The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Immigration Laws

Go down 
+2
PyroJockey
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:41 am

Immigration Laws (pretty strict)

Only foreigners who will be useful to society will be welcomed:
  • Foreigners are admitted "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)
  • Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)
  • Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken our laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)
  • The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)

Immigration authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:
  • Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
  • A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)
  • A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:
  • Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
  • Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:
  • Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
  • Foreigners who are deported and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
  • Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under current law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,
  • "A penalty of up to two years in prison will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)
  • Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
  • Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

Citizens who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:
  • A citizen who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
  • Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into the country will be fined. (Article 132)
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:47 am

I assume these are the current existing laws (you know, the ones not being enforced)? pissed
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:34 pm

may i ask what idiot proposed those laws and who passed em? well ill b captain obvious here but america is land of the free! were all freakin immigrants except the native americans geez it sounds so freakin hipocritical to me

anyway to pyro: these r current laws not ones that gonna b enforced? its good their not enforced there too ridiculous however im curious as to y they not enforced is it cuz the enforcers think they too ridiculous?
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:52 pm

one question Suspect at the end of one of those laws there is Article # may i ask where these articles are coming from Suspect
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:26 pm

Oh boy, this is going to be a hot topic.

First off, just because I read it on the internet, doesn’t mean it’s true. No offence intended Sho’Nuff, but Mewtwo actually has a valid point. omg I don’t know the source of these statutes, nor their accuracy, so I will keep my comments on immigration laws in general.

Apparently what laws are on the books are not being fully enforced. Why? I'm not sure, lack of manpower, lack of funding, but I think mostly lack of political will. I'm sure the laws are outdated and need to be reviewed.

I do know the 9-11 terrorists were in this country on expired visas. They were illegal aliens and should have been deported, but weren’t. (I am not inferring that all illegal aliens are terrorists, but they are breaking the law by being here).

During the Cuban boat lift in the mid ‘90s Castro took full advantage of our good nature and emptied his prisons and mental institutions and sent the inmates here as refugees. The US policy is not to send refugees back to a communist country, so they get to stay.

By the way, before anybody jumps on my case and calls me a hypocrite, both my parents immigrated from a non-English speaking country They went through all the proper channels and did it legally and earned the privilege (it's not a right) to become naturalized US citizens. I learned English as a second language. My wife is Cherokee and she gave me a permission slip to stay, so I got my green card.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:20 pm

shonuff is asking what country its from? At first i thought it might be India or China but i think its Mexico? thats funny shonuff lol.

Your right vash we are all immigrants but our ancestors became citizens the legal way thats the difference! My family has been here since Plymouth rock since before the 13 colonies i had family fight in the revolution and both sides of the civil war! And the otherside of my family came here waving at the statue of liberty Ellis island style. As some of you might already know i live in Chicago and we have a huge illegal Mexican population but it isnt just them. we also have a problem with the illegal Irish,polish,Korean,puerto rican,chinese,middle eastern, etc. I have a good buddy i have known for 20 years who is south korean and came here when he was 1 year old and i tease him all the time about not being a citizen but he is a legal resident and pays taxes he just cant vote!

I believe in coming to America to be free but you have to do it the right way! the legal way! The biggest reasons for enforcing the immigration laws are money and crime!

some of these statistics are a few years old so they are even higher now.

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular,
their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.

12. The National Policy Institute, "estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average
cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period."

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.

14. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes
Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States."

15. Everyday 12 Americans are murdered by an illegal alien. Another 13 Americans are killed by uninsured drunk illegal aliens. Everyday 8 Children are victims of sex crimes committed by illegal aliens! More Americans are being killed on American SOIL each day by the hands of illegal aliens, than are being killed in the Iraq war and Afghanistan war combined!!!!!

16. Today, criminal aliens account for over 29 percent of prisoners in Federal Bureau of Prisons facilities and a higher share of all federal prison inmates. These prisoners represent the fastest growing segment of the federal prison population.
Incarceration of criminal aliens cost an estimated $624 million to state prisons (1999) and $891 million to federal prisons (2002), according to the most recent available figure from the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

17. “Illegal Aliens and American Medicine”. “Many illegal aliens harbor fatal diseases that American Medicine fought and vanquished long ago, such as drug-resistant tuberculosis, malaria, leprosy, plague, polio, dengue and Chagas disease.” The Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons Volume 10 Spring 2005

18. In 2002, HIV/AIDS was the third leading cause of death among Hispanic men aged 35 to 44 and the fourth leading cause of death among Hispanic women in the same age group. Most Hispanic men were exposed to HIV through sexual contact with other men. Source (CDC):

19. If enacted the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act (CIRA, S. 2611) would be the most dramatic change in immigration law in 80 years, allowing an estimated 103 million persons to legally immigrate to the U.S. over the next 20 years – fully one-third of the current population of the United States.

20. U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) unveiled an impact analysis that shows the Senate immigration bill – should it become law – would permit up to 217.1 million new legal immigrants into the United States over the next 20 years, a number equal to 66 percent of the total current population.

