The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Special Classes Unlock at ...

Go down 
+17
A Actual Retard
rick100
AURORUS
boone532
Mandalore
darthwiley
Bouncer
NBAC
OpTicBlaze
{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON
ACE
GRIZZ
Axe
{DSB}Mewtwo
PyroJockey
VASH
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How many Points do you want the Special Classes unlocking at?
Recons: 8 & Specials: 12 (default)
Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 6 ]
Recons: 15 & Specials: 25
Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Recons: 20 & Specials: 35
Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Recons: 25 & Specials: 50
Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Recons: 30 & Specials: 60
Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Recons: 40 & Specials: 80
Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Recons: 50 & Specials: 100
Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap37%Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:10 pm

But when it comes tot he rebels can we make the wookiee unlocked before the bonthan? I think recons (including the wookiee) should be unlocked at 40 points and specials (Jet Troopers Droidikas Dark Troopers and Bonthans) at 60 points.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:38 pm

lol the wookie is a reconer! and would be unlocked before the bothan.

Last edited by GRIZZ on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:55 am

The higher the better. The way it is now, some board force you into playing specials to deal with the other teams specials. I think it will help us all get better with standard classes as wel.

Axe mentioned way back though, what is the point of a poll if nothing is going to change? Still no timer on the arena, still no raised value or disabling of hero and when we wanted the total for specials raised, it was switched back.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 4:23 am

Nothing is gonna change because certain people LOVE recon/special whoring too much. If it were up to me, I'd ELMINATE ALL SPECIALS. Let people learn to play WITHOUT a crutch.
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:37 pm

I agree with mando. 50 and 100 are to high. Yeah, make the game a challenge but keep it fun too.
Back to top Go down
A Actual Retard
Grunt
Grunt
A Actual Retard

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:04 pm

i agree with grizz raher then seeing specials all over right away not knowing who is good or not takes like 2 mins to get 12 points or just walk around and randomly do something

this way is much more fun and i like to earn them not have to put no effert into it and have them along with all the other noobs afro
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:22 pm

999 points for each...

Or just 30/50 (maybe 40/60). Either way this needs to happen.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:40 pm

ive stated my opinions already so ill just skip to the new stuff lol yup there a pain not much is more anoyin then gettin zapped by sum darky noob or bothan'd so on and so forth..however its how the developers made it.
there supposed to b hard they r there to make u think, if specials wasnt there think how much eaiser it would b to play, and maybe its just me but i want a challenge not 4 it to get easier lol
and specials help too
reconers give award pistols and think how good u feel when ur on a roll takin down one special after another lol (i kno it seems weird for me to defend a special when i dont use them much myself lol)
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:46 pm

thumbs up nice vash i agree its part of the game! and i still think a higher modest score to unlock is needed! me and sho thought about this and its true if you have the unlock to high all the better players have access to specials, and the weaker players that need them to compete have a hard time unlocking them its makes the matches to uneven. with a higher unlock but not to high makes it earned and a reasonable goal for the weaker players and keeps them from showing up in the first couple min of a map!
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:27 am

VASH wrote:

there supposed to b hard they r there to make u think, if specials wasnt there think how much eaiser it would b to play, and maybe its just me but i want a challenge not 4 it to get easier lol
and specials help too

The existence of specials arent the problem. Its their abuse thats lame which is the whole point of raising the points needed.
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:32 pm

AURORUS wrote:
VASH wrote:

and specials help too

The existence of specials arent the problem. Its their abuse thats lame which is the whole point of raising the points needed.

I agree. Its like pickup basketball. There is a certain etiquette to the game. Its well within the rules to play them when open but to obsess over them is annoying. When I find myself playing them too much I stop. Plus I like switching up classes anyway. Someone mentioned before that the CIS is the only team that has fair specials. The board I have been hating the most is Mustafar with all of the stupid jet troopers standing around near the base waiting on people. I do everything I can to kill them and never play on the Republic side because of how people tend to play on that board. On Mos Eisley GCW, you almost have to play as specials because the other team will be full of bothans or dark troopers. So if you see me playing specials on Mos Eisley, thats why. Raising the total shoud help and the same with the hero. Once they are unlocked, you have to totally change how you play.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:08 am

Rolling Eyes I use the specials once in a while when I'm doing piss-poor with a regular class and I can't find my aim. Who cares?
Sh*t, I'm trying to have fun, same as other noobs. Not use some "skill" to get rep from guys on the interwebs.
blabla

And I'll use 'em too if right as I join there's specials and recons all over the place already. Doesn't matter how long it took to unlock specials, everyone has them if you join in the middle of the battle. So, a player needs to be able to unlock them as soon as possible to even the playing field. Or they leave the server for that map....

So after thinking about it, I don't think raising the points for specials will be all that useful.
It will only make it so the really good players get to hoard the specials the better part of a map.

Instead.... I'm thinking about modding the specials so they kinda suck. grn-lol

1. Make all jet packs last half as long. And recharge slower!

2. Make the darky arc-blaster do no damage so it's basically just a stun gun.

3. Jetties EMP blaster isn't able to lock-on to enemies. Only vehicles like the Heavy's. Or no lock-on.

4. Droideka's shield lasts less time/damage. Maybe slower when they go from ball to standing.

5. Bothan recharge slower (less time invisible). Energy would even go down with Energy Regeneration award.

6. And the recons would take a full second longer to explode. Making them all but useless.

From looking at the values in the ODFs it looks like those things can be modded. I think Pyro has done most of those. But in the other direction!

