The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Patches, patches and more patches?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Natedaug
Rookie
Rookie
Natedaug

Patches, patches and more patches? Empty
PostSubject: Patches, patches and more patches?   Patches, patches and more patches? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 6:42 pm

So... I go to plat swbf2 online today and I get this thing saying I must download this patch to continue. Ok then, restart... Oh download another? Ok...

So it continues to say I need to downloads this new patch..Im on 30? Maybe more.

Whats up with this?
Should I just continue? Am I even doing it right?
Yeah... Im not real knowledgeable bout this stuff.

*hopes someone is still active on forum*
Back to top Go down
Nac1234
Rookie
Rookie
Nac1234

PostSubject: Re: Patches, patches and more patches?   Patches, patches and more patches? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:53 pm

First off, welcome to The Star Wars Arena Forum!

The same thing has happend to me. The patch doesn't work Evil or Very Mad I had to manually change my DNS server address, to skip over the patch.

To change it, go to your Network Settings on your PS2. Then, select "Edit Setting", and select the one you want to edit. Scroll through all the settings until you reach the one that reads "DNS Server Address Setup". Set that setting to manual, and scroll to the next slide. It will now ask you to enter a "Primary DSN" The Code that I use that works is: "63", "144", "111", and "10". After that, set the other stuff to the way you already had it.

Now when you load up SWBFII online, it should skip right over the patch. If it happens again, just make a new internet setting, and type in the DNS Server Address.

I hope I'm not mistaken, but I'm pretty sure EazyE was the one to discover that.

Hope this helped! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Natedaug
Rookie
Rookie
Natedaug

PostSubject: Re: Patches, patches and more patches?   Patches, patches and more patches? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Cool beans man.
Peanut Butter Jelly

I was starting to get grumpy... now its better, Thanks!

What the heck is the patch thing supposed to be anyways?
Back to top Go down
Nac1234
Rookie
Rookie
Nac1234

PostSubject: Re: Patches, patches and more patches?   Patches, patches and more patches? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:13 am

Your welcome! Glad I could help cheers

All I really know about the patch, was that 2 years ago, I go to log on, and the patch was there. There was also thread about it on Lucasarts.com. If I remember correctly, it was concluded that Lusasarts didn't make the patch, and it was some sort of hack or glitch of some kind.

I'm really not the one to ask though, since I'm sure there are others that know far more about this than I do.
Back to top Go down
Natedaug
Rookie
Rookie
Natedaug

PostSubject: Re: Patches, patches and more patches?   Patches, patches and more patches? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:41 pm

I see.
Its funny I got it just a few days ago... I didnt just start playin online, Ive been for a several months now.

Anywho,
Peanut Butter Jelly

I can play again, Im happy.
Back to top Go down
Nac1234
Rookie
Rookie
Nac1234

PostSubject: Re: Patches, patches and more patches?   Patches, patches and more patches? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 am

Yeah, it happens to me at random times as well.

Every few months it seems, I am making a new connection setting. I don't mind though, as long as it works, I'm happy cheers

Great to have back, and in action thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Fancypants
Grunt
Grunt
Fancypants

PostSubject: Re: Patches, patches and more patches?   Patches, patches and more patches? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:39 am

hmmm... lucky me, I've never had to deal with that. afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patches, patches and more patches?   Patches, patches and more patches? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patches, patches and more patches?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: Star Wars Battlefront 2 :: General-
Jump to: