The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

BossPlayer's top games of all-time

Go down 
+2
GRIZZ
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

BossPlayer's top games of all-time Empty
PostSubject: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:43 pm

I copied the code from Grizz's list. We agree on a few games....

Platform games:
  • Super Mario Bros. 1-3
  • Metroid - Super Metroid was best!

Fighting games:
  • Street Fighter II
  • Mortal Kombat 1-3
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken

RTS games:
  • Age of Empires II - oh, how many hundreds of hours I wasted on this one...
  • StarCraft
  • WarCraft II

Sports games:
  • Madden - King of NFL from old school Sega to now!
  • NBA Live
  • NBA Street
  • NBA Jam (he's on fire!)
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-4

RPG games:
  • Gladius - not really into D&D games. Gladius is more of a turn-based strategy.

Simulation games:
  • Sim City 3000

Driving / Racing: - I drive enough in real life!
  • Super Sprint - cheasy 2-D racing using drifting before there was "drifting"
  • Road Rash - cheasy motorcycle racing with weapons!
  • Road Kill - think Twisted Metal, but with missions. I love the phony Rush on the radio: "let them die, keep me dry!"

War games:
  • Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike - I thought this was the best Star Wars game till I played SWBF1!

Third person shooters: - no FPS games. I hate first person!
  • Star Wars Battlefront 1-2
  • Conflict: Desert Storm - this game Rocks! 3rd person shooter like SOCOM
  • Conflict: Desert Storm II - Back to Baghdad - this game really kicks butt!
  • SOCOM

Virtual environment games:
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - 80's baby! This is the only one I really liked.
  • Saints Row 2 - pretty much the only game I play on my Xbox 360.
  • Scarface - 80's baby! Just like Vice City except that you're Tony Montana with Pacino doing the voice!!
  • Warriors - 70's baby! If you liked the movie, you'll love this game!

OLD Atari-style games:
  • Dig-Dug
  • Tron - I downloaded these 2 games to my Xbox 360 and still love 'em!

Last edited by {Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:06 pm

good list maybe i should make mine bigger lol there are so many awesome games. I love metroid, and nba live was great until they changed the game play, killer instinct rocked sabre wolf rules! socom and desert storm are sweet to. and atari games omg how far we have come can you imagine if we had a ps3 and online games 30 years ago these kids today got it made they are starting out in gaming heaven right out of the gate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:28 pm

lol dig dug is my 1st game i can remember playing haha
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:28 pm

dig dug is a fun and weird game for me Suspect
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:11 pm

{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:
dig dug is a fun and weird game for me Suspect

Yeah, kinda twisted when you think about it. You jab a hose into the monsters and inflate 'em till they explode!
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:03 pm

was NBA Jam the game where it was a 2v2 and u basically couldnt miss with Reggie Miller. And u could put a code in while the game was loading. I think that was Kobe's rookie year.....that game was awesome man. We played that s#*% in college a ton. and mixed with alcohol, that game gets intense!!! So does Mario Tennis or whatever it was called. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:24 pm

my cousin has nba jam but we both stink at it so we watch my uncle(his dad obviously)pwn people on it
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Yeah, it was 2-on-2 but you had like 4 guys to choose from on each team. And their heads were way too big! hehe
I can't remember if Kobe was in the one that I played. I seem to remember Vlade Divac still being one of the Lakers.
Shaq and Penny on the Magic. Kemp and Payton on the Sonics. Pippen and Ho Grant on the Bulls (no Jordan). Larry Johnson and 'Zo Mourning on the Hornets. Ewing and Starks on the Knicks. Man, the good ole days....

That game was the best! Dunking from the 3-point line. Jump from half-court and still block a shot at the rim! haha
I ran sh*t with this game! I'd even bust out the T-Wolves once in awhile to try to give the other guy a chance. Christian Laettner and Tony Campbell....
lol!

NBA Street kinda took over that cartoonish B-Ball genre. But they screwed it up with NBA Street Homecourt. Why do games feel the need to change the button scheme?! damn tweakers. Put down the pipe! roflmao
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:16 pm

i used pipen and grant all the time and kobe was in it and you forgot the spurs david robinson and sean elliot i used them tons also. and i think the game right after that was nba hangtime. you could get your players to look like aliens and stuff lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:00 pm

SOCOM ftw! The PSP ones are awesome. king
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:33 pm

forgot about Tony Hawk Pro Skater!
I'm from Cali so of course I like skateboarding. Too big and clumsy to be good at it in real life, but I rocked this video game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BossPlayer's top games of all-time   BossPlayer's top games of all-time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BossPlayer's top games of all-time
Page 1 of 1