What do ya say? Would you rather have a noob spawning in as a useless darkie?
Or them not spawning in at all cuzz they can't figure out why they can't use a special even though they have 12 points?
roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:17 am

Sho,

You made some good points. When I am off, I like to use the specials to get my mojo going as well. I dont want the dark trooper to lose his blaster though as it would make him useless. Maybe there is something else you can change on him. There are certain boards when its annoying with dark troopers flying all over the place, but it is part of the game. When people are all playing specials, I will play specials back.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:27 am

lol! Shonuff you crack me up! roflmao

I agree leave the specials alone there part of the game!
Back to top Go down
A Actual Retard
Grunt
Grunt
A Actual Retard

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:54 am

well glitching is part of the game as well in a way its like a cheatcode

and all that to the special classes...might as well turn them off all together recons could still be used and jettroopers and bothans u dont even need invisablility with bothans anyway skitty dont use it that much he just runs up and kills people right in their face so that dosnt matter

im beginning to not care lol it wont matter what u do cheap stupid morons will still do the same things the only benefit to only having good players getting specials faster is then the noobs cant waste them and teh good players can end the map a bit faster

but again with most of those mods it would make there no point in having them there in the first place im pretty sure u should be able to lessen the damage thigns do idk yet ill have to go check the files and crap and see if u can and still have it work but i give up i dont care do whatever u want like u wouldnt anyway but ya i need a nap shifty Sleep
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:11 am

Sho, I love those ideas. Doing that would mean it would actually take some skill to use classes like the darktrooper. A stun gun actually evens out the darktrooper quiet a bit I'd love to see someone shocking me over and over wondering why its not doing in damage.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:46 am

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:

From looking at the values in the ODFs it looks like those things can be modded. I think Pyro has done most of those. But in the other direction!

That's just about right. I never modded the arc caster though, that thing is nasty enough as is, but it can be done.

Keep in mind it is possible to mod classes on a map per map basis. I did that for my Mandalorians vs Jedi mod. Jango Fett and Obi-Wan have modded properties unique to Kamino Clone Wars conquest. That way they play normal (normal for the glitching server that is) on the rest of the maps.

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
What do ya say? Would you rather have a noob spawning in as a useless darkie?
Or them not spawning in at all cuzz they can't figure out why they can't use a special even though they have 12 points?

That's what I ran into when I first started playing SWBFII. I would search for a server with a high player count and then join. The first Important lesson I learned was how to tell the difference between a team damage on and off server. Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately there was no way of identifying a server modded with higher points for specials. The class selection screen would taunt me with how many points are still needed to unlock a class. Then after reaching that goal the special would not spawn. No explanation, no way of knowing more points were required. My thoughts were WTF, then would leave and join another server.

@Retard,

I can see why you're so tired, you don't use punctuation. Sleep
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:00 pm

rotflol haha nice pyro lol my lol is my punctuation lol anyway u guys remember on kamino campaign and the clones vs clones? well the enemy clones had diff weapons like i think if i remember off the top of my head their jet trooper and a rifle instead of emp right? so y not just switch out sum specials with those weapons? im thinkin it possible because of campaign but i gots no real conclusive evidence lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:23 pm

VASH wrote:
so y not just switch out sum specials with those weapons? im thinkin it possible because of campaign but i gots no real conclusive evidence lol

I don't know if it's possible. Every attempt I've made to switch a weapon will freeze the PS2/PS3 console when that weapon is selected. If it is the default weapon for that class the console will freeze when the class spawns. The problem is that the game downloads some properties from the server while others come from your SWBF2 disk. My basic observation is that anything graphic related, textures, colors, lighting, animations, etc… come from the disk. Mostly numerical values come from the server. If you assign a weapon to a class in a map and there is no animation to support it, that may create a conflict.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:57 pm

shonuff, I love all of your suggestions, except I would add the removal of the explosive capability from recons and let people use them for what theyre named for: RECONNAISSANCE. I love dreaming lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Just some food for thought, an option I've been considering to curb recon "spamming" is to mod the destruct explosion to affect the ammo droids. This will do 2 things. First it will allow you to destroy reconner's ammo droid with your recon droid. Second if the reconner tries to "point blank" with their recon droid they will also destroy their own ammo droid. (This also applies to a misfire when a reconner gets a little trigger happy).
Back to top Go down
A Actual Retard
Grunt
Grunt
A Actual Retard

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:58 pm

psh im a retard why would i use punctuation u silly person

at this point i would rather just have specials off completely

i dont really use them that much unless i need it to catch a flag real fast or something or unless im lazy and want easy kills

but someone that sounds interesting idk if it has any meaning or not but why not try to put marine from assualt space maps and the pilots that would be fun
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:36 am

Boost the reconers up to 50-75 so people cant run and be little bitches after 4 kills. People that are good dont sit back and recon the entire board. They may do it for a bit then get back on the front line.
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:07 pm

sho great idea weakening the specials!!!! i think u should do it!!!
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:16 am

i think we need to raise the specials points unlock a lttle higher for sure. with the timer to high dont work but a reasonble total like 20-30 might work ill talk to bossplayer and see whats up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special Classes Unlock at ...   Special Classes Unlock at ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special Classes Unlock at ...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next