The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Grunts Only

Go down 
+2
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX
PyroJockey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:31 pm

{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX wrote:
I wish there was a way to mod both maps to grunts only even when heroes are out if you picked one you'd still be a grunt. I highly doubt there's a way to do that for those two maps by themselves without it doing it to the whole server though.......

Well it can be done, but I think you will be in the minority. I think most people like them as they are.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Unfortunately, you're right bro. I'd be the only one getting any kills except for Grizz if we did that for those two maps alone. lol
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:03 am

PyroJockey wrote:
Well it can be done, but I think you will be in the minority. I think most people like them as they are.

wait you can do that and it wouldnt change the other maps? if so i a have a map or two that i would try that out on that arent in the main rotation. like kamino grunts only that way the good snipers dont chase players out of servers which happens on sniper maps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 am

GRIZZ wrote:
PyroJockey wrote:

wait you can do that and it wouldnt change the other maps? if so i a have a map or two that i would try that out on that arent in the main rotation. like kamino grunts only that way the good snipers dont chase players out of servers which happens on sniper maps.

Sure, you overwrite the undesired classes in the mission file for that map and only the desired ones spawn regardless of what you choose. This is based on MERC-J's classes and that's basically what I did for my "Mandalorians vs Jedi" mod for Kamino Clone Wars conquest. I have that map in the regular rotation in the Glitching server and it affects no others.
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:31 pm

That would be pretty cool. Just have all grunts for one map. Just make sure that map is in the galatic civil war era. The Empire and Rebels grunts are on a even playing field, whereas the CIS and Republic grunts are not.
Back to top Go down
Nac1234
Rookie
Rookie
Nac1234

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:04 am

That would be really fun.

All grunts for one map.

I never see kamino online.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:49 am

KillaK wrote:
That would be pretty cool. Just have all grunts for one map. Just make sure that map is in the galatic civil war era. The Empire and Rebels grunts are on a even playing field, whereas the CIS and Republic grunts are not.
we could do kashyyykk grunts only that sounds fun but no tanks or speeders to make it well rounded since there wouldnt be mines
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:56 pm

GRIZZ wrote:
we could do kashyyykk grunts only that sounds fun but no tanks or speeders to make it well rounded since there wouldnt be mines

Kashyyyk might be a good choice since there would be no engineers to fix ammo and health droids. There are the hidden ammo and health droids on Kashyyyk. They're not on the map and they cannot be destroyed, but you do have to know where to stand and that spot would be prime real estate to defend. Very Happy

Grunts Only Kash
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:23 pm

i know where they are and one time in pyros server i was playing 1vs1 on kashyyykk. i was the rebs and i was the rocket and just stayed in the hut by the invisible droids just launching the no reload rockets. this guy tried sniping,rockets even hero and setting me on fire but he could not kill me! hehe the combo of the invisible droids and the no reload rockets where brutal!
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:47 pm

GRIZZ wrote:
the hut by the invisible droids

Actually they are below the floor, I've seen them. (Glitched in the base of the platform with a Droideka and looked up). It also happens to be the center of the map, good kill zone.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:01 pm

I think both Kashyyk and Kamino would be great grunts only maps but only if you use Galactic Civil War era though. I agree with Killak about the republic and droid grunts being un-evenly matched. If this mod is done though, please keep it capture the flag instead of gay ass conquest. lol
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Is there a way to mod the space Ctf to add the eras marines instead of only being forced to use pilots by any chance?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Is there a way to mod the space Ctf to add the eras marines instead of only being forced to use pilots by any chance?

No.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:39 pm

PyroJockey wrote:

No.

Well, don't dance around the issue. Just answer the question! Razz

On a sorta related note. I didn't even notice that the Space CTFs were modded on the Arena till I went into the shield room on the enemy ship and fell thru into empty space! confused
I guess the door was supposed to be locked. grn-lol
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:08 am

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
I didn't even notice that the Space CTFs were modded on the Arena till I went into the shield room on the enemy ship and fell thru into empty space! confused
I guess the door was supposed to be locked. grn-lol

Yes they are supposed to be locked by default, have the blinking red lights above the doors in CTF. I've unlocked most of them. In some maps they have the complete interiors. On others some parts are missing. And in others, as you found out, the whole room is gone. Those I kept locked.

I don't usually run CTF Space maps for 2 reasons. There's a bug with the land anywhere mod where you cannot grab the flag. I happen to like the land anywhere mod. Also I've found that any player can easily crash the server in a CTF space map. I don't know if it's common knowledge how to do this and I'm not the one who's going to make it so.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:26 am

I was thinking, how would it sound if we modded grunts only for Tantive 4 and Jabbas Palace too? But only the GCW era though for Tantive and Jabba's.. The Republic era wouldn't be fair to the CIs players due to them not having much fire power.

Also on a side note, isn't it time to update the map rotation? What if we brought back Felucia CtF and another popluar CtF map that all seem to like. I was thinking maybe Dogabah CtF if it won't affect the server any that's if anyone else agrees with me on those two CTF maps. lol Also for those two maps, minus the heros, I think both would be awesome as grunts only as well. I'd love to have a grunts only Kayshyyk GCW era, and Dogabah CTF grunts only GCW era instead of Felucia and Yavin 4 or Geonosis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grunts Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunts Only   Grunts Only Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grunts Only
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: Modifications-
Jump to: