The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?

Go down 
+2
JJ'
PyroJockey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Empty
PostSubject: Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?   Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Anyone know what happened to www.SWBFII.com? The link says the domain name has expired. Did they up and quit or just run out of cash?
Back to top Go down
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
JJ'

PostSubject: Re: Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?   Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:20 pm

From what I heard, website owner Ecko didn't make payment or something, that's all I know.
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?   Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:20 pm

lol if i was going to make a website i would make a free one
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?   Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:59 pm

yea its happened before.. it all depends on whether ecko wants to keep it going or not, since most of the other admins dont see any good reason to get the forums back up. The activity has lessened dramatically on it over the past year anyways.

Oh well. Server will be up until (SWL)Russell decides to stop paying for it.
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?   Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Sounds like someone forgot to pay the bills.

In all seriousness, though, I just hope they won't shut down the server. I've always enjoyed playing on .com; I've been playing on it since I first started going online in winter 08. Sad
Back to top Go down
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
vergamaton

PostSubject: Re: Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?   Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Ecko is not the owner anymore, he was like 3 years ago. Lol. Idk who is the owner of the site but probably it wont get up anytime soon....it has happened b4 but only for a couple of hours...not 4 days
Back to top Go down
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
vergamaton

PostSubject: Re: Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?   Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:40 pm

and its sad cause that was the oldest site alive. And one of the firsts ones. Yeah, they were post from august 2006 damn...they were tons of good posts there...from ANYONE, literally, who has played swbf2...
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?   Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:52 am

Yes, John, aka Ecko is basically "the last hope" for the site. There are others who could fix it, but have decided not to.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?   Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:47 am

Déjà vu

It's that time of year again when SWBFII.COM web site goes dark. The question of course is will it come back? The activity on both the web site and the sever has been....well, there really hasn't been much activity at all.

While there isn't much love lost between some of the elitists of .COM and myself (because I run a n00bish glitching server), I would still morn the loss of the last vestiges of what was once a grand community. Even though the web site has degraded into a flaming troll-yard, there is still a lot of history there going back to the heyday of SWBFII. Also I will miss those great banner ads for Bathing Ape Sneakers.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?   Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Bapebanner

It's back for another year. popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?   Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where in the world is WWW.SWBFII.COM?
Page 1 of 1