The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

SWBF3!!

Go down 
+6
drkdragon1017
KillaK
GRIZZ
Parth
Axe
Mike
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:10 am

Hey guys, I created a new thread because I couldn't find the old one with BF3 rumors. Anyways, this is something I randomly found on the FOF clan website.

First off if you go here... http://www.sparkunlimited.com/projects.html
You will see that there is an unannounced project for Spark Unlimited http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spark_Unlimited

If you click on that project, it then shows all of the job opening they have for this project.
http://www.sparkunlimited.com/jobs_currentjobs.html

If you click on one of the openings, like the Senior Multiplayer Designer opening you will be able to read this, "Spark is looking for a senior multiplayer designer for a 3rd Person Action/Adventure title in a high-profile science fiction franchise currently in development for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC markets. The Senior Multiplayer Designer will be responsible for collaborating on multiplayer game system development, designing and building levels, and gameplay balancing and tuning for a third-person action shooter on next generation consoles".
http://www.sparkunlimited.com/jobs_position_designsrMP.html

I also found this under the Desired Skills section for the job: "Level Design, Weapon Tuning, & Balancing experience in a shipped online shooter (1st or 3rd person), preferably with Unreal 3".
http://www.sparkunlimited.com/jobs_position_designsrMP.html

I'M GOING CRAZY RIGHT NOW! This seems exactly like BF3, a 3rd person action/adventure game in a HIGH PROFILE SCIENCE FICTION FRANCHISE. I really cannot think of what other sci-fi franchise would be considered 'high profile' besides Star Wars (maybe Star Trek or Stargate, but I doubt either of those two would be making a 3rd person action/adventure game). The mentions of weapon tuning, balancing, and "1st or 3rd person" make this look like it is almost certainly BF3.

Let's not get too excited though. The fact that they are looking for people to hire means that the game has barely been started, and it could be a long time before it comes out. Too late, I'm still really really excited. Just knowing that it will come out eventually is enough to make me yell in excitement! AHHHHH!!!

This is still just speculation, it could be wrong, and this might turn out to be something else. But this speculation does, at least, have concrete evidence!

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Awesome News! We can use this thread from now on if you guys want to.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:37 am

Wow, I really can't believe no one else posted on this. Did anyone else read it? C'MON THIS IS A BIG DEAL GUYS!
Back to top Go down
Parth
Grunt
Grunt
Parth

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:02 pm

I just got the chance to read this because i've been busy with my classes.
This is good stuff Mike! Maybe we will finally get Battlefront III.
Atleast, let's hope so lol.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm

How the hell has no one else read this yet? I thought this was gonna be a huge topic. C'mon guys its the next game, doesn't anyone else care? There legit evidence here.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:50 pm

there is a release date set for september but i have been waiting 6 years im not getting my hopes up till i know its going to come out for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:04 pm

So, over the last few weeks I’ve been noticing a lot of rumors popping up that something about Battlefront 3 will be in February’s edition of Game Informer magazine. Also, a member in our forums (PANIC98) has posted the following:

“I’ve been told by my reliable source, that info on BF3 will be in a major gaming magazine.”

Now that can’t be confirmed but it does help support the rumors that have been floating around. Another forum member of ours (Joelfigbars) has offered his opinion to help deconstruct what may be happening:

“When PANIC said that his friend said that Battlefront 3 info would be in a “major gaming magazine” I flipped through the Elder Scrolls issue for any teases to whats next month cover story. In an article for the Top 50 games of the year there is a section for top ten dissapointments. At number nine is Lucasarts. The section says this exactly.

Now this is the closet thing I found to a tease of anything in the whole magazine. They always tease their next cover story. Like last issue and a whole article on the History of the elder scrolls or the one before that one which was a whole two page spread of a boat with the words a survivor will rise, which ended up being the Tomb Raider reboot. This month in an article online of “what you guys would like to see in 2011″ Star Wars battlefront 3 came up the most. They have always stated their interest in seeing a new Battlefront.bSo my question is if thats the closest could it mean that the next issue is Battlefront 3. Well we could find out around February

This again, helps raise some hope and I hope that Game Informer comes through for us with some information on Battlefront 3!

