The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

New Map Rotation!

Go down 
+4
PyroJockey
Mike
JJ'
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
8 posters
AuthorMessage
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:56 am

The map rotation has been changed.... again!

We added some more conquest maps to the rotation after many requests!
And the order was changed around to accommodate the extra maps.

The Conquest maps have a 30-min. limit and the reinforcements are 225.
The CTF maps are still 10 scores to win with No time limit....for now.

And the reinforcements were raised for the Space Assault maps to make them last longer when the server is is full! And I added one AI unit per team for those 2 maps. You won't even notice the AI unit there if the server has a lot of players. But if there's only a few active players, you'll probably find the stupid computer player standing in one spot or flying in a straight line. Or they just sit in a transport craft waiting to be an easy kill to help move the map along!

We added so much to the rotation that the only maps NOT on the rotation now are Felucia, Endor, Kamino, and Mygeeto. Every other map is there!

Tell us what you think...

Last edited by {Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
JJ'

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:02 am

Alright, well...in my opinion, there are too many vehicles in the maps. For example, Utapau, Yavin, Kashyyyk, Naboo can be fun, until the vehicles come out. If you don't play as a heavy, then you're almost certain to die. I'd say take vehicles out of as many maps as possible, then people will actually have to fight, like the game is meant to be played, I have a lot more fun in TD on servers where vehicle are usually absent from the maps, since each battle is a battle and not a slaughter from a noob in a vehicle. Again, just my opinion... Cool
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:25 am

I'd like to see a list of the new maps, then i'd have a better idea of my opinion. But, I mostly agree with JJ. I don't think there should be so many vehicles. Although the one map I think they a good thing on is Polis Massa CTF.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:46 am

When Panzers rolled out of the Ardennes in 1944 I don’t think the allies would have considered the Germans “noobs” for using armor. When M1 Abrams attacked the Republican Guard in Desert Storm I don’t think the Iraqis’ considered the Americans “noobs” either.

Some of us like vehicular homicide. Just because we do it well doesn't make us "noobs". We see a tactical advantage and we exploit it. Tank battles require different strategies than pure infantry, but that's the point. Solo infantry against armor is not a good idea. You have to adapt your tactics to the situation. (I do enjoy tank busting and slicing just as well.)
Back to top Go down
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
JJ'

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:01 am

Personally, I like to play as different units than rocket, like sniper on Kashyyyk, or engie on Utapau and Yavin. I was on Kashyyyk a few days ago playing sniper, and all some people were doing were mining up the speeder bikes and ramming into the other team. Plus, too many people spawn camp with vehicles. Playing without vehicles lets everybody play as the class they want to play without fear of a tank coming their way, leaving them defenseless unless they play rocket. I'm already getting bored of every open conquest map having vehicles, and I'll probably just leave the server and go play td on more I guess.

The only maps in the rotation that might need vehicles in my opinion are Geonosis CTF, since the map is very large, and maybe Polis Massa CTF, since you can stay inside if you don't like vehicles.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:27 am

I guess I should mention that anti-tank warfare is much more fun when the det-packs have been modded to kill tanks just like a mine. (increased the vehicle scale damage property) I can take out 2 with one blast if I toss it just right. Wink

I always thought it was unfair that the mines had a bigger bang while the det-pack is significantly larger in size, so I corrected the situation in my server. Naboo plays much better now.
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:27 pm

So we've got Kamino? cheers Now all we need is Mygeeto.

Good point Pyro. I'm fine with leaving tanks on Geo and Polis, but that's pretty much it. Neutral

BTW, where is the new list?

Last edited by Bouncer on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:39 pm

Haha yea never put Endor and Felucia on the rotation...no one likes those maps. Mygeeto, on the other hand, is actually a very popular map.....without tanks of course. Tanks are just a nuisance in this game. They take the fun out of Utapau, Mygeeto, Naboo, etc......

Kashyyyk can be a fun map if u like to play sniper. If u dont and u are facing good snipers on the other team, than it probably gets really annoying for you.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:38 am

Bouncer wrote:
So we've got Kamino? cheers Now all we need is Mygeeto.

Good point Pyro. I'm fine with leaving tanks on Geo and Polis, but that's pretty much it. Neutral

BTW, where is the new list? The one up on this page isn't up-to-date.

Sorry about that. Forgot about Kamino. That is one of the maps NOT in the new rotation.

We tried Kamino CTF a few months back. It was even a modded version where you could capture some of the Command Posts. One of the CPs being right where the flag spawns in at! I thought it would be popular, but it was a server-killer. We'd go from 24/24 players to 10/24 after the first 2 minutes of that map! omg
Kamino might be OK in Conquest mode, but there's already a gang of conquest maps now.
If we add anymore conquest maps, it'd probably be Kamino and Mygeeto. But not right now. I'm not a big fan of either of those maps in Conquest or CTF.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:00 pm

JJ' wrote:
Personally, I like to play as different units than rocket, like sniper on Kashyyyk, or engie on Utapau and Yavin. I was on Kashyyyk a few days ago playing sniper, and all some people were doing were mining up the speeder bikes and ramming into the other team. Plus, too many people spawn camp with vehicles. Playing without vehicles lets everybody play as the class they want to play without fear of a tank coming their way, leaving them defenseless unless they play rocket. I'm already getting bored of every open conquest map having vehicles, and I'll probably just leave the server and go play td on more I guess.

The only maps in the rotation that might need vehicles in my opinion are Geonosis CTF, since the map is very large, and maybe Polis Massa CTF, since you can stay inside if you don't like vehicles.

