The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

What Should We Do With The Arena?

Go down 
+5
Mike
KillaK
VASH
GRIZZ
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
9 posters

Move the server to a different spot (reset stats) and hope that server isn't garbage too.
What Should We Do With The Arena? I_vote_lcap92%What Should We Do With The Arena? I_vote_rcap
 92% [ 12 ]
Let it go the way it is now with no players and 10+ crashes a day.
What Should We Do With The Arena? I_vote_lcap8%What Should We Do With The Arena? I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Let it die on October 13th (when the next payment is due) and just go back to playing conquest on .com or dealing with glitchers on the other servers.
What Should We Do With The Arena? I_vote_lcap0%What Should We Do With The Arena? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

What Should We Do With The Arena? Empty
PostSubject: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:32 pm

The server crashes like 10 times a day. That's the real reason it's losing so much popularity.

What should we do with it?
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:39 pm

i cant tell you how to spend your money shonuff but ill be back on very soon and ill be on almost every day! and i would like the arena there when i do!
i vote change locations and reset even tho my high avg will be gone Sad but i dont care i just want to play on the battlefront with you guys.... i mean kill you guys on the battlefront lol Twisted Evil

back to school combined with the crashes suck but this game will always have new players and a cult following as long as we all are still waiting for swbf3 to come out lol if ever lol
we just need a great server with no crashes and the rest will be fine! watch in like 2-3 weeks all the school kids will be sick of school and homework and will find time to play! and all the veterans that love this game arent going anywhere even aurorus is back he got a new ps2 just for this game lol

Last edited by GRIZZ on Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:07 pm

if u dont mind changeing it again i do think thats best or at least hope so lol might as well just go ahead and throw this in here lol thanks 4 the awesum server sho! May it live long and prosper lol (i couldnt resist the last part lol)
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:17 am

well generally speaking, west coast servers suck. I dont know if its because most of the population in the country lives in the eastern half, or maybe California just sucks Razz . And for some reason, all the official servers are located in California I believe Sad . Not cool.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:40 pm

yeah im not impressed with california for the servers and tons of other stuff except there acceptance of mary jane hehe pimp
well the server started in chicago moved to seattle because shonuff wanted a good ping lol seattle f*cked us over with that ip b*llsh*t then to sanjose which aperently has a crashing problem you should consider some place the middle of the country the majority of players that play are from east of the rockies and some east coast players have bad ping lol put it back in chicago where it started lol pretty much the center of north america hehe

Last edited by GRIZZ on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:07 pm

First off, please don't shut the server down Sho! If that happens the game will be ruined for me. I don't like .com's modded fast rockets and super grunts. This is the only true server left, with no glitches and unbalanced class mods.
How much are you paying for the server anyway? This is a good cause and I hope people are donating. I don't really think you should move the server because I doubt it will help the crashes. I live in Boston and I never really had bad lag during the times of the Seattle server, and the San Jose one was fine here too. The only time the lag is bad (meaning the network connection symbol pops up in the corner) is right before a crash. I don't understand why they happen but I don't think moving the server will help very much, although if it is moved I suggest that it should be in the middle of the U.S., to make it more fair for the people on both coasts.
I also don't believe in the LOSERS who claim they are crashing servers to kill the game, total bullshit. The game may seem dead now but it will never die (until SWBF3 comes out at least). I just moved into my dorm this month and I recently got my PS2 working online here. This game will never die as long as I'm alive and have my PS2! I'll be here FOREVER like I always have been, and the fake-ass "hackers" won't ever get me off this game no matter what they claim they're doing to the servers!

KEEP THE ARENA ALIVE!
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:57 pm

who is the wise azz that voted leave the server alone and crashing you suck there goes the unanimous vote lol
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:50 pm

Q= (Xa - Xb)/R this is a Q-test used in my chem lab to c if a point doesnt match the rest of th data lol we could mathmatically get rid of that 1 vote XD lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:15 pm

GRIZZ wrote:
who is the wise azz that voted leave the server alone and crashing you suck there goes the unanimous vote lol

Wasn't I. (Perhaps someone from .COM?)
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:52 am

well i think a .com player will vote for the last one, if at all. But i said to change the location.
Back to top Go down
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
vergamaton

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Mike wrote:
First off, please don't shut the server down Sho! If that happens the game will be ruined for me. I don't like .com's modded fast rockets and super grunts. This is the only true server left, with no glitches and unbalanced class mods.

If u dont use the modded chars, you improve ur skills...and u die more, but its ok, i hate the fking mods too, but i cant do anything. I hope this server doesnt dies, i dont play here very often, but i know what it feels to see your favorite server die. It really hurts, and it makes u want to stop playing...i wish this doesnt happens to arena...honestly!

My best wishes guys!
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:42 pm

Change the IP, that might fix the crashes.
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:41 am

Move the server and reset the stats. Its been dead anyway and we need a steady place to play without glitchers. Nobody seems to care about stats it seems anyways.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:02 am

Cool, I'm glad we got you guys that want the server to keep going. clap jazzhands
I'll keep the Arena alive dammit! headwall
roflmao

I just sent the support ticket to move the server to Chicago. cheers

It's usually taken a few hours for them to get to it and then even longer to get it moved/installed.
But AoWC is a worldwide biz that runs 24/7. So, it should be ready to go in the morning.
When I get up, I'll set up everything and post the good news!

Oh yeah....

Heroes will unlock at 40 kills.
Specials/Reconers will be default for 1st week or so to get the new server going.
But after it's back to normal activity again, I'll mod it to be:
Reconers unlock at 24 (3 times default)
Specials unlock at 36 (3 times default)
Peanut Butter Jelly
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:04 am

Good! Im really glad the heros are going back to 40 kills too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Should We Do With The Arena?   What Should We Do With The Arena? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1