The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

SWBF3

Go down 
+6
boone532
Bouncer
VASH
darthwiley
{DSB}Mewtwo
Axe
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Ok guys so here are the newest rumors about SWBF3.

Well, looks like we are back on the speculation board after Star Wars Celebration V was kind of a let down, with no announcement of our awaited Battlefront 3.

On the other hand, according to a rumor by Kotaku.com, the new President of LucasArts is on a rampage. Yup, that’s right.. apparently there was a Force Unleashed 3 that was already in production and President Paul Meegan ripped the plug out on it. This would probably explain the sudden departure of Haden Blackman.

The interesting part of this rumor report is the fact that there is another unnamed project that is currently “on hold” that was supposed to be released next year… hmmmmm… Battlefront 3 perhaps?
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Axe wrote:
Ok guys so here are the newest rumors about SWBF3.

Well, looks like we are back on the speculation board after Star Wars Celebration V was kind of a let down, with no announcement of our awaited Battlefront 3.

On the other hand, according to a rumor by Kotaku.com, the new President of LucasArts is on a rampage. Yup, that’s right.. apparently there was a Force Unleashed 3 that was already in production and President Paul Meegan ripped the plug out on it.
3?i know they are coming out with the force unleashed 2 but now they are making a 3rd force unleashed instead of battlefront 3? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:33 pm

No the president of LucasArts cancelled Force Unleashed 3. And there is an unnamed project that is being worked on that could be
battlefront 3
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:40 pm

Axe wrote:
No the president of LucasArts cancelled Force Unleashed 3. And there is an unnamed project that is being worked on that could be
battlefront 3
whoops i read it wrong innocent but i hope its battlefront 3 if not i guess i could still play the force unleashed 2 Vader
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:47 am

Force unleashed sucked! Boy was I disappointed!
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:00 am

yeah i gotta agree with wiley with this one lol like i got and played thru it once and it cool and fun but once i beat it i was like dang theres nothin left to do on this game lol i guess i let hype get the best of me with that 1 lol normally i kno btr lol also thats a weak rumor i mean it could b ANYTHING lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:48 pm

WHOOO!!!! I JUST FOUND MORE BATTLEFRONT 3 STUFF! AND I THINK YOU GUYS WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO SEE THIS!

A special thanks to Rainz for sending in his Battlefront 3 Hope email. Keep them coming fans!

“Rainz here with a message concerning all fans of the Battlefront series:

Battlefront 3 has faced some trouble over the past few weeks, with no announcement at E3 or at the Celebration V convention. I’m sure that after the latter, most of you had given up hope, believing our dream game would never see the light of day. However, I advise you not to do so.

With Lucasarts hiring a new President, there’s already been changes made. The Force Unleashed 3 has been cancelled, and no more games will be developed internally at Lucasarts.

And what about this “unnamed project” that has been supposedly put on hold? There’s certainly a high chance that it is Battlefront 3, seeing as there are no more games in the LEGO series, a sequel to Monkey Island has already been announced and is in the works, and Lucidity received such poor reviews from the experts that there is little to no chance a sequel is even being THOUGHT of!

There are many great video game conventions and wards shows out there, I am SURE Battlefront 3 will show up at at least one of them. Don’t forget, P.A.X. 2010 is coming in the next couple of days, so we’d better keep a VERY close eye on it, as wells all the other conventions coming in the future.

Just remember, Star Wars fans, if you believe in it, it will come.”

This was copy and pasted from a Star Wars Battlefront 3 site that I check from time to time. And Rainz is a guy that works with LucasArts I guess.
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Meh. Read through this crap and you'll see everything you'll ever want to know about BF3:
http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=90551&tstart=0&start=0

The previous LA president was an @sshole to say the least. He screwed up Lucasarts really bad. This new guy doesn't seem much better.

Anyway, just give up hope already. It's been 5 years and that stupid company is too busy making Lego Star Wars and Monkey Island to give us an actual game worth buying.
Back to top Go down
boone532
Grunt
Grunt
boone532

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:17 pm

It will come out! I know it will! BELIEVE! BEEEEELIEVE! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Extra Extra Read All About It!!!!

Remember guys Im copy and pasteing this. From this website battlefront3.net

Well, it’s been almost a month and there hasn’t been any news of any sorts on the where-a-bouts of Battlefront 3… not even a single, lousy whiff! So far PAX, E3 & Star Wars Celebration V have been a big let down for us Battlefront 3 fans and so far it’s looking extremely grim.

Am I losing hope? Nope! Not yet anyway, I’m still quite confident that we will get what we want eventually! In the meantime, our good buddy Rainz has come up with his own scenario on who’s developing Battlefront 3.. and you know what, it actually sounds quite plausible.

“While searching through Google for even a hint of possible BF3 news, I came across information about a particular gaming company. A relatively unknown company, Killspace Entertainment, which is comprised of developers from 5 different gaming companies: Obsidian, Pandemic, Luxoflux, Electronic Arts LA, and Red 5.

Now one particularly interesting note here, is that one of those companies, Pandemic, worked on both Battlefront 1 and 2, but got shut down by EA, which means they are now working with another company, similar to Free Radical and Crytek UK. Another interesting note is that Killspace’s genres of games are “3rd and 1st Person character-focused
action, horror
, and sci-fi.” Now, that description is the Battlefront series in a nutshell (well maybe not “horror”)

One last piece of evidence. In one of their categories, “Currently in Development” , one of their projects was “a licensed IP to be announced”.

Now, take from this finding what you will, but I believe we may have found the developer to our beloved Star Wars Battlefront 3. “
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:23 pm

o dude! could u imagine a horror element to star wars! A republic cruser ambused by the cis bak on its way to their base and forced to crash on a planet! while thier they discover that no1 is there... or r they? then zombies pop out and start attackin! it could b like one of the mision campaigns! what u guys think now thatd b cool! lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:00 am

That would be cool Vash. It could be some weird zombie like alien creature, and while on that mission you have to take down the CIS and avvoid getting eating by these creatures.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 12:41 am

nope the zombie aliens destroyed the entire cis garrison on the planet! lol and half the maps are zombie controlled cis bases kinda like racoon city in resident evil only cis lol and your mission is to make it to a escape ship to get off the planet alive! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Right, well I'm bored and feel like creating a SWBF3 wishlist.

Let's see
-credits, as in things like money you get from playing online and offline that you can use to buy stuff, and there can also be stuff that can be unlocked at certain points without paying
-5 regular classes for each faction(grunt, rocket, sniper, engie, pilot) that are pre-made and can be used in both ground and space
-5 special classes for each faction that can only be unlocked after meeting certain criteria
-the ability to create and customize 3 different weapon load-outs and save them
-the ability to create your own soldier for your faction
-being able to play as the natives! They had natives in SWBF1, but not the ability to play as them
-weapons (you can buy and unlock them)
-lightsaber and vibrosword weapons after beating a bunch of stuff and meeting a lot of criteria
+ the almighty orbital strike gun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVcc979LTw&feature=related
+ different sniper scopes. You start off with a basic one with 1 magnification. You can unlock and buy new ones, including 2X magnification, 3X, thermal scope, and one that does 1-3X magnification, and a holographic one
+ different grenades. You start off with the one we have in SWBF2, then you can get cluster grenades, EMP grenades (temporarily knock out all tech in impact zone), and homing grenade (locks onto heat source)
+ various camouflage skins for guns
+ guns that get new stuff as you level up with them (get so many kills with say a regular rocket launcher, you unlock one that can lock onto stuff)
-space combat
+several different fighter types (X wing, Y wing, A wing, B wing, LAAT) as well as heroes that come with custom ships (Solo and the Falcon), play Renegade/Elite Squadron and you'll see this in action
+more than one capital ship per team
+multiple or complex hangars on ships (CIS has the one that goes through the whole ship, rebels have hangars on both sides, empire has underbelly hangar, republic has upside hangar)
+upgradeable ships
+destroyable capital ships (play Elite Squadron and you'll see)
+turbolaser cannon on the underbelly (has to be charge a lot, then you fire onto a target on the ground and blow it to kingdom come, play Elite Squadron and you'll see)
+space stations on some maps
+seamless ground to space transitional combat
-more heroes
-more game modes
-bigger maps
-possible to call in Death Star strike on some maps that would instantly end the battle and no one would win (similar to tactical nuke in Call of Duty MW2)

Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:27 pm

clap (im pretty much left speechless by the awesum ideas lol)
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:48 pm

And lets not forget flash grenades or smoke grenades. (or something like that.)
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Still we wait for some news or conformation of Battlefront 3.. The Spike VGA Awards 2010 are approaching rapidly and this has stirred up quite a bit of hope! I remember watching them last year with tons of hope for a Battlefront 3 announcement and I will eagerly do the same this year.

There hasn’t been a whole lot of information on this years upcoming Spike Video Game Awards but according to a tweet by Geoff Keighley (host of Spike TV’s GTTV) there will be some pretty exciting announcements!

“VGA rumors continue. We’ll share two world premiere announcements on Wednesday with many more to come over the next 4 weeks.”
Back to top Go down
NBAC
Grunt
Grunt
NBAC

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:16 pm

"EVERYONE BUY ELITE SQUADRON BECAUSE IT IS A TEST TO SEE HOW POPULAR THE SERIES STILL IS! THE MORE PEOPLE PLAY IT, THE MORE LIKELY THIS WILL COME REAL. and yes elite squadron sucks, but do it for battlefront 3"

Last edited by NBAC on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:47 pm

To bad i don't have a psp. Sad
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:44 pm

My friend is going to let me borrow his PSP sometime next week and he'll let me borrow Elite Squadron.
Anyways I thought I would make my own wishlist for BF3.

-Land to Space Combat and vice versa
-Melee attacks
-The ability to change classes at a friendly command post
-The ability to jump out of a ship in mid air
-10 customizable classes. When making a class things have to be balanced, for example If you choose to give a class a jetpack he cannot have a rocket launcher because it would be to heavy.
-When using detpacks you have to place it somewhere then set a countdown then activate it. Once the timer goes to zero the detpack explodes
-EMP Grenades (If you are the CIS and an EMP grenade is used on you, your screen will look messed up for a few seconds)
-Flash Grenades
-Smoke Grenades (Can be used to distract the enemy and escape or you can tell your teammates over the headset to shoot at the smoke and take out all enemys who are still trying to find their way out of the smoke)
-More guns/Customizable weapons
-Killstreaks (If an Imperial gets a certain amount of kills they call in for a "Death Star Strike!" in 30 seconds the Death Star will fire down on the planet below and give the person who called in the Death Star Strike 50 points, but the battle will still continue in space until the enemys reinforcements drop to 0 or until the planet and all capital ships are destroyed.
-New Gametypes
- Demoltion You and your team have to take a bomb to the enemy teams base, activate it and protect it for 10 seconds until it explodes
-2 Flag CTF- You know the drill
-1 Flag CTF- You know the drill
-Conquest- There are 3 command posts each teams spawns at random spots on the map and have to hold as many command posts as possible. If your team has 1 command posts they will get 1 point every 5 seconds. If they have 2 command posts they will get 2 points every 5 seconds and if your team has 3 command posts they will get 3 points every 5 seconds. This will continue until the maximum amount of points is reached.
King of the Hill- You and your team have to hold a certain postiton on the map for as long as possible and you will gain points for every 5 seconds you are on the hill until a certain amount of points is reached
There should defiently be more gametypes but these are the only one's I can think of right now.
-When your team starts to run low on reinforcements you have to call in for more reinforcements. When you call in for more a landing ship willa rrive ont he battlefeild and drop off more troops.
-If the enemy team calls in for reinforcements you can sneak over to the landing ship and destroy it causing the opposing team not to gain as many reinforcments as they were hoping for. This is called "Sabotage"
-You can gain awards by doing certain things. For example if you sabotage an enemy ship you will be award with the "Sabature" award

