The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Ammo Droid glitch

Go down 
+9
Axe
{DSB}Mewtwo
boone532
PyroJockey
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
VASH
darthwiley
GRIZZ
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Is the ammo droid glitch cheating?
Yes, it's cheating.
Ammo Droid glitch I_vote_lcap24%Ammo Droid glitch I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
No, I can still kill 'em with one shot!
Ammo Droid glitch I_vote_lcap47%Ammo Droid glitch I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Not really "cheating" but it's a waste of time. Start playing or kick rocks kid!
Ammo Droid glitch I_vote_lcap29%Ammo Droid glitch I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Funny thing happened the other day in the Arena.
It was Tantive IV and the server was close to full but NO ONE had a headset until a player named "Will Smith" joined.

We were talking about the Arena, how I'm an admin, booting glitchers, yada, yada, yada.
He asks me if being inside the ammo droid is cheating. You know where you destroy the ammo droid, then get ontop of it and repair it so you end up inside of it.
I told him don't worry about it. I've already thought about that and it's not really cheating cuzz I can still blow up the ammo droid to get to him.

We were on different teams so I couldn't see what he was doing but I'm guessing he was just sitting in his own base inside the ammo droid. scratch
Then, I noticed that a couple of other admins joined the server.
So, Big Willy tells me "hey, there's Apocalypse guys in here blowing up the ammo droid and shooting at me!"
I told him that those were some other admins and they probably don't want you inside the ammo droid.
Then I hear, "Oh I just got boo...."
Then it flashed up on the screen "Will Smith booted for glitching" Laughing

He rejoined and as soon as I heard his headset again I just started laughing, "I guess the other admins really don't want you inside the ammo droid! hahaha"

So, what do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:21 pm

lol! i have come across this before lol
chaos gammer aka vash lol thats the first time i played with vash and he was doing it on tantive4 in the side room ammo droid on the old official, we where on different teams he didnt shoot at me so i got my ammo and health and left i might of even of came back for more thx vash lol

tough call, in the arena it hardly every happens but i do 1 of 2 things.

if the player is giving ammo to everyone on both sides and not shooting at anyone then i let him live and stay in.

but if he is giving packs out for his side only and using the droid for cover and shooting at players then i kill him and then boot them hehe.

let me know if i should change my policy hehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:09 pm

It flat out is cheating regardless of if the player is giving out health to both teams. There are strategic reasons to blow up ammo droids, especially on Tantive IV and Death Star. You have to destroy the one by the three doors or your team will get slaughtered with mines and on Death Star, blowing the one before you cross the bridge going to the Empire base is the whole key to controlling that board. I would hate to fight through a garrison of troops to blow it up just to have someone sitting inside of it keeping it in tact.

I would not ban someone for doing it, but I would boot them. If you want to give out health to both teams, run around with your fusion cutter and hand it out.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:53 am

lol the whole blowin up droids thing is a pet peeve of mine lol i remember legend gettin my droids on certain maps i was like sigh i just fixed that lol c to me it should always b a fair fight 1 on 1 with both at full health now i dont mind takin on more at a time i like the challenge but after im thru takin care of em id like a place to recharge and i go to retreat and i look and it broken meanin id have to go farther and either a. it takes up alot of time just to even things out or b. i get killed by pursuers lol but i do understand where ur comin from sum guys get all the awards and get like invinceble and u feel like usin every dirty trick n the book to get em hahah i kno i will sit on utapau n hanger n very bak and wait 4 guys with awards to sit still then bam! head shot XD im sure they hate me XD lol o yeah p.s. mayb glitching but not cheatin
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:19 pm

It is cheating if you use a map exploit or glitch to gain an advantage for yourself or your team. I do the same thing that Legend does when he blows up strategic ammo droids. If you are using a map exploit or glitch to prevent that from happening, it is cheating.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:37 pm

i dont like braging but if i really wanted to i could stand out the box and keep it fixed kill all the enemies and only supply my team if i wanted however the other way im helpin every1 and stayin out the fight lol but like i said it rare 4 me to do that lol mayb 1 n every 50 times i play lol
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Thats fine..go ahead and do that and stay out of the box. The next thing you know everyone will be inside the ammo droid.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:33 pm

sigh if im forced to kill the others so b it
Back to top Go down
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
Grunt
Grunt
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:02 pm

it aint a glitch because it doesnt give u advantage all
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:57 pm

It does give you an advantage. That is why people do it! If there were no advantage then why would we be talking about it here?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Technically it qualifies as a glitch, but it offers no tactical advantage so who really cares. It is funny though.
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:24 pm

The advantage is you have to blow it up before you can get to the person
Back to top Go down
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN
Grunt
Grunt
{MILLENEUM}MR.TUSKEN

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:05 pm

most ppl do it to fool around n have fun wit other peeps
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:50 pm

darthwiley wrote:
The advantage is you have to blow it up before you can get to the person

True, I overlooked the kill count. I was only considering that it offers little or no tactical advantage toward achieving the game objective. You cannot score a goal while in the glitch and on the few maps where you could capture a command post you can still manage to eventually flush the glicther out and kill them.

As I said, technically I think this qualifies as a glitch. Since, as you pointed out, this does give the glitcher an opportunity to disrupt gameplay, the question I have is this: will Arena leave it up to the discretion of the individual admins if this is a banable offense or will there be server-wide policy posted if this is a banable offense? It can be confusing if you allow one player to get away with it and ban another player who simply follows that example. A lot of gray areas there.

I don't do it in Arena, so I'm good either way.
Back to top Go down
boone532
Grunt
Grunt
boone532

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 4:04 pm

It's a glitch, you obviously were not meant to gain a shield by having ammo droid armor. This makes a person almost impossible to kill by yourself. All you have to do when your in the droid is to keep healing it. This is an easy way to gain +4 points over and over again on Tantive lV. It gives you an easier way to gain points/kills and was not suppose to happen, which in turn makes it glitching.
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:20 pm

its not that hard to kill them i mean just throw a grenade and let it blow up the ammo droid and then start shooting,if you cant kill him thats your own problem Rolling Eyes lol
Back to top Go down
boone532
Grunt
Grunt
boone532

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:03 pm

{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:
its not that hard to kill them i mean just throw a grenade and let it blow up the ammo droid and then start shooting,if you cant kill him thats your own problem Rolling Eyes lol

That is just like saying "just kill the glitcher" it's your own problem if you can't.
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:15 pm

it would probably be the easiest to kill some one in an ammo droid with the rocket but thats just my opinion
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:14 am

How easy it is to kill a glitcher has nothing to do with it. If you glitch you will get booted/banned. Its as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:51 am

its not easy with a rocket or any weapon for that matter first you have to destroy the droid then you have to reload and shoot again and that still gives them the chance to kill you or repair the droid fast while healing themselves and get there shield so to speak back up.
just last night i had to boot someone from tantive4 they where on the empire in the droid in the escape bay helping the rebels. know that made it harder to stop there spawn camping so i booted him and like clockwork we beet them back from that area.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:16 am

dude its so simple lol 1st throw a gernade then immediately shoot ur rocket when it explodes if ur a grunt then just use ur rifle and engy shot gun when the engy takes damage he cant heal himself cuz he'd have to leave the box to do that also the box doesnt cover the entire body there usually a body part pokein out somwhere just target that and ur sure to get him lol an even easier way is to grab a buddy and both try to kill him lol nearly impossible to stay alive around more then 2 when u work together course if he was givin health and ammo to every1 it seems like itd b wiser to use him and stay healthy rather then to get 2 points off of him lol
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:48 am

The point is no matter how easy it is to destroy the droid and kill the guy you should not have to go that extra step just to kill them.
it takes a little longer along with more ammo used and you also have to watch out for other enemies at the same time while dealing with the player in the droid.
i use to not really care but after yesterday i seen that it does effect the team!
example if a player from your team is in a droid helping the other side thats an advantage for the other team which makes them a traitor. for two reasons your helping them gain an advantage in a location while supplying the enemy with fresh health and ammo, and you take away a player spot from your team that could be used helping your side out in the action. so now im booting them all and if i feel like it maybe a 10 min ban.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:31 am

harsh lol but i do understand ur point of view
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:49 am

I have been saying the same thing as grizz the whole thread! The fact that you have to blow the droid up first gives the glitcher an advantages. How easy it is to kill a glitcher has nothing to do with it! It could just as easul be argued that you can go into the wall yourself to kill a glitcher on death star. The point is you should not have to do that! Play the game the right way!
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:24 pm

darthwiley wrote:
Play the game the right way!
but killing people is part of the game Razz lol
anyways i still dont see anything thats wrong with killing someone in it good grief No
and apparently the poll doesnt agree with yall 2 Razz lol joking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ammo Droid glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ammo Droid glitch   Ammo Droid glitch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ammo Droid glitch
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next