The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

There be some big changes 'round here

Go down 
+9
darthwiley
{DSB}Mewtwo
MountAndDewMe
KillaK
Mike
Parth
VASH
Bouncer
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

There be some big changes 'round here Empty
PostSubject: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Well, I changed around the map rotation yet again.... Cool

• I didn't like Dagobah-CTF and Kashyyyk-CTF being right next to eachother in the rotation. Those maps are pretty big and kinda hard to score the flag. So, I spaced them out some.
  • And I switched Kashyyyk-CTF from Clone Wars to Galactic Civil War.
    I know it's a battle that was actually in Episode 3 with the Clones vs. Droids.
    But without AI units, there's no Wookies in the Clone Wars version of this map. And that ain't right!
    wookiee
  • I also added Mygeeto Conquest to the rotation! It's been requested enough and the conquest version of this map can actually be pretty fun. No tanks in this one though. They lag the server superbad on this map.
  • And to offset the new map, in the 2nd rotation I added Death Star Conquest!
    This map may change though. I'm gonna put it to a vote which map should be in this spot of the rotation!
    thumbs up

• I raised the number of reinforcements for the Space Assault battles so they can actually last longer than 5 minutes now! But don't worry, in case the server is low on players and it's hard to knock down those reinforcements, I added 5 AI units per team for the 2 Space Assault maps! Not everyone does space battles or is good at 'em, so this may help those players get more used to it.
    Tie Fighter X-Wing

• And last but not least, I changed how the heroes and villains are unlocked. It was set so they'd unlock when someone got to 40 kills. It's now changed to 50 points instead.
    I wanted points to unlock them instead of kills, because the maps that need heroes the most are the ones that don't allow for a lot of kills. Like Kashyyyk, Dagobah, and the Conquest maps. So, you should see the heroes and villains on every map now!
    Plus, I noticed that this helped with scoring the flag a little eaiser on Death Star GCW.
    I think it made it last less than an hour with a full server and no timer! omg

Well, I think these changes will add a lot more fun to the server. Enjoy and Happy Hunting!
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:23 pm

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
Well, I changed around the map rotation yet again.... Cool

• I didn't like Dagobah-CTF and Kashyyyk-CTF being right next to eachother in the rotation. Those maps are pretty big and kinda hard to score the flag. So, I spaced them out some.
  • And I switched Kashyyyk-CTF from Clone Wars to Galactic Civil War.
    But without AI units, there's no Wookies in the Clone Wars version of this map. And that ain't right!
    wookiee
  • I also added Mygeeto Conquest to the rotation! It's been requested enough and the conquest version of this map can actually be pretty fun. No tanks in this one though. They lag the server superbad on this map.
  • And to offset the new map, in the 2nd rotation I added Death Star Conquest!
    This map may change though. I'm gonna put it to a vote which map should be in this spot of the rotation!
    thumbs up

• I raised the number of reinforcements for the Space Assault battles so they can actually last longer than 5 minutes now! But don't worry, in case the server is low on players and it's hard to knock down those reinforcements, I added 5 AI units per team for the 2 Space Assault maps! Not everyone does space battles or is good at 'em, so this may help those players get more used to it.
    Tie Fighter X-Wing

• And last but not least, I changed how the heroes and villains are unlocked. It was set so they'd unlock when someone got to 40 kills. It's now changed to 50 points instead.
    I wanted points to unlock them instead of kills, because the maps that need heroes the most are the ones that don't allow for a lot of kills. Like Kashyyyk, Dagobah, and the Conquest maps. So, you should see the heroes and villains on every map now!
    Plus, I noticed that this helped with scoring the flag a little eaiser on Death Star GCW.
    I think it made it last less than an hour with a full server and no timer! omg

Well, I think these changes will add a lot more fun to the server. Enjoy and Happy Hunting!
Sounds good to me. afro But won't the 10 AIs lag the space battles if we've got a decent number of people? (at least 16)

And at last, we finally have Mygeeto! cheers I still think we need Kamino Conquest though. Razz
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:09 pm

sweet i like the changes and i really like the space changes lol 3 cheers 4 sho'nuff!
Back to top Go down
Parth
Grunt
Grunt
Parth

PostSubject: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:32 pm

Awesome changes mate!
Finally we have Death Star Conquest, no more 3 hour long matches.
I'm glad you added Mygeeto, it's a fun map for sure. Maybe later on you can add Endor Conquest lol.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Well, I bumped up the number of AI for the Sapce battles.

I was on with only a few other players and I never once saw any of the 5 AI units per team!
They weren't in space dogfighting eachother, they weren't on their command ship repairing anything. They weren't there.

So, now there's 10 AI per team. The server should be able to handle it.
If 24 players plus 20 AI lag the server, then Ace's uber-server will crash fo'sho! pimp

And I wouldn't hold your breath on Endor, Parth. Smile
We had Endor conquest in the rotation for a couple weeks. The server never went over 10 total players for that map! No
I'm sure a full server on Endor would be super fun, but you can't get good enough stats for some players to stick it out for that one. Ended up being super boring with 4-on-4 matches that you'd almost never see an enemy unit the entire map.

Last edited by {Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:16 pm

Yeah, I also noticed that I've never seen the AI units anywhere. I'll look for them today, hopefully they'll pop up.
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:58 pm

.com has full server sometimes on Endor and i still hate that map. It always goes down to reinforcements Sad
Back to top Go down
MountAndDewMe
Grunt
Grunt
MountAndDewMe

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:31 pm

lol sounds fun
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:55 pm

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
And I switched Kashyyyk-CTF from Clone Wars to Galactic Civil War.
wookiee
but theres wookies on the rebel team too
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:10 pm

only when there is ais lol
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:03 am

I dont like the heros coming out at 50 points. For the most part, the heros are annoying to me. I like it better at 40 kills and wouldnt mind if it were even higher than that. Nothing worse to be on a roll, then get force pushed and killed by a hero.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:19 am

shonuff put it at 50 points so that those maps mainly conquest that the hero never shows up on because nobody gets 40 kills.
which i like but the 50 points makes the heroes show up to fast because of command post points and it doesnt feel like someone actually earned the hero unlock.
so cant we put the heroes at like 25 kills which is 50 points anyways or 20 so it feels earned and i think the players would still have a chance of unlocking them in the shorter matches. 25-20 kills seems reasonable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:10 am

yeah i feel ya wiley lol im usually forced to play heavy just to protect myself from hero even tho i want somthin else but my team usually to braindamaged to get em i cant trust em lol o btw sho'nuff the ai's still aint out on the space maps XP lol yeah i think 25 kills is a reasonable solution
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:00 pm

I know why he put it there. I just dont like the heros coming out sooner.
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:01 pm

And like you said Vash, Im trying to play more engineer or sniper and I dont feel like running from a hero. You have to play heavy just to protect yourself.
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:00 pm

well the heavy was my main class anyways so this wouldnt make no difference to me but the heroes make it more interesting if the server is full but if there isnt that many people online then it wouldnt be fair to the non heroesuntil they finally get to be a hero
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Have y'all actually seen the movies? Remember on Utapau in Episode 3 when Obi-Wan took on General Grievous and hundreds of droids by himself?? The Jedi are supposed to kick your butt! They're badasses!

I put them in sooner so the flag would get scored faster cuzz of the complaining about how long the CTF matches are.

50 is the highest number I can choose for the Unlock value. Doesn't matter if it's points or kills.
I actually wanted it to be 70 or 80 points to unlock heros.
I don't like kills unlocking them cuzz there are some matches that players don't even reach 20 kills so the heroes never came out for those ones. Like Kashyyyk and Dagobah. And those maps friggin need the heroes to try to score the flag!

How bout a timer to unlock the heroes? You get the first 15 or maybe 20 minutes without heroes. But then it's on!
Or we could do 25 kills and never see them on the Conquests maps.... A timer would do that too.
Should I start a poll on this?
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Can we make it so that its 40 kills on ctf, and 50 points on conquest, or does one setting apply to every game? Maybe we could get a balance that way.
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:24 pm

I will vote for whatever keeps the heros off the maps the longest. The only board that people were complaining about was Death Star GCW because of the lack of scoring attempets and spawn camping.
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 pm

the only place,in my opinion,to have the heroes would be death star gcw ctf because it just takes WAY too long to get just ONE flag point and then the heroes start to come out and try to get the flag to score a point but if the server is full there is like a .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 chance that the hero will score and if he dies then everybody just goes around the flag and then it resets and then you have to go do it all over again with the hero and another reason theres no scoring is THE MINES!!!there are mines everywhere because people dont want the other team to score,obviously,and the heroes cant destroy the mines unless their heroes are the guys with guns or the emperor so they have nowhere to go and their team wont destroy the mines because all they care about are kills....i know kills are important and such but so is getting flag points which i think are ten points for gametracker,if i am not mistaken,so it just never ends which is why it has 3-4 hour matches,maybe even more,which IN MY OPINION is the only place where the heroes need to come out EARLY
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:56 pm

Or just open the doors on Death Star.
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Bouncer wrote:
Or just open the doors on Death Star.
that could work too
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:57 am

eh no thats a horrible idea lol i hate those doors bein open and im not the only 1 lol
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:59 am

doors open is a good idea
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:41 am

i like having one of each deathstar the doors are open on clonewars and closed on gcw so if someone doesnt like the doors closed then dont play gcw play the clonewars its as simple as that.
and we tried doors open on gcw and it sucked because the empire spawns right next to there door and the darktroopers get in the rebel base so fast over and over the only thing happening is spawncamping because the rebels have the giant room and spawn way back in the corner and cant even do anything else but fight off spawncampers.
not only that but deathstar gcw is the map with the most players that fill up the server so apparently tons of players like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There be some big changes 'round here   There be some big changes 'round here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There be some big changes 'round here
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: General-
Jump to: