The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

CTF Timers?

Go down 
+9
{DSB}Mewtwo
KillaK
PyroJockey
darthwiley
GRIZZ
Axe
VASH
vergamaton
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do You Want a Timer on CTF maps?
Yes
CTF Timers? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap37%CTF Timers? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 7 ]
No
CTF Timers? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%CTF Timers? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

CTF Timers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:12 am

We dont all need to play the same way. Sometimes the right play is to run right into the battle and sometimes the right thing to do is to wait. I have seen 3-4 players get killed because someone steps on a mine or advances at the wrong time. On the other hand, I have eluded several opponets by waiting and attacking at the right time. Neither way is ALWAYS right, it depends on the situation at hand. If I am standing side by side with Grizz with the flag, I am letting him go first because he is better 1-1 and will clear the way for me. The best thing for me to do in that situation is to NOT go first. I am flanked with lesser players, I might go first because the other players might end up getting me killed or hault my advance. Its called adjusting to the battlefront. In fact, I have seen many players that are good that have no idea when/how to advance but they rack up kills.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:43 am

omg i get killed by my own teammates allot i will be doing my thing and here comes a bumbass run right past me or thru a door without looking first and bam where dead! or that player comes ner me and puts themselves in a spot to be mined and we all die man i hate that, it happens to me all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:26 am

That is why I hate playing heavy. I hate on tantive IV when I am an engineer ready to go out the door and a whole group wants to go at once. Not only is it stupid and dangerous but it is a good way to get everyone killed. Let the engineer go first and hopefully he is smart enough to clear a path.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Hey, it looked like you threw down that mine! Sorry man.
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Well, so far the votes are 2-1 for NO timers.

I got this quote from someone when they were arguing about how Team Damage Off isn't "realistic"

"In a game in which you have robots, clones and people who can move things with their minds, how realistic gameplay is isn't an issue."

I just thought I'd throw that out. Kinda seem relevant. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:23 pm

hahahaha thats funny! lol and yay no timers!
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:00 pm

that just about says it all lol great point bossplayer hahahaha

Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:14 pm

Instead of a timer, why dont we adjust the score to 3 or 5 when playing on Death Star?
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:25 pm

havin the doors open on both eras might speed it up
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Doors open would work. GCW is unplayable sometimes with the lack of flag movement and people only interested in kills. I have been skipping it if nobody is trying to move the flag.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:50 am

I really think the doors need to stay closed at least in the GCW. I mean they are already open in CW and it makes the Death Star like a completely different map. If the doors are open its just not the same, it makes the map smaller, and the battles aren't as epic.
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:02 am

Im suggesting we want the battle to be different. I am not in favor of 5hr battles on Death Star just to have the score being 2-1. LOOONG and epic do not mean the same thing to me.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Grunt
Grunt
{Delta}

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:44 am

Personally speaking - conquest is more fun. Also takes more skill. No one uses strategy in pubs anymore - but far more strategy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CTF Timers?   CTF Timers? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CTF Timers?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: General-
Jump to: