The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate

Go down 
+16
A Actual Retard
Mandalore
KillaK
Blitz
{FOF}COM_DRKDRAGON
boone532
Axe
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Warrior
PyroJockey
JJ'
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
VASH
GRIZZ
darthwiley
vergamaton
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
vergamaton

Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Empty
PostSubject: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:20 am

he is rodri-fu, and he is telling me that u banned him. Can i know y?
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:35 pm

He was banned for ten minutes only. He was blowing up ammo droids on purpose and disrupting team play.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:05 pm

when a teammate is blowing up ammo droids because they dont like reconers or something i just switch there team if its a map like deathstar and the player doesnt like the door staying open.

Last edited by GRIZZ on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
vergamaton

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:14 pm

ok. It wont happen again. i already told him....but banning him just for that? he only blew one. Next time maybe u should warn him first b4 banning....i didnt play either cause i thought u banned my ip for more than just 10 min.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:25 pm

lol i dont kno y ppl get so upset over ppl reconing its all apart of the game lol and just because u dont directly c it doesnt mean they r not helpin the team as well lol ive seen recons save me, protect our base, and push bak the enemy lol recons r small but there a big help lol if u ever notice the team usin the most recons usually have the momentum on the battle field lol btw its a pet peeve of mine when sum1 intentionally blows up a droid lol legend loves to pik on me like that alot x.x
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:13 am

He was warned...He got kicked first then banned for ten minutes. I dont think a ten min ban is a big deal and it normally gets the message across. Its not up to him to decide who can and cant recon.

I dont like switching the player to the other team because it just becomes someone elses problem. Again, I think it was handled in a fair manner and he got the message. I also agree with Vash abot reconing. Sometimes you have to do it to push the other team back and when you can comfortably do it, normally your team is controlling the board. I dont care if the whole team wants to recon. Its part of the game.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:03 am

well luckily you can only have 4......wait i would love to see all wookies vs imperial officers is this possible? can you imagine 24 reconers going at it! lol
lol!
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:07 am

Yea I wish there were no limit. I would try to fight through the recons and drop one mine in the middle of the group and get 24 kills at once!
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:54 pm

aw dude id have my award pistol so feakin fast! pyro! can u increase the number of specials allowed?! lol yeah wiley i think that was fair too lol
Back to top Go down
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
Grunt
Grunt
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:56 pm

reconning is part of the game but u r suppose to send 1 n battle to see wats ahead not constantly send em out
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Says who?? Why are you suppose to only send one? They are easy to see and its part of the game. I am tired of these "recon regulators" that try to decide when people can and cant recon. If you dont like to be reconned then go and kill whoever is getting you. Thats what I try to do.
Back to top Go down
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
Grunt
Grunt
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:11 pm

im sayin when they created the recon that wat it was meant for i have nothin against reconners there rly easy to kill lol im jus sayin that y they created it after all i recon myself
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:26 pm

what about detpacks they where maid for vehicles and things like auto turrets and the player built turrets and things like the engine on tantive4 and door locks and barricades like on kashyyyk, they are hardly ever used for these things. but its part of the online game and it aint going away so we have to just ecept these things and hope they fix them for part3 if it comes out.

and dont get me started on why the engie is immune to mines he should be able to defuse them with the cutter but not immune to them he weighs as much as everyone else.

Last edited by GRIZZ on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
Grunt
Grunt
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:29 pm

ya n ppl rly misuse the detpacks lol
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:51 pm

it is annoying but i dont mind em lol cuz i think of point blanks as a melee lol most other games have melee attacks and i love those if the clones had like a knife id go entire maps as just killin with that XD lol
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Its just a game. There are no "rules" on how to use the weapons. As long as a person is not glitching, they can use the weapons however they want. Landmines were not meant to be attached to vehicles to ram the other vehicle or kill people either. So should we say that should not be allowed because that is not the way they were suppose to be used?
Back to top Go down
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
JJ'

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:16 pm

If you think about it, the whole heavy class is used differently than what it was intended for. Rockets were meant for vehicles and for large clusters of infantry. Most people end up killing one person at a time with rockets, and mines are used way more than rockets for vehicles. Also, mines were meant to be placed strategically and defensively, not to be dropped on the enemy right in front of you Laughing . But that's what makes the game fun, the ability for everything to have different uses, and the ability to come up with new ways to use each weapon. Thinking outside the box.
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:01 pm

I agree and that is why I love playing BFII. I remember the first time I saw someone put a mine on a speeder bike and ram it into someone. The human factor makes the game fun. Playing against an AI is boring. I like watching creative players come up with different ways to kill people.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:13 pm

GRIZZ wrote:
and dont get me started on why the engie is immune to mines he should be able to defuse them with the cutter but not immune to them he weighs as much as everyone else.

What are you talking about? We engie's are very light on our feet! Shocked

Seriously though, you know that can be "fixed". I think Baron did that on his modded Halloween server on .COM, but it was about as popular as team damage.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 pm

yeah every class has its online quirks and i think the mines where meant to kill the light sabre heroes lol and atleast we all agree that the sniper turret wasnt meant to get you in glitches lol

pyro your saying there is a mod for taking away the engies immunity to mines? and he can still defuse the mine but if he just runs over it he blows up? that is a badass mod i have to try!

Last edited by GRIZZ on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 am

it would completely change gameplay on tantive lol point blankin would drop because engys would no longer to just burst out thru the doors lol theyd b forced to check and actually support their team lol
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:34 am

The engy should only be immune with the fusion cutter out and actively using it to defuse a mine.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:37 am

GRIZZ wrote:
pyro your saying there is a mod for taking away the engies immunity to mines? and he can still defuse the mine but if he just runs over it he blows up? that is a badass mod i have to try!

The Engineer has a unique property "ImmuneToMines" which is set to "1". Change it to "0" and they will have to use the fusion cutter to get by a mine. This property is not available for any of the other classes.

The value is found in the following files at the following HEX addresses:

all.lvl
094FC64
09DEEC8
0A6E134
0AFD48C

cis.lvl
0B4C368

imp.lvl
06A1ED4

rep.lvl
0B55358

Have fun with it. There were a lot of whiny engineers on .COM until they changed it back.
Back to top Go down
Warrior
Grunt
Grunt
Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:30 pm

lol thats so sick
Back to top Go down
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
vergamaton

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:57 pm

wow. You are a crazy hacker. WTF haha
i would hate that tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate   Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destroying teams ammo droid & engie immunity to mines debate
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next