na i meant like how gernades r sticky on halo if u hit a player it would stick to them lol
ok...but there sort of are sticky,if you throw the grenade at their body,and then a second later it goes boom
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:25 pm

not 4 me lol ive hit lots of ppl and been hit and i usually have enough time to roll away to take no damage course that might fall under the lag catagory ugh it can be so bad with me stupid server anounced like 3 times i exceeded max ping i was lagin bad anyway so i went ahead and left lol
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:44 pm

VASH wrote:
not 4 me lol ive hit lots of ppl and been hit and i usually have enough time to roll away to take no damage course that might fall under the lag catagory ugh it can be so bad with me stupid server anounced like 3 times i exceeded max ping i was lagin bad anyway so i went ahead and left lol
lag is the stupidest thing you can have on a game
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:52 pm

yes lag does suck.....

ima quote baron, the tech genius, about pings

"What I think a lot of people playing this game (and others) don't understand is that when someone's ping is really high and their opponents are much lower, they might as well be cheating - imho. When you shoot at someone who has a really high ping, your basically shooting at their shadow. They're a few steps ahead of what your seeing on your Playstation. Their bad connection just makes it take a really long time for the server to get the signal so it's always tracking them a little late. Meanwhile if your ping is low, they're seeing a much more accurate representation of where you are since your system is updating the server much quicker."

This was the best explanation of ping for me and helped me understand why i get these unregistered body shots. Plus wireless connection sucks.
Sad
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:11 pm

KillaK wrote:
yes lag does suck.....

ima quote baron, the tech genius, about pings

"What I think a lot of people playing this game (and others) don't understand is that when someone's ping is really high and their opponents are much lower, they might as well be cheating - imho. When you shoot at someone who has a really high ping, your basically shooting at their shadow. They're a few steps ahead of what your seeing on your Playstation. Their bad connection just makes it take a really long time for the server to get the signal so it's always tracking them a little late. Meanwhile if your ping is low, they're seeing a much more accurate representation of where you are since your system is updating the server much quicker." Sad
im glad i have low ping cheers its just too bad that other people are actually good at the game but have really high ping so it doesnt make a difference No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena ideas   Arena ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arena ideas
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next