The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Work up classes!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
boone532
Grunt
Grunt
boone532

Work up classes! Empty
PostSubject: Work up classes!   Work up classes! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:24 pm

I posted this somewhere else but thought I would post here as a topic since I got some support. This is only an idea and comments and such are accepted.

How about everyone starts out with only the grunt unlocked? Then unlock more and more by points like:

grunt=FREE!
sniper= 5 points
engineer= 10 points
demolition= 12 points
recon= 50 points
special= 75-100 points
hero= 50 KILLS

I think this would be tons of fun!! Rock On! Rock On! Rock On!
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Work up classes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work up classes!   Work up classes! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:21 am

personally i love this idea and think itd b b great myself however it would b btr on a diff server other then arena cuz i just dont seein bein very popular x.x
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Work up classes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work up classes!   Work up classes! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:42 am

I agree with VASH in that for a public server it would be unpopular. I would envision this mainly for organized competitions such as clan battles where people play from start to finish. For a general server where people come and go mid-game, incoming grunts forced to face off with specials may turn around and leave or spectate till the next map rather than try to fight their way up the classes.

While I like the concept and think it has merit, unfortunately there is no provision in the PS2 version to lock the sniper, rocketeer and engineer classes. To the best of my knowledge it can't be done.
Back to top Go down
boone532
Grunt
Grunt
boone532

Work up classes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work up classes!   Work up classes! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 3:33 pm

VASH wrote:
personally i love this idea and think itd b b great myself however it would b btr on a diff server other then arena cuz i just dont seein bein very popular x.x

Yes, a different server would probably be best.

PyroJockey wrote:
While I like the concept and think it has merit, unfortunately there is no provision in the PS2 version to lock the sniper, rocketeer and engineer classes. To the best of my knowledge it can't be done.

Well maybe someone could try hacking into there game. I don't really know the limits of this game as I'm not good with some technology.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Work up classes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work up classes!   Work up classes! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:25 pm

boone532 wrote:
Well maybe someone could try hacking into there game. I don't really know the limits of this game as I'm not good with some technology.

Hacking the PS2 game isn't worth the time and effort. If you were successful you would need to distribute the hacked version of the game to all the players. Not only is this a lot of work, it is also illegal.

If you want that level of modification, switch to the PC version which can be more easily modded, has a set of mod tools and is legal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Work up classes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work up classes!   Work up classes! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Work up classes!
Page 1 of 1