21. The number of illegal immigrants in the United States may be as high as 20 million people, more than double the official 9 million people estimated by the Census Bureau. 1/3/05

22. Cases of Leprosy on The Rise In The U.S., The New York Times. “While there were some 900 recorded cases in the United States 40 years ago, today more than 7,000 people have leprosy.” Leprosy is an airborne virus, it can also be spread by touching and coughing

23. Mexico is the FOURTH RICHEST OIL NATION IN THE WORLD!!! Source: CNN and they have ONE OF THE WORLDS LARGEST SILVER DEPOSITS so why is there country poor?

24. In 2007, Legal and illegal aliens, cost the federal government more than $346 Billion dollars and the U.S. taxpayers paid more than $9,000. for each illegal immigrant in the country!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:16 am

hm i think i didnt make myself clear lol i should b more thurough lol i full believe that aliens have to become citizens the correct and right way however i just think that sum of those laws r too harsh and with what grizz said wow i had no idea but y keep em in our prisons? why not just send them bak to there country well not the communist ones cuz they get killed when they go bak lol i knew bout the cuban thing tho pyro kinda unfair 4 us lol but i wasnt talk bout any1 here bein a hypocrit lol sorry if i offended u lol i meant the ppl of the bill lol what i mean by that is that the laws r 2 harsh and should b changed thats just my opinion however politics aint my strong suit so maybe they have a reason 4 them and i shouldnt jump the gun lol
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:10 am

those immigration laws shonuff is talking about are from mexico! not the u.s.! that shows you how soft the us immigration laws really are.

Last edited by GRIZZ on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:18 am

hahaha wow super fail to me! me->Flame Thrower <-fail lol
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Ding Ding We have a winner!
Yep, Grizz guessed correctly. This is the immigration policy of our friends to the south.
Mexico has some of the strictest immigration laws in the world! Ironic ain't it?
Those Article #s are from their Constitution.
http://www.c4ads.org/files/waller_csp_apr2006_mexico.pdf

I wish our legal immigration process was more streamlined, not like Mexico.
It would be better if people could legally become U.S. citizens a little faster.
I work with an Aussie who said it took a lawyer, $20,000 and 6 years for him to become a U.S. citizen!
My father immigrated here when he was teenager and joined the Marine Corps with a green card.
Pops did 2 tours in Vietnam. Caught some shrapnel, lost most of his hearing, and received a Purple Heart. He friggin earned his citizenship here!!

That's right, the Sho is the son of an immigrant! Cool

So, I'm obviously not against immigration. It just has to be LEGAL immigration.
This is a country of immigrants. But it's also a land of laws.
I hate scofflaws! If someone is OK with breaking one law, they're usually OK with breaking ANY law.....see #11 and #15 in Grizz's post.
nervous
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:17 pm

VASH wrote:
hahaha wow super fail to me! me->Flame Thrower <-fail lol

Quite alright, Vash. I was hoping someone would do like you did and get super pissed thinking these were our laws.

To quote Hannibal Smith, "I love it when a plan comes together." Laughing
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:23 pm

PyroJockey wrote:

First off, just because I read it on the internet, doesn’t mean it’s true. No offence intended Sho’Nuff, but Mewtwo actually has a valid point. omg I don’t know the source of these statutes, nor their accuracy, so I will keep my comments on immigration laws in general.
I think it's real. I found it several places. One of them being HumanEvents.com (Ronald Regan's favorite)

PyroJockey wrote:
During the Cuban boat lift in the mid ‘90s Castro took full advantage of our good nature and emptied his prisons and mental institutions and sent the inmates here as refugees. The US policy is not to send refugees back to a communist country, so they get to stay.
And that's how we got Scarface
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:17 pm

when did mexico get a constitution Suspect if they have one then i think i need to pay more attention in class Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:30 pm

hahaha they have a president too mewtwo in case u didnt know lol wow sho nuff i walked right into ur trap XP lol
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Let me make two points, then I will leave this topic alone.

1. When people talk about illegal immigration they seem to think Mexico is the only country involved. Illegal immigration comes from all over the world.

2. The United States ALLOWS illegal immigration to happen. Many people that come here are hard working people that allow themselves to be exploited for wages that most US Citizens would never agree to. If we really wanted to keep people out of this country, we could. The reason why food prices are somewhat reasonable is because of all of that cheap exploited labor out there working the fields. Dont believe me? Take a drive through the Central Valley in California and see how many US Citizens are out there working the field. Most of those workers are here illegally. So go ahead and deport them and watch food prices skyrocket. There is a demand for their services. As long as there is a demand, and a supply illegal entry into the US will continue to happen.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:41 am

Yeah, you're right about the wages. No American will break their back out in the fields picking in 110 degree heat!
So, we need a guest-worker program or something. Make these "undocumented" workers documented!
We can't make them citizens. That'd be unfair to the immigrants that did it the right way.
But put them on the books so we know who they are and they can also pay taxes on their income.

If immigrants are willing to do some of the hardest work in the world for $4/hour, I say let 'em!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Immigration Laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immigration Laws   Immigration Laws Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Immigration Laws
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: Milky Way Galaxy :: General-
Jump to: