The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Glitchers caught!

Go down 
+20
{MILL}Dark Tyrant
NBAC
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
Axe
KillaK
ACE
PyroJockey
VASH
Bouncer
JJ'
slayer
Kingkong
{DSB}Mewtwo
dx
{Apoc}Hugh
darthwiley
{Apoc}RedLeader
MrNoob
GRIZZ
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:55 am

I caught [BLK]Vhozon getting up in the ceiling on Death Star with a jet trooper. I also saw some guy as a dark trooper fly out of the map on Tantive, but I couldn't catch his name. Mad
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:07 pm

When you say they got up into the ceiling, do you mean they were in the wall? If they legally got to some crazy location and it is still possible for them to get killed, then I would not consider that a glitch.

How do you guys feel about the dark troopers on top of the Rebel transport on Hoth? To me, I consider it a map exploit because you can’t kill them on top of there. I wouldn’t ban anyone for that, but would boot them if they are staying there shooting their pistol all day. So in summary, this is how I see it.

Can you get killed in your current location?

Yes- Not a glitch.
No- Glitch and immediately remove yourself from the situation.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:10 pm

i go between the transports i came up with it XD lol and we can still get killed there easily if u kno what ur doin lol
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:18 pm

You can still get the Darkies ontop of the transports. Whenver I spawn in on the Rebels, I look for snipers on the mountain and darkies on the transports. Those are good sniper kills.

But you have to zoom-in as much as you can and you just barely see the top of their head. Can't even see their name from that far out.
I remember when I plugged a dark trooper this one time, I was talking (yelling) smack, "Yeah! Take that you stupid darky!" Then I saw who I killed pop up on the screen....
Sho'Nuff killed Chills

I was like "Oh dang. Sorry, Chills. That was you?" Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:39 pm

When I used to get up on the transports, I still got killed plenty of times. I'd randomly fall through at times also. No

Also, what of the whole switch-to-a-droideka-and-get-full-health-and ammo thing?
darthwiley wrote:
When you say they got up into the ceiling, do you mean they were in the wall? If they legally got to some crazy location and it is still possible for them to get killed, then I would not consider that a glitch.
I don't know if he could be killed, because he killed me first... Sad It was only a one-time thing though.
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:59 pm

I hate the dark troopers on top of the transport! I zoomed in point blank and didn’t get kills so I just left them alone. For the most part, they are a minor annoyance and out of position, so its dumb to hang out on top of there.

I don’t consider switching to a droideka and back to get full health and ammo a glitch. I never even knew about that…now I will try it! I’m sure Ace knew about it because he is Mr. CIS!
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:20 pm

Yeah, I hope that's not considered cheating cuzz I do it all the time. That's pretty much the only use for a droideka!
I read somewhere that it "means" you're a noob if you change into an Engie and refill health and ammo then switch back.
Whatever. I guess I'm a noob then! Laughing

Bouncer wrote:
{Mill}Ghost on Deathstar, using a Droideka to get in the walls.
Last edited by Bouncer on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oh God, I betrayed my own clan Razz)
lol!

No one glitches in Apocalypse.... hint, hint innocent
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:53 pm

darthwiley wrote:

How do you guys feel about the dark troopers on top of the Rebel transport on Hoth? To me, I consider it a map exploit because you can’t kill them on top of there. I wouldn’t ban anyone for that, but would boot them if they are staying there shooting their pistol all day. So in summary, this is how I see it.

Can you get killed in your current location?

Yes- Not a glitch.
No- Glitch and immediately remove yourself from the situation.

Definitely not a map exploit, (not a good tactical position either).

Map exploits are when a player takes advantage of a flaw in the geometry which allows them to pass into areas not intended for players. Sometimes the surrounding textures and barriers are one sided allowing players to fire back into the map while players inside cannot return fire.

There are also "glitches" that are not map exploits. Some are ambiguous, such as being able to throw a detpak like a grenade or the infamous "detpak glitch" (yes it does exist, I've done it) where you can throw it across the map. The detpack was probably never intended for this but I never saw it in writing, so I would consider it fair game.

There are also glitches that are clearly defined by the game publishers as things you cannot do, such as a Jet Trooper flying with a flag or being able to pick up a flag while still inside an Alliance AAC-1. To try to ban people for these would controversial to say the least.

I think you should stick to banning for the clearly defined map exploits.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:19 pm

dude i fly with the flag all the time it just takes practice i did it twice in just this 2min clip hehe.

on your server pyro i fly the flag all they way back on stages like kashyyk love that infinite jet pack.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:41 pm

GRIZZ wrote:
dude i fly with the flag all the time it just takes practice.

It is an aquired skill, like throwing a detpack.

GRIZZ wrote:
on your server pyro i fly the flag all they way back on stages like kashyyk love that infinite jet pack.

It is sweet. Watch out for that tri-shot! omg
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 pm

to me flying with the flags a glitch confused
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:17 am

flying with the flag is a skill! not a glitch! and besides it only last a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:33 am

Pyro,

Nobody would get banned for any of the stuff you mentioned. Getting inside of a wall is what gets people banned 99% of the time.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:53 am

darthwiley wrote:
Pyro,

Nobody would get banned for any of the stuff you mentioned. Getting inside of a wall is what gets people banned 99% of the time.

I agree, not implying they should be. I was attempting to answer your question:

darthwiley wrote:
How do you guys feel about the dark troopers on top of the Rebel transport on Hoth?

In short, I feel that dark troopers on top of the Rebel transport are as legitimate as the other examples I've given and they should not be booted for it.

Sniped, yes, booted, no.
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:47 am

{JSA}z7evan7z{JSA} was repeatedly using a jet trooper on Death Star to get out of the map. I still managed to own him though. king

TheMightyIgor might have also glitched once, but I'm not positive.
Back to top Go down
dx
Grunt
Grunt
dx

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:20 pm

epic fal was glicing saw him do it
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

dx wrote:
epic fal was glicing saw him do it

OMG! omg I thought glicing was allowed. I gliced before and nobody told me. You mean I can't glice in the Arena? DARN! Everyone will think I'm a glicer. Why am I always the last to know?! tirade

sorry....couldn't resist. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:29 pm

If u follow baseball at all, you might know there are "unwritten rules" that the players are expected to abide to. Some of the things u guys mentioned are kind of like the "unwritten rules" for the respectable players of Battlefront.

Yea the detpack glitch is fun, but i would only do that if u are in a locked server and just fooling around. The droideka thing is fine unless u do it when u are fighting someone. A lot of people change to an engy to give yourself health, just not until after they finished fighting off the enemy. If your a jedi, dont be pushing around your own teammates cause u are pissed off. etc.....
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Killak is right. There is a certain way the game should be played. If I see someone push someone off the edge on purpose as a Jedi, I will boot them for that because it is team killing. I know sometimes it happens on accident..but doing it on purpose will get you booted.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:22 pm

I had to boot someone last night on the deathstar for force pushing teammates. you dont go force pushing anyone off but this noob did it to me, bad choice lol he comes back in and i put him on the empire so he had no force push plus i got to kill him like 50 times hehe.

Last edited by GRIZZ on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:26 pm

That is funny as hell Grizz. That Roxas guy was running around following me and shooting at me and blowing up the ammo droid I was using about a week or so ago. Then I stood there as I got my computer to boot that fool. He was shooting me with his pistol, then "poof" he was kicked out of the arena! I wonder what was going through his mind right before he got the boot! He has been banned multipe times for different reasons so he must be changing his IP address. I move that we add his name to the permanent ban list.
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:09 pm

God I hate to be such a traitor No , but I saw {MIL*FETS}ELITE_UNIT get in the empire's base wall on Death Star and shoot at the rebel base.

I also saw {Milleneum}Assassin [I didn't grab the exact way he has his name] attempt to do the same as Elite_Unit. Whether or not he succeded, I don't know. scratch

If only we could ADD death zones to places where people glitch. Razz
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 pm

that might be possible......
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:58 am

Bouncer wrote:
God I hate to be such a traitor No , but I saw {MIL*FETS}ELITE_UNIT get in the empire's base wall on Death Star and shoot at the rebel base.

I also saw {Milleneum}Assassin [I didn't grab the exact way he has his name] attempt to do the same as Elite_Unit. Whether or not he succeded, I don't know. scratch

If only we could ADD death zones to places where people glitch. Razz
lol i seen them glitch like a week ago they where on my buddy list then right after i erased them.
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:38 pm

god damn it...he is milleneum first than FETS lol.....u guys know we dont do that s#*%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glitchers caught!   Glitchers caught! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glitchers caught!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: Glitchers-
Jump to: