The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Polis Massa?

Go down 
+3
PyroJockey
VASH
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Polis Massa CTF?
Leave Polis Massa the way that it is!
Polis Massa? I_vote_lcap50%Polis Massa? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Remove the tanks
Polis Massa? I_vote_lcap0%Polis Massa? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Leave tanks in but make it so everyone dies when they go outside (default settings for map)
Polis Massa? I_vote_lcap20%Polis Massa? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Remove tanks and make it so everyone dies outside. The fighting stays inside that way!
Polis Massa? I_vote_lcap0%Polis Massa? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Replace Polis Massa CTF with another map: Naboo CTF or Dagobah CTF
Polis Massa? I_vote_lcap30%Polis Massa? I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:46 am

Well... from reading all the posts, it looks like Polis Massa CTF isn't all that popular. I really don't know why. Has narrow hallways like Tantive - good for rockets, mines, and detpacks! Grunt Rocket
Plus, I made it so you can go outside in the vacuum of space and take on the grunts and snipers in some intense outdoor battle! Sniper
I even put the tanks back in to try to liven it up a little.

It cracks me up when people say the flags are too far apart. Like it's easier to score on Death Star?? I've never seen PM take 3 hours! Shocked But I digress....

This is America. So, let's put it to a vote! cheers

Here's the options for the poll up above:

1. Leave Polis Massa the way that it is (everyone can go outside and there's tanks).
2. Remove tanks but everyone can still go outside
3. Leave tanks in but make it so everyone dies when they go outside (default settings for map)
4. Remove tanks and make it so everyone dies outside. The fighting stays inside that way!
5. Replace Polis Massa CTF with Naboo CTF or Dagobah CTF

If you choose #5 tell me in post which map you want!
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:52 pm

wow thats a tough call i wanted to vote for what i thought the majority of players would like but the problem with that is i dont gots a clue what they like lol so i went with what i liked lol i think it good the way it is if everybody die outside it would take 4ever lol the tanks r a nice touch and if we added naboo ppl would leave again lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:39 pm

Are you aware there are 2 blast doors hidden beneath the floor on Polis Massa? I’ve been trying to figure out if I can make them operational. They would raise to seal off the 2 doorways that connect the northwest airlock/hangar to the hallway where CP1 is during conquest. That would make an interesting variant but I have been unable to locate any LUA code for them in the .lvl files.

Any ideas?

(Addendum: none of the other airlock/hangers have these doors.)
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:29 pm

i really dont like polis massa,for one reason,i am always on the opposite team of ace and who and if their side gets control over that first command post,then they can recon to destroy you,and you cant go from the back command post hardly because there are snipers up there on the hills,and when you get to the other team's flag point there will probably be a lot of people spawning in there so they can kill you
i think polis massa should be taken out and should replace it with maybe...naboo ctf
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:44 pm

PyroJockey wrote:
Are you aware there are 2 blast doors hidden beneath the floor on Polis Massa? I’ve been trying to figure out if I can make them operational. They would raise to seal off the 2 doorways that connect the northwest airlock/hangar to the hallway where CP1 is during conquest. That would make an interesting variant but I have been unable to locate any LUA code for them in the .lvl files.

Any ideas?

(Addendum: none of the other airlock/hangers have these doors.)
cool i didnt kno that lol but i did notice somethin in the center lol it looks like a control panal on the map and it reminded me of the one on naboo when u blow it up u get fireworks lol and me ace hugh and i think dx were all trying to blow it up but we couldnt lol do u kno what it does pyro?
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:47 pm

i didnt know there wre 2 blast doors either
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:56 pm

VASH wrote:
i did notice somethin in the center lol it looks like a control panal on the map and it reminded me of the one on naboo when u blow it up u get fireworks lol and me ace hugh and i think dx were all trying to blow it up but we couldnt lol do u kno what it does pyro?

No idea, but I'll check it out. Laughing
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:59 pm

thanks! lol im guessin it underground so if u take off leaving battle field thing and give urself infinite jetpack u might b able to find it lol but thats just a guess lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:13 pm

VASH wrote:
thanks! lol im guessin it underground so if u take off leaving battle field thing and give urself infinite jetpack u might b able to find it lol but thats just a guess lol

Funny you should mention that. Polis Massa is the one map I am unable to turn off the death clock for leaving the battlefield (at least not yet). I can do it with Cheat Engine but there is an immense distance to traverse before you reach the end of the terrain. (Oh the tank battles we could have out there)

However there are several places you can fall through the terrain with a jet trooper within the level, the easiest is the conical depression in the center of the circular building (I did have to turn off the death region first). You can then freely fly around under the terrain.

Now that I think about it, there is a stack of crates just floating under the terrain, perhaps that is what you saw on the map. They are under the “no man’s land” outside the compound. I’ll check it out tonight, or you can drop in my server when Polis Massa is running and check it out yourself.

By the way, that’s how I found the blast doors. Wink
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:19 pm

cool! thanks pyro lol i wish i had time to check it out lol (i technically dont have time to do this lol but ima lazy procratinator lol) (they say acknowledgeing ur faults is the 1st step to success but nobody ever tells u whats after that XP lol)
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:42 am

VASH wrote:
cool i didnt kno that lol but i did notice somethin in the center lol it looks like a control panal on the map and it reminded me of the one on naboo when u blow it up u get fireworks lol and me ace hugh and i think dx were all trying to blow it up but we couldnt lol do u kno what it does pyro?

I took a peek under Polis Massa's skirt last night, saw the floating boxes near the suspect object on the map but not at the exact same location.

If it's a trigger I don't know what for. I think there is a rumble region near there but they don't show on the maps (well not usually).

The object on Naboo that triggers the fireworks is actually a "shrub".

[GameObjectClass]
ClassLabel = "destructablebuilding"
GeometryName = "nab_prop_shrub1.msh"

[Properties]
MapScale = "1"
GeometryName = "nab_prop_shrub1"
ExplosionName = "nab_prop_fireworks_exp"
MaxHealth = 10
HideHealthBar = 1

[ExplosionClass]
ClassLabel = "explosion"

[Properties]
LifeSpan = "1.0"
Damage = "0.0"
DamageRadius = "0.0"
Shake = "0.0"
ShakeRadius = "0.0"
Effect = "nab_fireworks"
ArmorScale = "1.0"
HealthScale = "1.0"
ShieldScale = "1.0"

Kind of the SWBF2 equivilent of the burning bush

I didn't find anything similar for Polis Massa, but then I'm not sure what I'd be looking for. I did see an explosion class named "pol1_prop_asteroid_exp" but didn't see any triggers for it. Blow up the whole asteroid?
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:11 pm

[I didn't find anything similar for Polis Massa, but then I'm not sure what I'd be looking for. I did see an explosion class named "pol1_prop_asteroid_exp" but didn't see any triggers for it. Blow up the whole asteroid?[/quote]

hahahhahahahah big fireworks XD roflmao maybe the answers will b reveled 1 day lol hmmm here a thought y not directly axk game devolpers they can even teach how to mod everything right? there might b sum way to contact them right? oy i broke the quote button trying to save space x.x lol
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:39 pm

pyro i love the infinite jetbak!!!! well i tried lookin under there but no dice lol but it was really cool! lol thanks for that XD
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:03 pm

yeah and with the dark trooper you can go around a whole lot faster because he can not stop,unless you make him
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:44 pm

{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:
YAY,me like fireworks Grunt Rocket Sniper Flame Thrower popcorn

ME TOO! My son and I were trying to figure out how to get infinate fireworks. Currently, when they're done, "that's all folks".
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:14 pm

hahahaha looney tunes lol classic XD yeah itd b cool if ya can figure it out lol until then we just wait for next naboo map lol
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 3:50 pm

the looney tunes are awesome,but they hardly come on anymore
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:43 pm

sigh dont remind me x.x
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:20 pm

yeah it sucks thumbs down
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:07 pm

we need polis massa twice! sho'nuff got me likeing that stage i hardly played it in the past. it is oneof those lots of kills maps like deathstar,tantive 4,jabba palace i like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:14 pm

or die alot laugh
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:05 pm

VASH wrote:
i did notice somethin in the center lol it looks like a control panal on the map and it reminded me of the one on naboo when u blow it up u get fireworks lol and me ace hugh and i think dx were all trying to blow it up but we couldnt lol do u kno what it does pyro?

@VASH, The mystery patch in the center of Polis Massa is a "rumble effect"

[GameObjectClass]

ClassLabel ="rumbleeffect"
GeometryName ="editor_grasspatch.msh"

[Properties]

MinLight = "1.0"
MaxLight = "1.0"

MinHeavy = "0.1"
MaxHeavy = "1.0"

MinHeavyDecay = ".5"
MaxHeavyDecay = ".5"

MinLightDecay = "1.0"
MaxLightDecay = "1.0"

MinDelayLight = "0.0"
MaxDelayLight = "0.0"

MinDelayHeavy = "0.0"
MaxDelayHeavy = "0.0"

MinTimeLeftHeavy = "0.1" //how long each rumble lasts
MaxTimeLeftHeavy = "0.75" //how long each rumble lasts

MinTimeLeftLight = "0.25"
MaxTimeLeftLight = "1.0"

MinInterval = "2.0" //how often the rumble gets set off
MaxInterval = "15.0" //how often the rumble gets set off

MinShakeAmt = "0.2"
MaxShakeAmt = "1.0"

MinShakeLen = "0.1" //Camera shake length
MaxShakeLen = "0.75" //Camera shake length

SoundName = "hoth_rumble" //is read in, triggers the sound at the center
FXName = "" //commented out for now
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:42 pm

cool!!!! i knew u'd figure it out pyro!! thanks! lol
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:02 pm

he can figure out anything king
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 pm

{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:
he can figure out anything king

Not really. I can't figure out how to get them @#$% dark and jet troopers in space, but that's another thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Polis Massa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polis Massa?   Polis Massa? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Polis Massa?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: General-
Jump to: