The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

question of the day

Go down 
+4
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
GRIZZ
darthwiley
Blitz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Blitz
Grunt
Grunt
Blitz

question of the day  Empty
PostSubject: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:52 pm

Hey,
in your announcements it states that " Glitching=cheating and cheating=ban
So why is spawncamping allowed?
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:42 pm

spawn camping is not cheating. If the flag is not being advanced and there is just spawn camping going on, the admins can and sometimes do advance to the next board. Death Star is the worse board for this, and I have been avoiding it or playing on the empire to combat the spawn campers.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:50 pm

yep spawn camping is part of the online game along with reconing!
the only things not allowed are.....

1.glitching into walls and droids
2.force pushing teammates on purpose
3.spamming on the mic for constant swearing and racist stuff
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:44 pm

You can get booted for disrupting team play (blowing up ammo droids for no strategic reason, shooting people to annoy them, being a pest) but most likely will not get banned for that. We cant control how people play so we have to deal with spawn camping and other unfavorable things such as point blanking, useless engineers, dark troopers and jets off "exploring" and people that have no idea how to play the game and just want to mess around.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:18 pm

I love spawn-campers! I only play on the Empire on Death Star now just cuzz of them.
I'd rather just spawn in and have an enemy already there. Just waiting to get a rocket to his chest!

You gotta use the 3 second spawn invincibility to your advantage. Right as you spawn, sprint towards the campers setting off their landmines that won't hurt you yet. As the explosions are going off and your 3 seconds is about to end, you hurl a landmine at them..... KA-Pi-YOW!!!
Peanut Butter Jelly
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:02 pm

lol i gotta say im with sho on this one lol im more of a defensive player i even prefer black n chess haha i lack somthing critical n shooting games lol its killer instinct lol grizz is a perfect example of killer instinct lol me im more chilled and laid bak lol altho ive been tryin to play more agressively lately its just not me lol o right more to the point lol its more fun 4 me when im holdin bak the rebels at key points thru out the map lol
Back to top Go down
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
Grunt
Grunt
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:30 pm

the one thing i dont like is wen u jus spawn n a luke pushes u n kills u
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:37 pm

Yeah, that I'm not cool with. That's basically cheating in my book.
The jedi force-push can be done on guys right as they spawn. And by the time you get to your feet, your 3 seconds is up and the jedi is slashing you with the light saber.

I'll let someone get away with that once or twice. But if they're just gonna steadily spawn-camp with the jedi, then I'll switch him to the other team.

Gametracker doesn't count kills you get when you're a hero!
It is completely pointless to spawn camp with a hero!
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:25 pm

To me, the hero should be used for two purposes:

1. If the other team is spawncamping the crap out of your team, than hopefully someone smart with the jedi can use the jedi to push them back so your team can have some breathing room.

2. score the flag
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:09 pm

Honestly spawn campers, point blankers and long matches on Death Star are starting to get on peoples nerves. I know its part of the game, but I feel for the long term sustainability of The Arena, those issues need to be addressed. And I am not trying to say I never do those things, but I dont just them and not try to score or care about if my team wins or loses. I can deal with all of those issues if the flag is active.

BTW I played conquest on Tantive IV yesterday and it was the most fun I had in the Arena in ages. You actually have to have a plan and cant just lay down a bunch of mines and hope for the best. I loved it and I normally dont play conquest.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:17 pm

there is one time and place i spawncamp with the hero, deathstar rebels but i do it the strategic way! i usually come in with luke and the flag i score and then i spawncamp giving my side a chance to get the flag back quick for another score! but if my team is not even trying and i see that nobody is grabbing the flag ill stop and leave to go get the flag again and try to score myself!

and gt does track hero kills but it tracks them separately but who can hold on to the hero an entire match lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Death Star was getting on my nerves today because most of my team was spawnkilling and only about 5 guys (including me) were trying to score. Capt. Wade and IMREVENGER I think are very respectable players. But Snakemike and this guy named (MCS) Brilaf to me were not playing very respectfully today. Every time we would lose the flag Brilaf would grab it and jump off an edge so the flag would reset. And Snakemike was getting cheap kills with the darktrooper. My team was annoying me because they spawn killed the empire through the entire battle.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Grunt
Grunt
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:09 pm

I think Capt. Wade is on bf1 too
He's pretty good there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question of the day    question of the day  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question of the day
Page 1 of 1