The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Server Manager and Remote Manager on Mac OS X

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

Server Manager and Remote Manager on Mac OS X Empty
PostSubject: Server Manager and Remote Manager on Mac OS X   Server Manager and Remote Manager on Mac OS X Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:14 pm

I have finally, after four years, realized how to get the SWBF2 Remote manager and Server Manger for PS2 to work on my Macbook. I haven't been trying for that long, because I sort of gave up once I heard it was an .exe file, which only work on Windows. I also stopped trying because out of each new player I met, none of them had a Mac or knew how to solve the problem.

Anyways, on to the solution...
I found this application called Crossover Games, which allows many Windows only games to run on Mac. I figured that if those games were also .exe files, then this would have a chance to work too. And sure enough I downloaded what I needed and I was able to put up a server last night. If anyone wants help trying to run a server from their Mac (although after talking to everyone I don't think any of you have a Mac anyway) feel free to reply to this topic or send me a message, and I'll go into more detail about what to do.

If only I knew about this four years ago. I can't even count the number of times where someone couldn't have a clan battle or scrimmage because no one was online that had remote access to a paid server.

Also, I need to give a shoutout to {STR}Snowfox. She is the only other player I have met with a Mac, and I believe she is the first one to actually get this working properly. She suggested to me that I should use a program called Wine in order to get it to work, and although Wine didn't work on my computer to run a server, that idea eventually led to me finding out about Crossover Games, which did work. So thank you.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Server Manager and Remote Manager on Mac OS X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Manager and Remote Manager on Mac OS X   Server Manager and Remote Manager on Mac OS X Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Nice find Mike. I'm a PC not a MAC, but I know many gamers that use MACs (mostly for Descent Wink ). Bort900 who maintains our server hardware is a MAC too. Feel free to post the details, there may be other MACs out there who cold use it.
Back to top Go down

Server Manager and Remote Manager on Mac OS X
Page 1 of 1