The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Silas
Grunt
Grunt
Silas

Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Empty
PostSubject: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:04 pm

If your looking at this post and you still play the game i can help you with making everymap more creative thus making new game modes. Im alredy making "Map Packs" with mods already done to them. Recently i made hunt maps with capturable command post. In addition to that mode i created the same map type for assault,space,and ctf. I can activate all command post that are "Control only" and make them captureable. Again an example of that command post type would be one in space or in ctf, hunt, and assault. afro

P.S. Im new to this site and i hope you guys dont mind my company i juss want to make the game more exciting for everyone and i feel the need for people to explore new things in all games they play. In a summary ive been playing this game for 3 years lol! and it still has pple playing which is good! so i decided to start modding on it again. So my name is silas and i have many mods and im deffinetely not the best modder,hacker,etc. but i can help you with alot of things. So just let me know if you need help or you want to know how to do this. Or if you want some of my pre-made maps with this mod. -SILAS. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:46 am

Welcome to the Arena, Silas!

It's great to see ppl like PyroJockey and you still making cool mods for this game!
We still have some players here that appreciate your guys' hard work... Greener
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Greetings Silas, you have my attention.

First of all I want to make sure we are both talking about modding the PS2 version and not the PC version of the game.

Silas wrote:
I can activate all command post that are "Control only" and make them captureable. Again an example of that command post type would be one in space or in ctf, hunt, and assault.

Silas wrote:
So just let me know if you need help or you want to know how to do this. Or if you want some of my pre-made maps with this mod.

I am interested in how you are doing this since the CTF command posts do not have a capture region defined. So how are you doing this? What maps have you modded and how may I acquire them?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
WEEMS(Evolution)
Rookie
Rookie
WEEMS(Evolution)

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Silas my bro! You were right, this site is pretty awesome legit on Mods, some of you already know me. Its been about year since ive been active, me and silas have been workin on some insane mods thats gonna blow everyones minds! His idea to make map packs was great, im gonna see if he'll let me throw in a few of mine Wink lol. And if anyone needs any advice on Modding/Hacking feel free to ask, im not greedy, i love sharing this kind of information Very Happy knowledge is power right? haha. And im sure PyroJockey remembers me from H3xlabs.
Back to top Go down
WEEMS(Evolution)
Rookie
Rookie
WEEMS(Evolution)

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:03 pm

PyroJockey, If im not mistaken.. Search ctf in the map file and look for a symbol similar to an L and you should see 0.0 next to it. change that to 1.0-7.0, 7.0 being the radious of capturing it(distance from it) 1.0 activates it. Have fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Greetings Weems,

Yes I remember you from H3XLabs and it's predecessor H3XPloit. I'm looking forward to see what you've come up with. thumbs up

Thanks for the tip on the capture region, I will try it out.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Grunt
Grunt
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Thank you all very much for your kind welcoming it means alot to me to know that pple even play this game any more lol! and yes it is deffinetely for the ps2 version of the game. I will upload my space, hunt, and assault maps (the ones with the captureable Cp mod done to them). Is there a specific directory where i can upload them to this site? And just like weems i am very willing to share the information with you all. Weems is a genius when it comes to modding hes taught me alot of wat i know. and with our skills combined you all im sure our possibilities on this game are endless. Thank you for your time!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silas
Grunt
Grunt
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Also!! Weem's description of the command post capture is fairly accurate but if u need it to be more specific search "ctf" or hunt or watever u want to find in the map file only. For example lets say you want to activate a cp in the assault mode on mos eisley. Heres how you would do it. First open your tat2 file in ur lvl pc thing. Open your "find" window type in "eli" with out the quotes. click find. Now something like this will pop up " eli_cp1 " without the quotes. First if you would like to change the pre set control of a command post. like whenever you start the map if you want the villains to control it or heros or neutral for this cp its 2 and it will be next to a symbol like this " Yc " Except like the way symbols look lol. Anyways thats juss to change the control. In order to make the cp captureable simply do wat weems said scroll down until you see a number like this " 65536 " Under it you will see an " L " symbol with out the quotes. Next to or under it will be a " 0.0 " the higher you change that number the higher the capture radius becomes. I usually change it to 7.0 its a fairly normal capture radius. Thats all you do and the same applys for everymode " Assault,hunt,ctf,space " ETC. The possibilities are endless. and i assume you all know how to activate cps and delete them as well?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Nice trick with the ctf command posts. If you capture all the CP's the game does not end and no enemies can spawn. Better leave one locked for each team,

This only seems to work for com_bldg_controlzone_ctf objects and not com_bldg_controlzone and com_bldg_major_controlzone objects. Those radius properties are also set to 0.0 and the CP's can still be captured, unless I eliminate the capture region string.

As for activating and deleting CP's I only know of using existing "KillObject" instances in the mission file for a particular map. Is there another way?
Back to top Go down
Silas
Grunt
Grunt
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:20 pm

For activating yes thats the only way i know as well. and it only works on certain maps for me Kill Your PC
lol. but deleting cps (idk why anyone would want too lol. ) but its easy juss simply change something that shouldnt be changed but beware of your outcome! lol. Trust me! but if its a ctf map simply override the ctf part with "-" "0" or juss change it too ccp. thats wat i do. but yea. So is there a place that i can upload my newly modded maps too?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
WEEMS(Evolution)
Rookie
Rookie
WEEMS(Evolution)

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:58 pm

Silas, its a free forum, so most likely no. What I do is uploadd them to megaupload or filefront something like that and just make a new topic with the download links Wink
Back to top Go down
Silas
Grunt
Grunt
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Ok thanks weems! In that case i will have them up shortly.. afro
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 2:08 pm

This is sweet! Gettin the bigtime modding discussion going again. thumbs up

For uploading mods, I just put all the ones I had on fileden. This forum lets all users upload pics to the gallery but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:06 pm

BUMP!

I'm bumping this thread to make sure I give credit to Silas and Weems for the CP mod. I have used it on several of the maps in current rotation on the SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING server to create 2 new game modes, "Flagquest" and "Huntquest".

I haven't found a practical application in space maps yet (spacequest?). Space maps only have the 2 CP's and once captured no vehicles will spawn in that hangar. That will keep opponents from spawning but it won't end the game and it gets boring after that. If I can find a way to keep the transports on the maps that may help. But you will always have some wiseass who would land it at a place where you fall to your death when you spawn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.   Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capture command posts in ctf,assault,hunt,and space.
Page 1 of 1