The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental

Go down 
+4
Bouncer
rick100
Mike
PyroJockey
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:42 pm

You got it right. The fair thing to do would be to hold multiple matches with an equal number hosted on both sides of the Atlantic. I'm monitoring a game now and a player on California has a slightly lower ping than the lowest Euro player (our server is in PA). At some times they had equal ping, about 190. The highest pings are usually about 300. The average for the Euro players is about 225.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:00 pm

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
Oh that's badass! I'd prolly have less lag wit Japanese players, then I would wit Europeans. So, was it PAL or NTSC for Japan? I wanna play on that one when them Tokyo drifters are playing! grn-lol

Well Sho here's your chance. Since it's empty anyway and due to expire, why don't you flip the new Arena server over to the Japan (NTSC) region and see who drops in. With my new mod you can then join them.

I haven't seen a lot of Japanese players since the quake, but you never know. Let me know if you are interested in the mod, it's easy to add and I'd like to see how it works with the Remote Manager on a AOWC server.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Wow Pyro, you started something big. Killak was able to get our AWOC server onto the EU list, and we played with them for quite awhile. Now all of the USA and EU players are talking and telling the European players how to do this too. Maybe even some cross-Atlantic clan battles will happen!
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:39 am

Here is a link on how to do the mod.

Server Manager mod for allowing players to join from other regions
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:51 am

Man, that is friggin cool!

I got the Official SpaceWar server set for Japan now. We'll see if we get any players this week. Cool

Hey I just had an idea, I wonder if I could change the Arena to Europe at night when it's empty.
Let the Euro players play on it when us Yanks are asleep. And in the morning just switch it back to North America and the night owls in Europe could play with our early morning players...

Can I do that without messing with the PAL NTSC setting?

Yer the man Pyro! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Just wanted to say, the first player a European admin had to ban for glitching from his server since this mod has been put to use, was wearing a MILL tag.....

could be a "smurf", but either way, priceless.....
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:08 am

Hey I just had an idea, I wonder if I could change the Arena to Europe at night when it's empty.
Let the Euro players play on it when us Yanks are asleep. And in the morning just switch it back to North America and the night owls in Europe could play with our early morning players...

Can I do that without messing with the PAL NTSC setting?

As far as I can tell the video standard settings (PAL/NTSC) have no affect on a dedicated server. The server region setting determines which server list the server appears on. The server region region setting on the server tab of the dedicated server manager is only used when the server starts. The mod is required to change regions after the server has started.

If you want to alternate regions without restarting the server just use the mod.

Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Nice!

I put the Arena in the Europe region the last 2 nights.
SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Arena-Euro
That 3am bump was the European players!
I went to restart the server at 5:30am Pacific (like I do most weekdays). But there were 19 players playing in the Arena and I didn't recognize any of the names. Had to be our friends on the other side of the pond.

Pyrojockey = Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 12:50 pm

You should have joined them and introduced them to "The Rocket Man"!

Rocket
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Gotta give some props Pyro, this is pretty cool. afro
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:08 pm

Thanks AURORUS, I appreciate that. I think you would appreciate playing against the Euros too. Now that I've seen them in action in the Glitching Euro server I noticed they don't like to goof around like their American counterparts. I see very little (if any) glitching, spawn camping, point blanking or reconning. I think they just come for the mods. They are used to playing in TD on servers so they tend to be very good with ranged weapons with the sniper as the class of choice.

For example, as much as I prefer CIS, we had an uneven match up in Mos Eisley CTF, so being the gracious host I switched sides and became a Jetty (a.k.a. a target). One Euro was repeatedly sniping me from ground level while I was at the maximum fly height in the map (unlimited jet pack mod). I was well above the lock on range of a Magna Guard's bulldog and he's taking me out with head shots using a sniper rifle, repeatedly, in my own server and HE HAS THE LAG!!! Amazing skills. I tried to recon his ass but he left the server before I got the chance.

The Euros tend to stay clear of the specials too. They are however unprepared for point-blanking attacks (me and my det-pack).

Killak,

I saw you were in the ROR Revolution server today in Germany. I see that they have the mod installed and working. They are an AOWC server from Berlin. I was wondering how noticeable the lag was.

ROR Revolution is the second highest ranked PS2 server worldwide right after Official Server. As much as I'll suck in a TD server I'd still like to try them out.
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:13 pm

The Lag wasn't really noticeable. I mean, unregistered shots are part of the game, so u can expect to get a few more playing in the Euro Servers. Ping was around 180 for the most part.....

European clan players seem to love the engineer class. I've rarely seen them play rocket or grunt so far. Oh, and 90% of the time they use the shotgun instead of detpacks.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:04 am

I got the Official SpaceWar server set for Japan now. We'll see if we get any players this week. Cool

According to GT you are getting a few hits from Japan. There was a peak about 1:00 pm PDT yesterday, at least 4 players. Not bad for space maps. As far as I can tell they have no full time dedicated servers running over there, so the pickings are slim. Of course they have the Glitching server. Wink They have to be getting a better ping to Seattle that they do to us in Pennsylvania. According to my CSV file we get pings in the 200-300 range. You may get a chance to play against them yet.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Oh that's badass! I'd prolly have less lag wit Japanese players, then I would wit Europeans. So, was it PAL or NTSC for Japan? I wanna play on that one when them Tokyo drifters are playing! grn-lol

Here's your chance, the server below opens up for the North American region between 9:00 am PDT and 10:30 am PDT (if I did my math correctly converting time zones that is) on Saturdays.
SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 B_560_95_1
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Another BUMP!   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 7:23 pm

BUMP!

I finally found a way to automate the changing of the regions. This is not the same as the region mod where the server manger is modified, but a memory hack. I have had our Intercontinental Glitching server running it continuously over the weekend and it works beautifully. I don't know yet if this can be applied to a "paid" server on AOWC. It would need some work to adapt it.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:51 pm

That is cool man! omg

I knew you could figure out a way to automate that. thumbs up
Brilliant, I tell ya. Brilliant! clap
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:58 am

The mod is working really well, so well in fact that we have consolidated our 4 glitching servers into one. "SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING - INT" (INT for intercontinental) server. This server cycles between the 3 regions 24/7 at 60 second intervals.

For information on how to join the server visit our site www.swbf2glitch.net.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental   SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING goes intercontinental
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2