So, the only problem with the new rotation is the tanks? Shoot, that's an easy fix.

Well like you said, the tanks should stay on Geonosis. The spider-droids and hellfire-tanks are a part of that map. But I'll remove the tanks from every other map. They lag the server too much anyways. And I like to snipe on Kashyyyk as well. Usually just stand in the water plucking off the enemy, but a jerk in a tank would always get me. So, I definitely see your point.

And just to let y'all know Polis Massa will NEVER have tanks again! You can thank all the glitchers for that one. The last time I played Polis Massa with tanks, I spent more than 80% of that map booting people for bringing the tanks inside and hiding in the floors and walls getting cheap kills. I think I only got to play 2 lives in over 20 minutes cuzz I was constantly going to the computer to boot those cheaters! As a matter of fact, I think I finally got fed-up and just sent it to the next map and then removed the tanks right away.
tirade pissed

So other than too many tanks, does the new rotation look good guys?
Back to top Go down
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
JJ'

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Looks good to me Cool .
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:41 pm

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
And I like to snipe on Kashyyyk as well. Usually just stand in the water plucking off the enemy, but a jerk in a tank would always get me.

lol! That's hilarious. I played Engineer on Kashyyyk and a sniper in the water kept plucking me off, so since he was out of shotgun and det-pack range, I hopped in a tank and got him.

Different players, different server, same situation from a different perspective.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Yeah, I see your point too. hehe If someone is sniping you and you wanna deal with 'em right away jumping in a tank and runnin them down is the best way! But it did kinda force me to stop using a sniper when that would happen.

I guess I never really had that much of a problem with the tanks cuzz I use a heavy so much. I own the tanks when I'm the Rocket-Man! Rocket

Well, I uploaded the modded tankless maps for Utapau, Yavin, Kashyyyk, and Naboo.
Polis Massa already had them removed and I kept the tanks in Geonosis.

Happy Hunting!
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:23 pm

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
I guess I never really had that much of a problem with the tanks cuzz I use a heavy so much. I own the tanks when I'm the Rocket-Man! Rocket

The proper tool for the proper job! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Grunt
Grunt
{Delta}

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:41 am

On SWBF1 - tanks weren't as cheap - they were slower and far easier to kill and hide from with the obstacles in maps. SWBF2 is too wide open, I'm with JJ'. Whenever I'm in Arena and I see a tank map, I leave. Hoth would be the only map I'm ok with tanks because they are slow or flying. Also, for all of our sake - put a damn CTF timer on.

Also I'd like Team Damage On...but I don't think that's going to change.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:03 pm

lol i definetly c jj's point but ima so miss those tanks lol no more tank buster 4 me lol on kysyyyk id especially love em cuz i put the mines n the water where the tanks go over and i almost always get damage increase lol well wanna try to get tanks on polis again and c how it goes? cuz i never noticed em glitch b4 lol

hmm as far as the rotation goes its good tho mayb a few 2 many con maps but i dont mind so much lol
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Well, I changed my mind on the tanks. innocent
As much as I like using a sniper on Kashyyyk (which is not "that" much), I'd prefer to actually have fun on that map! Cool I played it without the tanks and that reminded me why I put them in that map in the first place. Oh my God, that map is friggin boring without the tanks! No

So, the tanks are back in for Kashyyyk, Naboo, Utapau, and Yavin. AT-ST

It'll suck if 2 or 3 players leave the server for those maps cuzz they don't like tanks.
But it really sucks that the server loses over 10 players when they figure out that there's no tanks and they're gonna have to carry the flag 1,000 yards thru sniper-fire! Evil or Very Mad
Sniper

And I'm not liking the last part of the 1st rotation. Geonosis needs to be Conquest. CTF for that map is painfully boring. And I didn't really like Mustafar Conquest. The whole time that map was going I just kept thinking "Man, I hope this ends soon so the server doesn't lose many more players." And the rotation is too long - I want it to get back to Death Star and Tantive quicker.

So, I got a little more work to do in shaving off some more "less-fun" maps....
Back to top Go down
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
JJ'

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:27 pm

I can see why for Kashyyyk, maybe Yavin, but for Utapau and Naboo? Those maps have too narrow paths for tanks, especially Utapau. Sorry but I'm just gonna have to leave for those maps if there's tanks.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:46 pm

yay tanks bak too! lol yeah i thought the rotation was too long to lol and i mustafar con was one of the maps i didnt like either lol bummer jj but if u snipe from the ledges u can avoid the tanks lol or stick around when im on ur team those tanks will neva reach u mhu hahaha
AT-ST Rocket
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:32 pm

Tanks prowling down the streets of Naboo is the definitive example of urban combat. Lots of archways and vestibules to lay in wait to ambush tanks. Reminiscent of the battle for Berlin. It's classical, and as I recall, there were tanks and armed speeders skirmishing in the streets of Naboo in Episode I.

I like bustin' tanks just as much as drivin' them.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

New Map Rotation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map Rotation!   New Map Rotation! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:00 pm

Map Mode Era
+ Death Star CTF Clone Wars
+ Tantive IV CTF Galactic Civil War
+ Mos Eisley Conquest Clone Wars
- Coruscant CTF Galactic Civil War
- Mustafar CTF Clone Wars
= Yavin 4 Conquest Galactic Civil War
+Utapau CTF Clone Wars
- Jabba's Palace CTF Galactic Civil War
- Coruscant Conquest Clone Wars
+ Mos Eisley CTF Galactic Civil War
- Dagobah CTF Clone Wars