The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

2 flag CTF on Kamino

Go down 
+3
ACE
Bouncer
PyroJockey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

2 flag CTF on Kamino Empty
PostSubject: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:26 pm

Twice in recent weeks I have been in long protracted CTF games in Kamino where after a while a second flag is spawned in put in play. Both flags are the neutral flag type normally spawned in a 1 flag CTF game and they can be carried by either team and score at either goal. If each team has a flag both flag bearer icons are displayed on the HUD. If one team has both flags then their flag bearer icon is displayed with a "2" next to it on the HUD. I am told this was a known bug in SWBF1 and should not occur in SWBF2. This is not one of my mods but I wish I knew how to do it.

Has anyone else seen this or know any more about it? scratch
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:02 pm

A glitch from a SWBF1? There was no CTF in that though, nor was there this version of Kamino. scratch Where does the new flag spawn at? And do you think you could mod it?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:01 pm

The flag spawns at the usual flag spawn. At some point it disappeared again. I haven't played SWBF1 so I don't know what it did and didn't have. If I can find a way to force this with a mod it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:44 pm

oh ive seen that before
but how couldit happen if bf1 if theres no CTF in bf1 scratch
and on kamino ive seen teams lose a command post on CTF even if theres no mods

Last edited by ACE on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 pm

well,i havent seen it and i dont think the person who told you that there was ctf on SWBF1 knew what they were talking about but as far as i know there aint unless its some sorta tricked out game
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Yes I have seen this before Pyro. I have only seen it though when AI were on the map. Not when it was all human players.

Its one of those weird occurences that happen on this game. Like when u boot someone, sometimes an AI will spawn in, even though u dont have AI ON in the server. Or one time, the admin said "KillaK killed _____" even though he was on the other side of the map and I havent seen him, or shot at him yet confused (No there wasnt another KillaK in the server)
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Yes there are AI in the server, so that fits.

I'll have to try SWBF1 on the PS2 when I have time. I've only played the BF1 maps that were converted to BF2 maps for the PC.

I think it's unlikely I will be able to make a mod to spawn the 2nd flag consistently. Too bad.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:06 pm

My son Abra discovered that the second flag appears to be the DNA sample that is one of the objectives in Kamino's campaign.

The object is a dodecahedron (3D shape made of 12 joined pentagons) that spawns inside the base of the column near the flag goal in the republic spawn. The only way we know of getting it is to glitch in through the floor.

The player who carries it will display the flag icon. Either side can carry it but neither side can score a goal with it. The bearer cannot pick up the real flag nor can they discard the DNA sample. They are stuck with it until they are killed or otherwise re-spawn. Any player can then pick it up and carry it. If left unclaimed it will time out and re-spawn inside the column.

I have tried to move the spawn point for this object outside of the pillar so far without success. It may be fixed in the game. If I can move the spawn point this would add a "decoy" to the game where the bearer can distract the enemy with a frontal assault while the real flag is brought in elsewhere.

Last edited by PyroJockey on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:13 pm

o dude that would b so cool geez pyro ur amazingly brillant! and apparently so is ur son! lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:12 am

BUMP!

PyroJockey wrote:
My son Abra discovered that the second flag appears to be the DNA sample that is one of the objectives in Kamino's campaign.

My son was mistaken, it's a holocron. Once I knew the correct name for the object I then was able to track down it's properties and modified it so it spawns at the flag spawn in the center of the map. Let the chaos begin.

I also found I could mod it to look like the flag, but it still behaves the same. you can't score with it but there is no way of knowing which flag you have until you try. I left it as a holocron, at least for now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX

PostSubject: Re: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:13 am

This sounds like fun. I'd like to join you all in this kind of battle some day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 flag CTF on Kamino   2 flag CTF on Kamino Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 flag CTF on Kamino
Page 1 of 1