The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:57 pm

If you haven't heard of Astro-Empires you should check it out.
Some of you Star Wars fans that aren't idiots might be interested. Greener

It's a strategy game. It's like a turn-based thing that you just play in your Internet Browser.
Nothing to download and it's totally free.

You start with a planet, a moon, or an asteroid. And it's ready for buildings and already has people.
You build structures like solar plants, refineries, research labs, shipyards, etc.
Then you research all the different energy and weapons technologies and build badass ships and planetary defenses!
You can even build SpacePorts and Jump-Gates to setup trade routes with other players and so on and so on...

You don't have any pictures to click on or drag and drop on a map like StarCraft. But it's the same kinda thing with the production queues. It's mostly text-based.
You earn credits per hour based on the size of your planet. Then you spend the credits on building stuff and researching techs.
It'll show you how long each thing takes to get built or researched. And you can put like 5 or 6 things in the queue to go automatically after each thing is built or researched. That kinda thing.

And eventually you can build Star Destroyers and Corellian Corvettes. And even Death Star(s)!
There's "guilds" and thousands of players from all over the world. And of course you can attack all of them!

It seems like something that will take like 5-10 minutes to do all the stuff each time you log-in. But you'll need to do that atleast once a day to "maximize" the production times if you want stuff built fast. Sorta like Fantasy Basketball. Just gotta log-in once a day to set the rosters. Cool

A guy at my work who's a Star Wars fan told me about it. I just started playing it like a week ago. But he's been going for over a year and he's leader of some big guild and getting ready to build his first Death Star, etc.
I did Not join his Galaxy. hehe

I started an account in the Gamma server. So if you sign-up for the game, pick that server and choose the G26 galaxy so we can be trading partners or enemies!

Astro Empires - "G" Galaxy

Last edited by {Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Sounds a lot like Empire at War to me. Haven't heard of it before though.

Speaking of EAW, does anyone here play it?

Last edited by Bouncer on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:05 pm

ok this sounds like my kinda game sho! u can count me in lol ill join ur team if i can do that and help support u lol u gonna make ur own apocalypse clan there? lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:18 pm

How can I find your account and planet Sho'Nuff?
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:45 pm

just add him to ur contacts i found that n the msg area its like right next to the name lol also my name im usin will b VASH if any1 wants to add me lol o yeah what name u usin Sho'nuff?
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:29 am

it sounds sweet i have played those free rts browser games before ill sign up and try it out shonuff. the only problem with 24 hour no pause rts games is getting attacked when your not on lol as long as i dont have to pay constant attention to it then it could be fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:08 am

You got a little while to build up before the bullies come out. cheers
No one can attack you before you reach level 10.
And if you're under level 30, no one over level 30 can touch you either.
And I think they have to be within 5 levels of you for them to be able to attack you. So you won't have a level 20 attacking a level 10.

Plus, it has to be "profitable" for people to attack other players. If you're small and they blow up your fleet and planet, they won't get anything for it and they'll lose fighters.

My player name there is BossPlayer and My sector is G26:24:56:51
My first planet's name is MASS-Edonia.

Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Ban11

Last edited by {Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Correction: I guess Gamma is the server-name. I'm actually in the G26 galaxy on the Gamma server.
I was in the G00 galaxy. But when I saw Vash and Axe were in G26, I started my account over so I could move there.

Me and Vash are trading partners. He just moved a fleet into my system. I have a fleet heading to his too. I'm researching Plasma energy weapons and Stellar Drives. Pretty soon, I'll have enough stuff built and researched so I can just concentrate on building ships. Then, I'm gonna start taking over planets!
DS-explode
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:20 pm

lol stratagy here lol my 1st though was to make a base on every planet n a solar system then move on in a systematic patern encroaching one planet at a time lol however when i learned it doubles the cost of each new base u can get i revised my stratagy to just one really good planet in each region lol and spread from there lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:48 pm

After I get enough credits I'll make a spaceport so I can trade with you guys too.
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Just started playing it. I'll be sure to get a nice armada built up to attack you guys. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:28 pm

That's cool that you started an account, Bouncer! It's pretty fun plotting out your strategy.
Vash is already way ahead of me. He had scout ships built and "scouting" the galaxy before I even had warp drive researched!

