The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

What are your favorite maps?

Go down 
+5
VASH
{DSB}Mewtwo
Bouncer
Kingkong
GRIZZ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

What are your favorite maps? Empty
PostSubject: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:08 am

Some of you started this topic on the gametracker arena page this is a good topic for here so i started one.

My top ten favorites thumbs up

1. DeathStar: Whats there to say its the king of all the maps! king

2. Tantive IV: Can be a very back and forth stage if most of your team aint bringing there A-game odds are you lose, cramped quarters combat and has tons of doorways to mine up hehe. innocent

3. Jabbas Palace: The most detailed starwars backdrop with the trap door and rancor, jabba on his throne eating those frog things, han solo in carbonite, the torcherd droid that c3po replaced, and its just the best recon and spawncamp map! innocent

4. SuperHoth: This map just rocks every class gets kills and the ctf/conquest is sweet! pimp

5. Polis Massa: Shonuff got me likeing this map so please add the ctf back on Sad

6. Corusant: Has an arena feel to the layout with the center room kinda like a football field with a end zone at both ends. Cool

7. Mustafar: One of the best maze maps to play and a great map to play goalie on, also has the most doors to mine up and is just plan fun. Smile

Now I like using the jet and dark troopers on some maps so these are my favorites for that. thumbs up

8. Utapau: this stage was made for the jet pack! Wink

9. Mos Eisley: Just classic starwars fun lets go drink at the cantina lol drunken

10. Dagobah & Yavin: 2 way tie for 10th, both these maps are great and have trees which are big obstacles where the jet pack mobility is an advantage. Sinister
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
Kingkong
Grunt
Grunt
Kingkong

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:32 am

Death Star!!!! cause its freakin' awesomes in so many ways.
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:20 pm

1. Tantive IV (usually short, but long sometimes, always fun king)
2. Mos Eisley (usually short-ish, but I hate it on Clone Wars era thumbs up)
3. Hoth (always long, but pretty fun, snipers excel outside thumbs up)
4. Death Star (always long, can get boring sometimes when your team is dominating Neutral)
5. Space Maps (am I the only one here that likes them? Peanut Butter Jelly )
6. Utapau (meh, can be long or short, but I only like it on GCW)
7. Mygeeto (can be long or short)
8. Dagobah (usually short, Bothans excel Very Happy)
9. Felucia (I liked this map, but it's not on the arena anymore scratch)
10. Kashyyyk (can be long or short)
11. Endor (why only Hunt? I want more...)
12. Coruscant (I just really hate this map for some reason thumbs down)

Last edited by Bouncer on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:07 pm

1.Geonosis-the hometown clone war that started it all guitar Rock On! cheers

2.Kamino-best sniper place out there Sniper

3.Kashykk-another great sniping place that will usually have a sniper war Sniper Sniper

4.Endor Hunt-those little ewoks may be small but those rocks and stuff packs a punch

5.Kashykk Hunt-you get to play with the big the bad the wookiees Chewey wookiee

6.Geonosis Hunt-this and the endor hunt are really great for training some newbie snipers Sniper
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:38 pm

and here is my top 5
1. SPACE MAPS (i think u guys know why XD)
2. death star (i love the long marathons for sum reason lol)
3. tantive 4 (i cant stop lauging at how many noobs just blindly walk out doors and step on my mines i laugh for almost every kill i get popcorn lol)
4. Hoth (any class is useful here)
5. kysyyyk (always gettin tank buster XD lol)
Back to top Go down
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 12:45 am

1.utapau -my favorite map
2.corucant-lots of fun lol
3.mustafar goodfordefense
4.death star -spawncamping lol
5.jabbas palace-great for reconing
6.polis massa-good for reconing
7.hoth-
8mos eisley- its ok...
9.spacemaps - too short
10.naboo- only good for sniping
11.kamino-
12.kashyyk- the staps and barcs make scoring too EZ Sleep
13.mygeeto- tanks...
14.tantive-too many doors lol
15.yavin- trees and tanks
16.dagobah- ppl way overuse darkies here
17.endor-too big and boring Sleep
18.felucia-hate thismap pissed
lol!
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm gonna be more specific. Some maps are great in Conquest mode but suck in CTF. And vice versa.

Here's my favorites:

1. Utapau - CTF I love this map! If I'm on the Rebels or Robots, I usually unlock the heroes and average over 2.5 kills-per-minute. They have the high ground cuzz of their CPs and can dominate easily. But then it's sorta evened-out with the Clones and Empire having the Jetties and Darkies. Plus many, many more reasons I think this is the Best map!

2. Polis Massa - Conquest The best map for Conquest mode! You have to play hard the entire time or the other team will overrun you and capture all the CPs quick. In single-player mode I could finish this map in less than 2 minutes! Multi-player can be that quick too if one team is playing lazy or just running around outside like a bunch of 'tards.

3. Death Star - CTF (doors open) Some good killin on this one! And it's super competetive with the doors open. Most of the time I play this one the score ends up 10-9. Plus, it's hard to spawn-camp on either side. thumbs up

4. Tantive IV - CTF or Conquest Point-blank killin is what it's all about in this one. Doesn't matter if it's CTF or Conquest. Plus, I get a lot of cheap kills by mining up all the doors! Cool

5. Death Star - CTF (old school) Even if I get stuck on the Empire and I have to spawn in the "hallway of death" I still really like this one. The Rebels spawn-camping the death star weapon control room can get annoying but it's just part of the game. Lots of killing for a LONG time and you don't have to run far to get into the mix.

6. Coruscant - CTF Like Grizz said, this one is like a football field with the goals at either end. Lots of good fighting in the center hallway, but you can always go to the side hallways if you're trying to be sneaky with the flag. Good stage for Grunt practice too.

7. Super Hoth - CTF Regular Hoth CTF is sucky! But being able to capture the CP next the Falcon makes this map completely different! Not a whole lot of scoring until Luke and Vader are unlocked, but there's still plenty of intense fighting.

8. Mustafar - CTF Another one like Utapau - Clones and Empire have the better CPs but it's evened-out with the Rebels and Robots being practically impossible to see when they're outside. Of all the colors in the rainbow, they make the droids the same color as the walls?!?! Can be super-competetive too. I've played 2-hour matches on Mustafar if there were good teams. But then I had to rest my eyes for the next hour!

9. Space - Assault These are just plain fun. Can't worry about stats though. You can get over 50 player-points, damage reduction, damage increase, elite pistol, etc. but still finish with zero kills!

10. Death Star - Conquest With the doors open, this one can have some good killin! Plus, it's a nice change of pace after the 3-hour marathon CTF battles.

11. Mos Eisley - CTF or Conquest The background colors allow me to clearly see every class of any faction. Woo-Hoo! Since the "arena" area is where a lot of us like to practice one-on-one battles, I'm pretty much unstoppable in that spot. Took on 3 guys at once and smoked 'em all! Darkies can ruin this map though.
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
dx
Grunt
Grunt
dx

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:02 am

1 kassyyky cause of awsome sniping Sniper Sniper Sniper for both sides and tank busting it so funny
2 death star epic battles
3 moesily cause of the height advantages and easy flag guarding
4 super hoth so many flanks on that map
5 polss massa when u can go into outer space it funny when i run across the map and people r like he should of died lol!
6 corusant ambushes every where when i play
7 geo nosis such a big map and so much action going on lol! lol! almost forgot to put this map
arena 1 Rock On! with the epic ness Grunt Sniper Flame Thrower Flame Thrower Flame Thrower Flame Thrower Rocket Rocket Rocket Rocket Rocket Rocket Rocket Grunt Grunt Sniper Sniper Sniper Rocket Rocket Sniper
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:34 pm

11. Dagobah (GCW) The Dark troop can be over used or the bothon can be really annoying but its always great to get the Award shotgun.

10. Yavin 4 (Losing can be fun!!! To me its always awesome when my team only has the rebel control base and the empire is rushing at us with there tanks and our own tanks and rockets and blaster shots everywhere!!!! CHAOS!!!