If oyu guys want to know where I got this information go to www.battlefront3.net

Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Next month Battlefield 3 gets announced, so thats probably why this rumor came about.
Back to top Go down
Parth
Grunt
Grunt
Parth

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Well, hopefully we'll get some sort of info for Battlefront 3 this February.
If the game comes out this year, they should release it in September because that's when the Star Wars movies are coming out on Blu-Ray.
Of course we want the game to come out sooner then that, but we've waited long enough already.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:22 am

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spark Unlimited's twitter:
"Publisher hasn't stated when or where the announcement will take place. The time and place could be close or far, far away."

They are DEFINITELY making a Star Wars game. I'm 100% sure now.

I don't know if it will be SWBF3, but this could be something too:
"Ah... you assume that our shipped titles comprise all of our experience. You would be mistaken on that front."

"The project has been the best on all fronts. From the best we expect the best. I have no doubt this effort will surpass all"

Fronts? I mean thats a bit a force to make this connection but c'mon, and the first one is obvious.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:28 am

Alright I gotta give this topic another huge bump. This is probably the biggest one yet. Basically, Spark Unlimited unintentionally revealed the publisher of their unannounced game. They did this by tweeting some things that they probably should have just kept to themselves. This video explains everything:

This guy has been covering SWBF3 rumors since the Spark Unlimited rumor originated. After seeing this latest video, all my doubts are gone. The game is coming, its only a matter of time now.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:33 am

hell yeah sweet finally some real evidence
Back to top Go down
drkdragon1017
Rookie
Rookie
drkdragon1017

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Excellent news. I can't wait for it to come out... assuming a tragic incident does not occur.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:31 pm

if this is true and they decide to make the game with these developers the game wouldnt be ready for a few years. but it would be worth the wait if we knew it would come out for sure.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:33 pm

With our luck, "Star Wars Lego Battlefront"
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:14 pm

This does look convincing! Twisted Evil

At first, I thought it was just SWBF2 - the PC version. And someone made some cool mods. But I don't know now that I've really looked closely.

The magnaguards have a cape on and are using that staff-weapon thingy that they had in the actual Revenge of the Sith movie! I don't know if you can mod like that in the PC version of SWBF2.
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Oh... No, Sho, this video isn't about the footage, its about the information being said. Yes, that is just the PC version of the game with some mods. Don't even watch the background footage, he just needed something to talk over. The point was to listen to what he was saying haha. In short, Spark Unlimited, the people rumored to be developing SWBF3, ate with, and then later partied with Lucasarts at some lounge for a "game developer conference".

And yea Pyro that would be awful, but other evidence has shown that the game will use the Unreal Engine. I don't think they would bother using that game engine for a Lego Star Wars game? I could be wrong though. Hopefully it isn't that...
Back to top Go down
drkdragon1017
Rookie
Rookie
drkdragon1017

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:56 pm

In a later tweet by Spark Unlimited, they have said the graphics will be just about as stunning as Gears of War 3, which also uses Unreal Engine 3.

I really hope we arent getting our hopes up too much tho. I believe no matter what it is it will be a good game, just not fully convinced its going to be star wars yet...
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 pm

It is Lost Planet 3, not SWBF3.

http://www.battlefront3.net/2012/04/spark-unlimited-announces-they-are-not-making-battlefront-3/
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Yea, I know. I found that out the other day. It sucks, all of the coincidences were so crazy and misleading. If nothing happens at E3 this year (Lucasarts has a booth and is supposed to be announcing something) then I'm just gonna get a 360 and go for Halo 4. F*#k em.
Back to top Go down
XxB.R.xX
Grunt
Grunt
XxB.R.xX

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Man, so that was a modded pc version? In the real SWBF3 I better be able to sit ontop of a damn space craft with a grunt/marine with my blaster rifle ablazin' while it rides into the chaos or at least let me be Mace Windu while sitting ontop of a space craft with dual light sabers and explosions all around me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SWBF3!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3!!   SWBF3!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWBF3!!
Page 1 of 1