I just sent one of my Corvettes (U.S.S. Stingray 1957) over to Axe's planet so I can keep an eye on him. Suspect Laughing
Been waiting for you to build a spaceport so I can setup another trade route!

Right now I have a recycler ship (U.S.S. Ajax) cleaning up the debris around a planet near Vash's home base then I'm taking over that planet so I can build fleet right next to Vash and Axe's home systems.

Star Destroyer Tie Fighter Star Destroyer

Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:40 pm

idealy i wanted each base to b well rounded havein like equal numbers n everything ex. level 10 spaceport, minning, research ect however im runnin out of room on my home base so next thought i had was have each base have a specific task their assigned my main base will b the devolpment of research and my future base at axes will b all mining to provide me with income lol im learnin as i go so i hope these stratagies might help others too lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Shocked confused nervous Uhhhhh......Well now I guess I cant attack Sho'nuff. Oh well. I havnt even finished the tutorial yet, but Im almost done. Im stuck on the tutorial mission "Moving Units" I keep running out of energy before I can build another shipyard.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:52 pm

The tutorial is cool. But you don't have to go strictly by it. I skipped some of the steps and don't feel like following it anymore. Laughing

We don't have to be trading partners. Cool Just thought us SWBF2 guys would stick together cuzz once we reach level 10, other players ranked 15 or lower can start attacking us. I wanna make sure I'm making major chee$e before that happens. Cuzz I'm not even close to researching planetary shielding. I need ships... a lot of them!

And Vash that is a good strategy. The higher level players like to pick metallic moons to be their main shipyards. I guess the "earthly" planets are not all that. Dude at work was saying since they're average on all the stuff (metals, gas, crystals), they're not really good at doing any one thing. They're "too rounded" I guess.

I dunno. I'm still going after one of those earthly planets in your system. I need a better homeworld. I did just find a "Gaia" type moon nearby too. I think I want that one as well. But I see some level 28 guy has a scout ship already there. So I don't know if that one is already "spoken for" or not. I guess I should make some Outpost ships and get down to making some allies and enemies. I'm level 8 already.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:23 pm

Since Im almost done with the tutorial I'll go ahead and finish it. Also how do you send scout ships to other planets and how to you take control of another planet?
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:06 pm

hahaha dude bouncer i found ur planet hahaha Bouncetopia thats a hillarious name XD lol
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 10:58 pm

ok guys if any of u r playing astro empires feel free to join our clan [~A3~] thats astro (cuz of game name) apocalypse (cuz we r n this clan already lol) alliance (cuz its a cool a word XD) so far is me sho axe and bouncer but i dont think the last 2 r that into it lol just remeber 4 those with free acounts if u dont login at least once every 15 days ur account gets deleted
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 1:50 am

I cant play anymore because I think it was making my computer slower. thumbs down
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:58 pm

It slows down your PC? I think you need to empty your temporary internet files folder. Do you do that every day? I set my browser to clear those out every time I close it. I haven't had any problems and I play this game on my work computer and my sh*tty PC at home.

That's too bad you can't play it. The game is really getting fun now. Vash and I are built up enough to really kick some butt! We can spawn some kickass ships and our empires make enough cheese to pay for it all.

I just got done smashing some guy's fleet and occupied his planet for a few days. Then I finally started up the {A3} clan and almost immediately I started getting messages from other guilds asking to be allies with us! One of them being the guild that I just attacked! Shocked

Vash got a score of an occupation the other day too. He invaded a planet that had no fleet and no defenses. He occupied that planet with a simple scout ship!

And I found a wormhole a few weeks ago but it was well-protected so I stayed away. The last few days I've been sneaking ships into it before they can get attacked. And now I have a gang of ships roaming around a different galaxy! I just found a bunch of planets worth colonizing. And some more targets as well. But only Vash gets to see where those are. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?   Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone play a game called Astro-Empires?
Page 1 of 1