9. Mos Eisly (Clone Wars) Fun to defend the flag as a jet trooper

8. Coruscant -Always fun to ambush people with the jet and dark trooper and I agree with Grizz about the whole arena idea

7.Space (I cant put these higher since their not very long) but its usually fun.

6. Geonosis When I'm the clones its always awesome to be the jet trooper but when im the droids its fun to put mines on the wheels of the hailfire tanks and drive straight into the AT-TE.

5. Tantive 4 (Clone Wars) Not my favorite map becuase I usually get stuck with the droids. But still fun to ambush the other team by throwing mines,detpacks, or grenades out of a room.

4. Death Star (GCW)- Always the longest battle. Can get a little annyoing when your the Empire but its fun to have a HUGE battle in the tiny meeting room while the rebels are trying to score.

3. Tantive 4- (GCW) - Can be long battles or very short battles but always awesome to get a triple kill with one mine.

2. Death Star (Clone Wars) - The battle in the hallway between the two hangers is always awesome.

My number 1 favorite maps is Utapau (Clone Wars)- Awesome sniper and Jet Trooper battles, really awesome to get dmg. Increase as a droid sniper,clone sniper or jet trooper.
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:54 pm

7.Geonosis(Training)-because it is Geonosis!!!and well it is like you are a new clone in the army and its cool just like with the rest of the story mode because you can hear the commander or whoever the guy is(the person that tells you your objectives and such) Wink
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:46 pm

I hope to bring this topic back by posting my newest list of favorite maps.

11. Jabbas Palace (GCW): More fun to be on the Empire because for some reason its harder for the Rebels to bomb the Empire then it is for the CIS to bomb to Rep.

10. Coruscant (GCW and Clone Wars): DEFEND YOUR FLAG! Its sucks when you get stuck on the team who keeps getting its flag stolen but its fun to take the enemy flag while taking out the enemy team with a small 4 person team.

9. Jabbas Palace (Clone Wars): Droids have an advantage considering they can use the republics own ammo droid to bomb the enemy base and only the very brave or very foolish players will try to stop the bombers only to be greeted with rocket launchers. Plus its fun to roll into the enemy base and kill everyone with the enigineer.

8. Mustafar (Clone Wars):
Can be a back and forth match. The Rep. forces the CIS back to there flag and then 2 mins later the Rep can be trapped in there base with the CIS behind a door waitng to attack.

7. Mos Eisley (Clone Wars): The Jet Troop can get the Dmg. Increase award many time and is very helpfull when trying to take or defend a flag.

6. Tantive IV (GCW): Not as Fun as Tantive IV Clone Wars but still fun to blow up and entire team when they come out a door.

5. Utapau (Clone Wars) As Grizz said before "This map is made for the jet pack" but when I get stuck on the CIS I pull out my sniper rifle and mow down those Republic dogs!

4. Mustafar (GCW): Now one of my favorite maps since I dicovered how much fun it is to get the award shot gun and defend our flag. "DIE REBEL SCUM!!!"

3. Death Star (Clone Wars): The battle in the hallway between the two hangers is always a good battle with explosions everywhere and while you and a few other guys keep the other team busy in the hallway the rest of your team can get the flag and score.

2. Tantive IV (Clone Wars):
Republic engies excel on this map but the CIS assault droids pose a threat. This battle can go on for hours or just a few mins (usually a few hours). But dropping detpacks, mines and grenades out of a door on to the enemy team is always cool.

1. The number one map, The king of the Arena, The map that can take 4 hours to finish The Death Star (GCW): This battle puts Rebels against Empire in the biggest battle on the arena. Sure it can be annyoing to be put on the Empire and spawn into the hallway of death and get blown away by 3 rockets but once you earn enough points for the imperial officer the Rebel scum will fear you and your recon droids! But its always more fun to be on the Rebels. Shooting a rocket into the hallway of death and taking out two guys is always cool. To bad when you finally get that award weapon you've been trying to get for hours the Emperor comes into you base and crashes the party! Over all the most fun map to play on and the king of the arena! king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite maps?   What are your favorite maps? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your favorite maps?
Page 1 of 1