The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Trolling....REALLY?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

Trolling....REALLY? Empty
PostSubject: Trolling....REALLY?   Trolling....REALLY? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Pyrojockey, I've defended you left and right on .com. And you dare say I'm trolling here? You were responding to my post with something that had absolutely NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about. And yet you continue to go on and on lol Dude, seriously? You obviously dont know what "trolling" means.
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Trolling....REALLY?   Trolling....REALLY? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Quote :
You have a false impression that this is a simple change. If HEX (Hexadecimal base 16) editing was simple then more people would be doing it.

Here's an example, all of the addresses for unlocking classes are preceded by four bytes "63 24 4B 71" (Looks like "c$Kq" in plain ASCII text)

Locate the 4 bytes that precede the value for one instance of the Bothan in the excerpt of the all.lvl file
It is simple. Back in 2007 I figured out how to remove tanks, change point unlocks, modify weapon damage, modify player speed, allow players to land anywhere in space maps, etc by just trial and error in a pretty short period of time. After I publicly released the first set of mods in May of 2008 the modding "scene" on the PS2 ballooned from there. In fact, if I am not mistaken the current Hoth and Kamino maps used in Arena are in fact my "Super Hoth" and "Super Kamino" mods.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Trolling....REALLY?   Trolling....REALLY? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:59 pm

It must be relatively easy. When this game was heavy there used to be like 6-7 servers running modded and full of people playing with all kinds of different mods. Thats why I wasn't really impressed with what Pyrojockey wrote. I dont know what his problem is. lol

And I can vouch for SG17 on what he's saying. I kinda miss the old site man, SB was kinda cool. Except for doc holliday, I dont know wtf his problem was. He always seemed to have a something up his bunghole lol Specially with me going back to .com
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Trolling....REALLY?   Trolling....REALLY? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:16 am

@AURORUS,

I just don't think we speak the same language. It's like I'm talking hex and you're talking octal, let's leave it at that. scratch Trolling comment rescinded.

Regardless it was time to close that thread. It would have been appropriate if Sho or Hugh posted there that the changes were implemented. The mods seem quite popular, the Arena is currently full and OFFICIAL SERVER is all but empty. Sweet. thumbs up

@SG-17,

Greetings.

I was expecting to see your trademark Michael Shank's "ascended Daniel" avatar.

As for hex editing being easy, In general everything is easy once somebody shows you how it's done. You broke the ice on that. All of the zany mods in my server are based on the groundwork you laid down.

Thanks for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Trolling....REALLY?   Trolling....REALLY? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 am

I had already posted informing that the changes were done. jazzhands And it was already announced on apoc's page on gametracker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trolling....REALLY?   Trolling....REALLY? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trolling....REALLY?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: General-
Jump to: