The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Download Mods

Go down 
+10
PyroJockey
slayer
ACE
{DSB}Mewtwo
eagle22
VASH
{501st}CL.Lonewolf
SWBFNetworks
dx
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

Download Mods - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:10 am

Some mods are for the PC version of battlefront only.

Last edited by ACE on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:51 am

No, i didn't download the mods, I hex editided them. What i'm trying to do is get the jettrooper to have unlimited jetpack fuel and for the heavy trooper to have faster reloading time. I know it works because i've played it on a server before.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:51 am

Since you server didn't crash because of the mod's, I am guessing you only modded the value in one place. There can be variations of the classes (i.e. Episode 2 clones and Episode 3 clones) and each variation requires it's own definition in the lvl file. I'm also guessing that the map you tested the mod for did not use that particular variant. If you search the rep.lvl file you will find the jet trooper is defined in 5 places. If you search this forum for "infinite jetpack" you will find this previous post on the subject. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:30 pm

First off, thanks for the infinite jetpack mod. Second, on what you said on the episode 2 and 3 clones, it isn't true for me. I looked and I only needed to mode the base of them, which was the default. Anyway, how do you decrease the reload time for the rocketeer? Finally, do you have to reload the files onto the server or does it do that at start-up?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:46 pm

rick100 wrote:
on what you said on the episode 2 and 3 clones, it isn't true for me. I looked and I only needed to mode the base of them, which was the default.

I don't think so. How many edits did you have to make?

There is a separate rep_inf_default_jettrooper for rep_inf_ep2_jettrooper, rep_inf_ep3_jettrooper, rep_inf_ep2_jettrooper_training, rep_inf_ep2_jettrooper_rifleman and rep_inf_ep2_jettrooper_sniper.

WARNING: TECHNOBABBLE TO FOLLOW!
>>>> DANGER <<<<

It helps to have an understanding of object oriented programming and inheritance of properties. You need to learn to follow the inheritance path. Using the Episode 2 Jettrooper as an example.

Starting with the final ODF file going backwards

"rep_inf_ep2_jettrooper.odf" points to "rep_inf_default_jettrooper" as its base.

"rep_inf_default_jettrooper.odf" point to "rep_inf_default" as its base.

"rep_inf_default.odf" points to "com_inf_default" as its base.

"com_inf_default.odf" points to "soldier" as its base, and that's as far as you can go.

If you cannot find the value you are seeking in one ODF file, look to it's base.

Also duplicate properties in a later ODF file will override those set in an earlier one. That's why the snipers are faster and the rocketeers are slower that the default infantry.

rick100 wrote:
how do you decrease the reload time for the rocketeer?

I don't want to sound like a parent or a teacher, but you need to learn to look these up in the ODF files. This is a fairly easy one in that the reload time is clearly labeled in the ODF files. Then it's a matter of finding the values in the lvl file and reducing them. As you are going through the ODF files you may see something else you would like to try modding (I find new stuff all the time). Beware of setting values like reload time to zero, sometimes zero values will freeze the PS2. It's all trial and error.

rick100 wrote:
Finally, do you have to reload the files onto the server or does it do that at start-up?

The lvl files are loaded when you start a new map or restart the existing one.

Last edited by PyroJockey on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Thank you SO much! I would never get this otherwise.
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm having a little trouble. You said that the base is at com_inf_default. Well, i don't have that . The farthest it goes is to rep_inf_default. And i just tried the jettrooper infinite jetpack mod and the jetpack only had limited fuel. I c still think i have to reload the files on the star wars battlefront ps2 server.
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:41 pm

My server has a problem. It wont let me use the Admin on the server manager to change maps, boot players, or post admin messages does anyone know how to fix?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Not sure, could be you're using the wrong port. Is this the actual server manager or the remote server manager? Is this a new problem or did you always have this?
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Its the same port its always been and its the server manager not the remote. And it worked just fine a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Are you running anti-virus? If so, test it with the anti-virus temporarily disabled. I know Symantec hates my server manager (that's why I use Avast).
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:21 pm

hey, i use avast to.
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:54 pm

It works now thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:04 pm

new problem... it wont show up on any of the server lists now No
Back to top Go down
rick100
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
rick100

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 8:20 pm

are you making sure that your not running it on lan?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 8:35 pm

It sounds like your internet security has been updated and you're not getting through the firewall/router. You will probably need to forward some ports Check page 6 of the server managers users guide for the GameSpy ports.

