The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!

Go down 
+5
ACE
PyroJockey
VASH
{DSB}Mewtwo
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Empty
PostSubject: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Hey, we figured out how to unlock the doors to the tunnel on Death Star - Capture The Flag!
Well, actually it was Hugh the Pimp. pimp
:greenie:

The doors are now open for the Clone Wars version of Death Star CTF!! Peanut Butter Jelly

The old school Rebels vs. Empire will still be regular Death Star CTF though.... The doors will be locked, there'll be lots of recon droids, Rebels spawn-camping, and the match will last 3 to 4 hours!
DS-explode roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:19 pm

i wished i read that sooner.i was on there trying to get through the tunnel on the rebels vs. empire,looking like a total idiot wacko
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:25 pm

hahahaha dont feel bad i did the same thing lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:26 am

Last time I played in that MOD, both sides were so preoccupied fiercely fighting for the tunnel they were totally oblivious to the engineer (me) casually walking behind them and scoring goals. Classic.

Sho’Nuff, would you be willing to share the secret for unlocking doors?
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:18 pm

i did that once but on the last flag point that we needed so we can win,there was a sniper in the back corner of the bottom republic's command post,and he got a headshot on me Sniper
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:45 pm

PyroJockey wrote:

Sho’Nuff, would you be willing to share the secret for unlocking doors?

Do you know how to edit the .lvl files in a hex editor?
You will have to edit the main mission.lvl file.
Search for dea1c_1flag (that's the Clone Wars version of Death Star-CTF)
Once you find that code in the file, scroll down a lil' until you see "IsLocked" (without the quotes)
Just change that to UnLocked
dea1g_1flag is the Rebels vs. Empire

Have fun. You can thank Hugh for that one! pimp
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Thank you Sho’Nuff and thank you Hugh.

I do HEX edit .lvl files but mostly for the sides and maps. I use the ODF files from the PC MOD tool as a guide for the sides and a lot of inferring for the maps, but haven’t found a lot of info on editing the mission file. What information I have found for the mission files was on this site. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Sweet. That's why I put those links up there. I'd prefer it if more people knew how to mod rather than less.

So, what kind of stuff have you done with the sides?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 pm

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
So, what kind of stuff have you done with the sides?

I primarily make subtitle changes that the players won’t immediately notice but will “discover” during gameplay (I love watching those “WTF” moments when they find one). omg

Basically I am trying to give each class something “extra”, but still want to keep the sides balanced

Some of the mod’s I’ve done so far:

I waterproofed the drodekas so they can go swimming on Naboo (they can’t bob for air like all the other classes)

Infinite jetpack for jet troopers, dark troopers and the 2 Fett’s.

Added a limited hover ability to the dark troopers. Technically they didn’t have a hover property like the jet troopers so I played with the thrust until it was almost equal to gravity. Originally I gave them a higher acceleration but they dominated the map. They could span the largest map in seconds, difficult to beat in conquest. I tuned that back. scratch

Allow snipers to place multiple autoturrets (but I only let them carry 1 at a time).

Allow rocket troops to place more than 4 mines (but I only let them carry 4 at a time).

Gave the super battle droids a hellish rapid fire trishot (to shoot down those pesky jet troopers). I’ve had to tune them back twice already. Initially they would dominate the game, the Republic didn’t have a chance. Now they really are "Super" battle driods.

Increased the rate of fire and maximum ammunition for the Rebel rifleman. The ammo count maxes out at 300 but there is more (needed to shoot down all those hovering dark troopers). For some reason the rifle of the Rebel trooper is less powerful that the rifle of an Imperial trooper even though they have a common base weapon.

jocolor Just for fun I added some outlandish mod’s to all the mechanical walkers on Geonosis and Hoth. I increased their speed by a factor of 4. It used to be the Rebels dominated Hoth because of air superiority, not anymore. Perhaps it’s a little too much. I’m thinking of tuning them back to a factor of 2 but increasing their max pitch angle to take steeper inclines, especially on Geonosis.

I also removed some of the boundaries on some maps. You still get the “Leaving the battlefield” warning, but don’t die. They just have to figure out which maps. Laughing
I will say this, now you can have a really wild speeder bike BMX rally across the back hills of Kashyyyk.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:44 pm

note to self .. CHECK OUT PYROS SERVER! lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:54 pm

VASH wrote:
note to self .. CHECK OUT PYROS SERVER! lol

Unfortunately I had to take my main server down, that’s the one on GameTracker. The game would crash frequently or it would disconnect everybody and keep playing on its own (damn AI's).

Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! B_560x95

I currently have one of my R&D machines at home acting as the server. For some reason GameTracker doesn’t like the IP of my DSL provider so I can’t get that server on the GameTracker. It does show up on the PS2 join game list and you are welcome to try it.

Before anybody jumps all over me let me make one thing crystal clear, I do not glitch nor endorse glitching on any server where glitching is prohibited. However glitching is not prohibited but endorsed in mine. Surprisingly most of the players do not glitch when they come to my server. Must be reverse psychology or I guess they just come for the mod’s.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:45 pm

lol!
So, you're the one with the Official Glitching server! I was wondering who was running that one.
I thought it was just a rip on the Official Server cuzz it's mostly glitchers. hehe

Dang, you have done a lot with the sides. Messing with the geometry too. I keep meaing to start with modding the sides, but I always get sidetracked or just want to go play! Sinister

I'll have to play on your server this weekend and check out those mods. Nice work, man!
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:04 pm

R&D reasearch and development? cool!! what do u research and or develop lol if u dont mind me asking lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:19 pm

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
So, you're the one with the Official Glitching server! I was wondering who was running that one.
I thought it was just a rip on the Official Server cuzz it's mostly glitchers.

Yeah, It's mine. I got the name from a post I read on the .COM forum referring to the Official server. I thought if there are so many glitchers out there, why not give them a server to play in? In hindsight I should have called it Official Modded instead. More people come for the mod's than to glitch.

I play SWBFII on both the PC and PS2 versions. While there are hundreds of gorgeous mod's for the PC (and XBOX) version, the people who bought the PS2 version got squat. When I saw how excited people got over Super Hoth I thought I'd give modding the PS2 a try and see how far I can stretch the envelope. I got plans. Smile

VASH wrote:
R&D reasearch and development? cool!! what do u research and or develop lol if u dont mind me asking lol

My current profession is as a CAD/CAM software applications engineer, working primarily with SolidWorks, a 3D mechanical design package. But that's just how I pay the bills and finance my "hobbies". I like to make things that interest me. For example, last year I made the radio from Portal for my kids to take to Otakon as a cosplay prop. Currently I'm working on the Portal gun to go with it.

As for the R&D machine I mentioned, I use it to edit and test my SWBFII mod's. I run it as a dedicated server on my LAN before I install the mod's on the main server on the internet. Right now it's the only server so there are a few raw mod's on there that I may need to tweak. Suspect

Last edited by PyroJockey on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:46 am

dude that is so cool i wish i was tech savy like that lol
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:08 am

Holy ****!! That radio is badass! omg

You got some skillz, man. Once I finally dive into modding the sides and I get stuck on something, I might send you a PM. Sounds and looks like you know what you're doing!
Between you and Hugh, I can tell y'all are gonna figure out some really cool mods for this game!
thumbs up
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:09 pm

i tried to edit the clone trooper and then i played in the map that i changed him in and he was a midget lol
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:05 am

hahahahaha now THAT would b a great april fools day joke!! rotflol
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:48 am

how do u hex edit?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:47 am

ACE wrote:
how do u hex edit?

Sho'Nuff posted some excelent tutorials on modding including a HEX guide.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:30 pm

our land lord set up a crime scene in our drive way!!! he went to the police station to get the caution tape and eveything!! but he used kecthup for blood rotflol i think he coulda found somthin btr for that but all n all it was one of the best pranks ive scene XD lol
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:53 pm

if i were you,then,i would get out of there as fast i can
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:56 pm

hahahha it wasnt scary and my overly curious nature made me look hahah cop cars drove by our house and either they didnt notice or didnt care and im thinkin it the latter lol
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:13 pm

one time this cop had to turn around and so he came down our road and i looked outside,then he started laughing at me(for reasons unknown)and then he left my road but he dropped a $100 dollar bill in the road,and i started laughing because i told the cop that i would get the last laugh because it was like 5:00 in the afternoon and i went outside with my pajamas on and he started laughing again,but when i found the $100 dollar bill i was like,his loss is my gain lol
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:19 pm

yea its fun with the door open...man sho'nuff i wish u were around when baron was playing....he made so many different mods for .com.....u would've had a blast Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!   Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doors Unlocked on Death Star CTF!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next