The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

What os do you use?

Go down 
4 posters

What os do you use?
Linux
What os do you use? I_vote_lcap20%What os do you use? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Mac
 20% [ 1 ]
Windows xp
 20% [ 1 ]
Windows vista
What os do you use? I_vote_lcap0%What os do you use? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Windows 7
What os do you use? I_vote_lcap40%What os do you use? I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

What os do you use? Empty
PostSubject: What os do you use?   What os do you use? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:43 am

Hey, I'm back! I strayed from star wars for a while, but I thought since i'm on break i might as well play around with some old games. Well, while i was "away", my os crashed and i did an entirely wiped the drive. I installed ubuntu and got most of my old features back, but it was one heck of a learning experience! All these terminal commands never will leave my head... anyway... I was wondering what the majority of the users here us as an os. I suspect xp but i could be wrong, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

PostSubject: Re: What os do you use?   What os do you use? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:07 am

Well I just put in the what will most likely be, the only vote Mac will get haha. After playing on this game so long, and being around on the community sites, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that most of the people who play this game use some form of Windows. That's part of the reason why it took so long for me to get the SWBF2 server manager and remote manager working on my Macbook, I had no one else in the community to ask for advice really. Macs are great, but when it comes to gaming and other related things, there's usually a lot of compatibility issues.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: What os do you use?   What os do you use? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 am

I'm running Windows XP 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit. I no longer have any Vista machines but I do have a Windows 98 machine I use for older Windows games and DOS games. I also use the DOSBOX emulator.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: What os do you use?   What os do you use? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:23 pm

I liked Windows XP the best. But my new machines need Win7.
It's OK I guess. It kinda seems like they're dumming it down for the "Yes We Can!" iPod generation tho.
The MS sales reps I talk to even confirmed that the newest version of Windows will be like an iPhone or Android: just big pretty icons to click on.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: What os do you use?   What os do you use? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:05 pm

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:

The MS sales reps I talk to even confirmed that the newest version of Windows will be like an iPhone or Android: just big pretty icons to click on.
Rolling Eyes

Windows 8, right? I saw the demo for it, and im not impressed by it at all. It seems they made windows 8 to look like a tablet os. Im wondering how the gaming will be on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What os do you use?   What os do you use? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What os do you use?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: Milky Way Galaxy :: General-
Jump to: