The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental

Go down 
+4
Bouncer
rick100
Mike
PyroJockey
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Empty
PostSubject: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Just because I could, and out of sheer curiosity, I put our back-up for the Glitching server on line for the European region using the PAL standard and guess what, the Europeans like to glitch too! Even with the lag and high pings of 200-250 the Euro-server is filled during the evening hours. We are going to move it to our regular server and see if a better connection helps reduce the lag/ping.

SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental B_560_95_1

Makes me want to buy a PAL PS2 and join them, which would also allow me to play on SWBF2 Server 1 (UK) and ROR Revolution (Germany). I’m checking eBay. Very Happy

Addendum:

Just a funny observation. In our Euro-server I've noticed a frequent player named "joueur 1".

Take a wild guess. roflmao

Last edited by PyroJockey on Wed May 18, 2011 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Wow thats really cool Pyro. I'm happy people all around the world are still playing.
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:37 pm

yeah, i'm happy to. Does anyone have mics over there?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:38 pm

I assume they have option to use a mike but I currently have no way of knowing how many of them use it. You need to have a PAL standard PlayStation to play the European servers. The ones sold in the US are NTSC and are incompatible. That's why you don't see their servers on our lists.

Last edited by PyroJockey on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING Euro-server now on GameTracker   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Update: The SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING Euro-server has been moved to our main server and is now on GameTracker.

SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental B_560_95_1

We should be able to gather some stat's on scores and usage. While the ping rates are still high, some have dipped down below 200. I am seeing pings typically between 190 and 230.

By the way, did anyone figure out the significance of the name "joueur 1"? scratch

Last edited by PyroJockey on Wed May 18, 2011 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:43 pm

PyroJockey wrote:
By the way, did anyone figure out the significance of the name "joueur 1"? scratch
Player 1 in French?

Also, plan on hitting up the Asian servers next?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Bouncer wrote:
Player 1 in French?

Yes! We have a winner!

Bouncer wrote:
Also, plan on hitting up the Asian servers next?

Actually, I was considering it Laughing

While I did see 2 European PS2 servers on GameTracker, I don't see any Asian servers at all, PS2 or PC. If I try it, it will just be a shot in the dark. Maybe this weekend.
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:50 pm

What format does asia use? do they use PAL also?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Good question. scratch

There are 3 major formats used world wide. NTSC, PAL and SECAM. Most of the former Soviet Union used SECAM while the remainder of Asia uses PAL. Japan uses NTSC. In addition to the format there is a region code as well. The dedicated server supports North America, Europe and Japan as regions and only NTSC and PAL as standards. Don't know what to do if you want Australia or India. It gets confusing. WTF? The PC version doesn't have this limitation.
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:31 pm

You mentioned region codes. Is that what limits US users to the US? And is it possible to edit (mod) the game to skip the region code? I know it's confusing, that's what help is for.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:32 am

Bouncer wrote:
plan on hitting up the Asian servers next?

I had a Japanese server up for 2 days now, not a single hit. The Japanese are always a generation ahead of us in video games, I guess nobody plays SWBF2 over there anymore.

rick100 wrote:
You mentioned region codes. Is that what limits US users to the US? And is it possible to edit (mod) the game to skip the region code? I know it's confusing, that's what help is for.

It's possible but not recommended. It means hacking the PS2 itself.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Ok,

We have "Player 1", "Joueur 1" (French) and now "Spieler 1" (German).

By looking at a sampling of the IP addresses we have players from the England, Ireland, Spain, France, Germany, the Czech Republic and Finland.

P.S. Just saw Austria and Sweden.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Update:

I was doing some work this morning in my R&D server and realized I left the Japanese server up. There were players in there. It was 1:00am Sunday morning Tokyo time and they're in our Glitching server. Not the overnight success of our Euro-server, but it shows that even the tech savvy Japanese still play this 5 year old game.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:24 pm

o man pyro that just RULZ! king im always impressed at the stuff u do lol
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Wow, even in Japan. Are there any other servers over there besides yours or do you not have any way of telling?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:58 am

rick100 wrote:
Wow, even in Japan. Are there any other servers over there besides yours or do you not have any way of telling?

I have no way of knowing how many other PS2 servers there are. I'll need to ask them if I can catch them in the xat box.

A Euro player told me they only have 4 servers for Europe.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:22 am

PyroJockey wrote:
Update:

I was doing some work this morning in my R&D server and realized I left the Japanese server up. There were players in there. It was 1:00am Sunday morning Tokyo time and they're in our Glitching server. Not the overnight success of our Euro-server, but it shows that even the tech savvy Japanese still play this 5 year old game.

Oh that's badass! I'd prolly have less lag wit Japanese players, then I would wit Europeans. So, was it PAL or NTSC for Japan? I wanna play on that one when them Tokyo drifters are playing! grn-lol
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:31 am

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
Oh that's badass! I'd prolly have less lag wit Japanese players, then I would wit Europeans. So, was it PAL or NTSC for Japan? I wanna play on that one when them Tokyo drifters are playing! grn-lol

The Japanese are on NTSC, but their region is Japan and our PS2's are chipped for North America. I have heard talk of "mod chips" that will allow you to play different regions but it means hacking your PS2 (that would probably void the warranty) Laughing

I really have no idea how popular the game is in Japan. I found no Japanese SWBF2 servers on GameTracker, PC or PS2. That may be because of the language barrier.

I tried doing some searches but I don't know Kanji. Not that I could read Japanese with our alphabet, but I don't know what SWBF2 is in Kanji to search for it.

I think I found at least 1 Japanese SWBF2 PS2 web site, 【PS2版】SWBFスターウォーズバトルフロント総合63 (only because it mentions the Gltiching server) but running it through the on line translators gives unintelligible results. For example the word "mackerel" keeps coming up (holy Mackerel?) Shocked

For example,

Original text:

365 :名も無き冒険者:2010/12/11(土) 16:46:20 ID:tJ7mm8hy
人数が50人くらいだったら同時でも楽しいだろうなぁ。
次世代機ならできるのかな。

昨日SWBFⅡ OFFICIAL GLITCHING(うろ覚え)
って鯖あったけどなんなんだろ
ギリッチングってバグって意味らしいけど・・・・・・まさかEAが!?

Google translation:

365: Nameless Adventurer : 2010/12/11 (Sat) 16:46:20 ID: tJ7mm8hy
Maybe the next generation can do.

Yesterday SWBF Ⅱ OFFICIAL GLITCHING (faint)
What I wonder is what happened, but mackerel
Tte Tte General album 意味Rashii I Ritchinku s ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ key s EA is impossible! ? ?

One of these posters did leave a message in our XAT box thanking us for making a server for Japan. Because of the time difference no one was there to respond. No I found a post of his/her attempt on their site as well

Google translation:

378: Nameless Adventurer : 2010/12/14 (Tue) 17:54:24 ID: MMr5aXek
ttp://swbf2glitch.net/
The 鯖Rashii here.
・ ・ ・ Appear ・ ・ ・ something people want.
I tried writing an chat away, everyone offline

The translated page also contains many instances of the word "raped" usually preceded by a number. This is probably a score and the translation of the word they use for "pwned". They talk smack just like we do.
blabla roflmao

Last edited by PyroJockey on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cleaned up translations)
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:17 pm

cool.Where can you download google translator for firefox?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm

rick100 wrote:
cool.Where can you download google translator for firefox?

If you're looking for a browser plug in, I don't know if there is one. I just use the web based translator. Google the word "translate".
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:49 pm

BIG F'ING BUMP!

I think I may have found a way for SWBFII PS2 players in North America to play against players in Europe using the dedicated server manager. I need to do some more tests but I am optimistic. If this works out we can have transoceanic battles. I don’t think clan matches would be fair since our server is in the US and North America would have a lower ping. However, if this works I could share this knowledge with the Europeans and we could alternate hosting matches.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:04 am

IT WORKS! Very Happy

I just played a Death Star CTF match with about 14 European players in our Euro server and it was awesome. it was about 12:00 GMT (8:00 am EDT), then I had to go to work. Sad

I'll have to start getting up earlier.

The problem with playing other regions is that Sony didn't want that happening. When you set up the dedicated server manager for the PS2 version you have to identify the region as either North America, Europe or Japan. You also have to select the video standard as NTSC or PAL.

I found that the video standard means nothing for running a dedicated server, not sure why they even put it in there. It's the region that controls which server list your server appears on. Your server can only be set to one region at any time so it can only be displayed on one list at any one time. I found a way to change the region while the server is running. This allows me to alternate which server list (North America, Europe or Japan) the server is currently displayed on. When I want to join our European server I change the region to North America, Join the server and then change the region back to Europe to allow more European players to join.

Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Does this work with any paid for server, like from art of war.....or is it just with yours?

Also, if u leave the server while its on the European side, do u see the listings for the European servers or does it transport u back to the US servers?

Either way, it sounds cool lol.....
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:41 pm

This should work for any server including those on AOWC.

Because of the region limitations on the PlayStation, US players will only see the North American servers. When you leave the server that's what you'll see. This mod doesn't let you access their server list, it tricks GameSpy into showing the server on a different list, without restarting the server.
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Sooo how about this......

A European clan and a US Clan want to do a battle.......the US clan server is used.

All the players from the US Clan join the server as normal. Than, the owner to the server switches the region to Europe. The European clan than proceeds to enter the server. They are able to duel it out over 5 maps.

So you're saying this is possible? The lag would probably be tremendous lol but it would be interesting......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next