The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!

Go down 
+3
AURORUS
KillaK
GRIZZ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Empty
PostSubject: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:36 pm

some players think if you use a special your playing wrong? in the "specials unlock at" thread for whatever reason some players want specials gone or at such a high point unlock they would never show up at all! I say f*ck that! this is a starwars game and the specials are part of it so treat it as such!

Its starwars not socom! This game is about merging the starwars universe with a wargame shooter! The characters in this game where established before the game and I think they did a pretty good job 6 years ago combining the two and definitely a step up from the first try lol! and lets all hope if SWBFIII ever comes out they step it up another notch! Maybe even add more characters lol

You can debate how a player plays the game and how they use the charecters but the reg class vs special debate is a none factor! because in a universe with armored spacesuit wearing clone armies, robots, alien bigfoot wookies, and people with psychic and telekinetic powers everyone is a regular class lol its starwars!

Players should be playing this game for three main reasons, you like starwars,shooter games,and have fun playing it! You cant just leave out the starwars aspect of the game! If you play this game and dont like something in it that stems from the starwrs universe, and just want to leave out certain characters and want the game to be a broken down version of the original and more of a simulation shooter then SWBFII is not for you! and your missing the point of the game its a "starwars" wargame shooter!

Last edited by GRIZZ on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:54 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:40 pm

this is post from (SWL)LEGEND I copied this to here because i agree!

no,no. not 1 time have i ever complained about specials to anyone ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all i was saying was ya bring them back. to many peps have called others on open mic so much sh!t peps seem like they r really believing ur a punk if u use them.
if peps admire u as a player an they just hear u say that guys no good cause he uses a special uve just planted a f*cked up seed and that new crop is gonna pass the buck. i hardly c any maps with specials really an its sad to me because i use to know alot of special terrorist. lmao
specials i guess never really seemed special to me simple because they were open characters in part 1. i know u guys had to have known alot of players didnt leave part 1 for 2 because they took the game back or just rented to try it for the simple fact that there was a point system added that made u get points to play with that character. lol
ALL the maps use to be over by the 9th or 10th kill.lmfao we were such noobs we were messing up the game, lol alot of peps didnt like that transition but then we got the hang of it..the ones that stayed. lol
oh an hoth! that sorry sh!t almost made me leave. that was just a slap in the face the way they downgraded us on that. that 1 single map in part 1 just about beat 80% of the maps they have now. lmfao but the characters was an upgrade to bad they took r double rockets though. lmao back to the point.
i even tried the spy that day 2.lol but i realized a problem awhile ago an just experimenting here an there which is a good time to say i will be special whoring at a base near u an if u cant stop us then just simply spawn at ur next available base,regroup and attack r dumb ass from behind r just run for the flag since the rest of us r busy oh an im sorry for ur inconvience we will be gone after the last score, for who-ever. lol
i was using a special that day simple because i wanted to show someone it was ok, u know that lead by example type thing. lol i made the guy i wanted to leave, leave. u just came along after my awaking looking all green an jolly. lol i couldnt help it. lmfao but u can thank me later for being the one thats gonna get u back on ur toes cinderella so be ready for r dance. lol

Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:10 am

Yea man use those specials. Though I dont know how some people can recon. I tried that s#*% a long time ago and I was bored after 2 minutes lol. I need action. Which is why I like darkies. They can advance up the battlefield very quickly. Which is also a huge advantage for capture the flag. But anyways,

If you tired of darkies on big maps, get good with the sniper. Its a lot of fun shooting people out of the air and than hearing people say, "What the hell happened?" Jet troopers are even easier to kill.

Easiest class to kill a bothan with is rocket.

Stupid reconners are basically gift wrapping the precision pistol for you.

Toughest to deal with would be the wookie when he is out in the front fighting. Especially if the dude is really good at mortar (like a Morrison or Spider, etc.) But luckily its TD off so start flinging mines lol.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:29 am

This is such a dishonest post. You know damn well people arent complaining about "using" specials.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:52 am

where have you been! lol players have been complaining about the specials for months! if there not complaining about how certain players use them there bitching about players using them period like its a bad thing? this is about how the game is in balance when both sides use the specials and how they are a major part of the game!
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:31 am

Where have YOU been? People arent complaining about using specials. Theyre complaining about ABUSING them to rack up kills. You KNOW this, thats why this is a dishonest post. Stop trying to justify special whoring, youre going to lose every time and youre going to lose much respect as special whores do.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:14 am

show me in my post where i am condoning stat whoring with a special? you cant because i didnt!
i posted about how its ok to use specials in the game without being labeled something! please dont confuse my post saying its ok to use specials, with a player abusing them for stat purposes only! because those players really suck and get on all our nerves! lol

Last edited by GRIZZ on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
vergamaton

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:31 am

well grizz i remember one map.....coruscant CTF...u were using the darkie in the most wussy way ive seen in years. You socred 2 flags (my team was being literally PWNED) u got damage reduction, u changed to darkie and u started to spawn kill. I was on the middle of the map trying to kill the other team....then u came and killed me with 1 shot....i said...ok
then u started to kill me from far, and when i attacked u, and u had yellow hp, you flew away...i almost killed u like 3 or 4 times but u either flew away or some team mate killed me. That night u pwned my ass, i think u killed me like 8-9 times. I left b4 the map ended.
BTW, they were other 3 darkies trying to kill me...but killing a damage increased darky who runs when being attacked, is very hard to kill
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:47 am

To Grizz: I have yet to see one person say that merely using specials is bad. The whole point of people complaining is the ABUSE of them. You KNOW this. So I dont know why in the world you would post this. The only logical conclusion is that you ARE condoning special whoring and pretending you arent. Otherwise this is all pointless. This makes no sense
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:14 am

vergamaton wrote:
well grizz i remember one map.....coruscant CTF...u were using the darkie in the most wussy way ive seen in years. You socred 2 flags (my team was being literally PWNED) u got damage reduction, u changed to darkie and u started to spawn kill. I was on the middle of the map trying to kill the other team....then u came and killed me with 1 shot....i said...ok
then u started to kill me from far, and when i attacked u, and u had yellow hp, you flew away...i almost killed u like 3 or 4 times but u either flew away or some team mate killed me. That night u pwned my ass, i think u killed me like 8-9 times. I left b4 the map ended.
BTW, they were other 3 darkies trying to kill me...but killing a damage increased darky who runs when being attacked, is very hard to kill

I guess it depends on your perspective. It sounds like Grizz implemented an effective strategy. Some people would counter that not using a special effectively (i.e. using a Dark Trooper for exploring) would be an abuse of a special.

@Grizz, which side won the match?
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Most of the people are saying if u use a special, than you suck. Grizz is just saying that its ok to use specials once in a while, just dont abuse them. Im assuming thats what he meant because im sure a lot of kids were led to believe that specials are the devil's men, and if you use them you are going to hell lol.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:18 am

PyroJockey wrote:
vergamaton wrote:

I guess it depends on your perspective. It sounds like Grizz implemented an effective strategy. Some people would counter that not using a special effectively (i.e. using a Dark Trooper for exploring) would be an abuse of a special.

@Grizz, which side won the match?

lol @ spawn killing being an "effective strategy" after getting flags just to get damage increase. But yeah sure, the dark side had effective strategies. They had their own "perspective" And thats really what it comes down to with the abuse of specials. Either you choose to use them for selfish purposes or for team support when needed. I've thought about this and maybe the game developers made them lopsided too much on purpose. With great power comes great responsibilty. If I see the empire struggling against the rebels, I see no problem using them to gain an advantage to score the flag. But to use it to just rack up kills is just lame, not to mention for an entire map. At least try to get the flag for your team. Like some person named Cam for example. I've seen him special whore the darkie, but at LEAST he always goes for the flag with it which takes some cojones given he cant use one of its 2 most powerful assets: flight
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:19 pm

AURORUS wrote:
I've seen him special whore the darkie, but at LEAST he always goes for the flag with it which takes some cojones given he cant use one of its 2 most powerful assets: flight

I saw a few Bothan Spies with some big cojones getting the flag and trying to score instead of abusing of their stealth ability to clear the way for his teamates.

Talking about specials... specials are not a problem unless they start spawncamping. You can kill a darky/jet trooper with one sniper shoot. You can stop a wookie with any class (including grunt* -try to get a sh*t load of headshots). Wookies are the slowest class of the game, you can use them as a big hairy target practice. Magnaguard is not too hard to kill. Keep them in distance and they will be a easy prey. The bothan spy is the hardest in my opinion bcuz u cant hit what u cant see. Once he is spotted, u can kill him very easy. The abuse of specials sometimes is annoying, but not a big deal as much as spawncampers.
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:15 am

This whole topic is silly and I cant believe I read through this; let alone add a post. Here is how I see it and how most probably see it.

1. There is nothing wrong with using specials and I will use them as well.
2. The problem with using specials is when you are using them like a bitch, going for cheap kills or not helping your team win.
3. Special whores are those that people are sick of and you know who you are. You are the cheap dirty bastard that will take an easy kill when someone is in the red over stopping someone from scoring the flag, you will fly off “exploring” as a dark or jetty, you stand on top of the rebel transport trying to get a precision pistol while your team is getting their ass kicked, you get 4 kills and run off and recon like a wus, you NEVER switch back to a standard class.
4. Good players could care less about people using specials AS LONG it is within the flow of the game.
Aurorus, that Cam guy always goes darkie but like you said he tries to score so I don’t have a problem with that. Giving up flight to carry the flag is a taking one for the team and putting your team over yourself. I also noticed a few bothans trying to scoop and score with the flag and that’s as ballsy as it gets give the bothan cannot take any damage and is in plain sight with the flag and units converging on him. It so obvious why people are complaining and it has nothing to do with “using specials” it’s the playing like a wus and cheap tactics that are annoying people.

I want to add that I can switch and play on any side I want and I have no problem playing on the opposite side on maps where people like to abuse the specials. I don’t rely on the “I will just play on that side” defense. I love killing people that want to play and get cheap special kills; especially when it’s a dark trooper that doesn’t even know how to “special whore.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!   Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its o.k. to use specials its a starwars game!
Page 1 of 1