Thats all for now!
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:34 pm

This sounds exactly like modern warfare 2. But modern warfare did a LOT better than modern warfare, so this cold be some good ideas. I just want to say that sincce this game is about space battles and laser guns and stuff, i recommend that the tech be more futuristic.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:37 pm

@ axe lol timed detpack= bothan time bomb XP lol as 4 the ideas i like em all lol ill go ahead and add 1 ive always wanted lol u kno how the ais follow ur orders with the dpad right? well what if the top 2 players from the previous match get the "commander award" for the next map and they can issue commands with the dpad like
UP= attack base
down= defense base
right= do u own thing
left= (anybody got any suggestions?

and when the commander presses these buttons the orders apear on his teams screen or can just stay there like right above the anouncements come on at that way everyone can b more organized even if they dont have mics lol
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:30 pm

VASH wrote:
@ axe lol timed detpack= bothan time bomb XP lol as 4 the ideas i like em all lol ill go ahead and add 1 ive always wanted lol u kno how the ais follow ur orders with the dpad right? well what if the top 2 players from the previous match get the "commander award" for the next map and they can issue commands with the dpad like
UP= attack base
down= defense base
right= do u own thing
left= (anybody got any suggestions?

and when the commander presses these buttons the orders apear on his teams screen or can just stay there like right above the anouncements come on at that way everyone can b more organized even if they dont have mics lol
Hehe.. I remeber the commands from SWBF1, much better than the TWO that we get in SWBF2. I was thinking:
U= attack target (you pick one in your crosshairs)- like ya' said
D= defend area- like ya' said
R= cover me / follow me
L= move out / as you were- like ya' said

A few weapon ideas:
-incendiary grenades= grenades that set everything around the impact zone on fire
-black hole gun (maybe)= gun with ONE round, takes forever to reload that fires a shell at an area, that creates a black hole. Any people or items nearby get sucked in. After about... 5 seconds, it collapses and blows up.

Map ideas:
-Death Star I: Rebels start off on Yavin IV's surface, fly up to space to face the empire. Empire starts off at hangars on the Death Star. Rebels win by blowing up the Death Star. Empire wins by waiting for the timer to go down, which means the Death Star blows up Yavi IV.
-Death Star II: Rebels start off at the Ewok village on the ground and the ships up in space. Empire starts off at the shield bunker on the ground and the super star destroyer, star destroyers, and Death Star hangars. Since this map would have to be gigantic, it might just be space only. Rebels win by destroying the SSD and the Death Star. Empire wins by blowing up all Rebel capital ships.
-Polis Massa EXPANDED: The empire has two star destroyers on the edge of an asteroid field. The Rebels have the whole base on Polis Massa. There can also be several smaller asteroids with mini-bases that can be captured.

Campaign ideas: (multiple campaigns)
-Clone Trooper: From Kamino Training to the Death Star II battle. (this is the big campaign)
-Rebel: You fight the battles and have other things to do during the Galactic Civil War.
-Bounty Hunter missions: You pick a bounty hunter and your sole mission is to find and eliminate your targets.
-maybe some additional campaigns where you played as a Jedi, Sith, Republic Commando, or Mercenary.
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:43 pm

I had 2 ideas, including the one i said earlier. the 1st is that they are space and ground battles. Like imagine running toward the cantina on mos eisly and then a laser blows you up. To make it more fair, there would be a carrier ship at 1 primary base for each team. that ship leaves every 2 minutes and carries troopers up to the space battle. in space you could go to the control room and get in a laser turrent and aim them at the ground (magnified, of course) and blow up people. If you get bored in space, then you just take the ship back down to the planet.

my second idea is actually pretty simple. a 3d radar.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:13 pm

o snap rick u reminded me of somthing when u siad laser blow u up lol ok the whole space and ground battles r totally awesum itd b like my dream come true lol anyway if we goona mix em we gotta have shield generators on the planet now the question is should they b blowup-able or not lol if so how long it take to fix em? same time as shields in space?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SWBF3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBF3   SWBF3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWBF3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next