The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Miner Wars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Miner Wars Empty
PostSubject: Miner Wars   Miner Wars Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:46 am

I am a HUGE fan of 6 degree of freedom (6DOF) shooters with the Descent series as my all time favorite and we still play it on line after 15 years. There haven't been any new 6DOF games of note developed over the last decade, but for over a year now we've been watching the development of a new game called Miner Wars. Miner Wars is a 6DOF underground and space shooter played in a fully destructible environment. It is a combination of single player story game and MMO.

I know not everyone is into space shooters Mad (obvious by the lack of enthusiasm for space maps in SWBFII) but if you are, you should check out Miner Wars. If you like what you see, they just released a pre-alpha version for purchase for 70% off. This version is far from finished, but if purchased now at 70% off you automatically get the updates all the way to the full release. I've bought mine last Saturday (for about $14) and have been spending some quality time blowing stuff up. In that time I received 3 updates and have noticed additional features being added.

This initial release is for the PC version only. An Xbox version is to be released later.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Miner Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miner Wars   Miner Wars Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:39 pm

no!!! i gots a ps3 not an xbx! lol o well good thing my roommate has 1! sweet i wanna definetly get this lol
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

Miner Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miner Wars   Miner Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:15 pm

I haven't heard of that new game, but I loveeee descent, and I think there was a rumor that a new Descent game was coming out for the Wii...
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Miner Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miner Wars   Miner Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:34 pm

It's more than a rumor. There was a press release from Interplay on April 14th that Descent will be released for the Wii this fall. There is very little information about what this release includes but from the description it sounds like a port of the original Descent to the Wii, similar to what they did for the PS2 version.

It is stated that to the Wii version will take full advantage of the Wii-mote for 6 axis control. No word if they will enhance the graphics like they did in the DXX-Rebirth or D2X-XL ports or if it will include multiplayer.

I do have a Wii, and it is fall.....so WHERE'S MY #$%^ DESCENT?!? Miner Wars 680625
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Miner Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miner Wars   Miner Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miner Wars
Page 1 of 1