Can't help with the actual forwarding, all routers are different. Google you router make and model and look for "port forwarding" or contact your ISP.

Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:23 pm

I added a new downloadable mod: PyroJockey's server region mod!
I added in the 4 extra lines of code to the default PlayerMenu.cfg file.

You should know what this mod does by now...
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Perhaps this thread should be a sticky?
Back to top Go down
Michael
Rookie
Rookie
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:01 pm

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:

Download Pre-Made Mods and Tools

Mod
Description
Server Region mod (PyroJockey) Change your server's region between North America, Europe, or Japan while it is running and has players from any region currently playing!
HEROs Only (MERC-J) All selectable classes are changed to the map's Hero or Villain
MERC-J's Classes Has several different mods that will change around the classes
(ex. choose Grunt - get a Special)
Super Troopers v1.00 (Higgins) Rockets and Snipers have extra Health and Speed, Wookies have extra Health and Speed
Points for Specials (SG-17) Points to unlock Specials changed from:
8 & 12 to 20 & 40
Negatives for Points (Grymm) Various TeamKill negatives will generate Positive points instead
Tankless Maps (SG-17) Tanks are removed from these maps
No Space Walking on Polis Massa (MERC-J) Everyone (including Droids) dies REALLY fast outside on the asteroids surface
No Space Walking and No Tanks on Polis Massa (MERC-J/SG-17) Same as above plus Tanks are removed from map
Space Walking on Polis Massa Everyone (not just Droids) can go outside without losing health
Space Walking and No Tanks on Polis Massa (SG-17) Same as above plus Tanks are removed from map
Super Hoth (SG-17) CTF/Conquest. Hoth CTF has CPs that can be captured!
Plus, an extra CP in Hoth conquest and Death Star conquest!
And land anywhere outside on Space Yavin!
Super Kamino CTF/Conquest. Kamino CTF has CPs that can be captured!
No other mods added to this one.
Super Hoth (SG-17) and Super Kamino All of SG-17's Super Hoth mod with Super Kamino added onto it
DeathStarWeapon-mod (`Evolution) The "death regions" are removed from Death Star
(you can't die from falling off from ANYthing)

Modding Tool
Description
ODF's and more (Grymm) Tutorials and Code values for modding ODFs
Charactor Guide Code values for all Characters
HexGuide Tutorial and Code values for modding Characters
Activating CPs tutorial A "How-to" on activating Command Posts
Points for Specials tutorial How to change the amount of points that unlock Specials
More Mods! Link to HUNDREDS of mods on FileFront.com (90% is for PC version though)
Backup of All Files These are all the default files in the _LVL_PC folder (files you mod)
Links are broken, I've had some of these years ago but I deleted my server manager and all swbf2 mods with it,would it be a bother to re-upload "positive points" and maybe some others?
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:51 am

oops. Forgot to change the links when I changed the files from .rars to .zips

The all work now except the big backup one. That file is too big. The hosting sites keep deleting it. Kill Your PC
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
Michael
Rookie
Rookie
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:47 am

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
oops. Forgot to change the links when I changed the files from .rars to .zips

The all work now except the big backup one. That file is too big. The hosting sites keep deleting it. Kill Your PC
thanks I appreciate it
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:31 pm

I remember making those...

Also you've forgot one: No Turrets.

All turret emplacements are disabled and can't be built or used.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20566893/NoTurrets_zip
Back to top Go down
Michael
Rookie
Rookie
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:50 am

that's nice but wouldn't it be better combined with tankless maps?
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:03 pm

No. I made it a while after making the Tankless maps and plus it is a SIDE file edit and not a MAP file edit.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Rookie
Rookie
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Download Mods   Download Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:16 am

yes I'm aware of that, I meant including it in tankless maps mod file(rar) I'm sure it would come handy
Back to top Go down

Download Mods
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next