The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Did you change the map order?

Go down 
+9
PyroJockey
dx
Kingkong
slayer
MrNoob
{DSB}Mewtwo
VASH
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
GRIZZ
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Parth
Grunt
Grunt
Parth

Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you change the map order?   Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:39 am

Yeah totally Vash. Endor CTF is what i want as wel. I'm not a big conquest person, CTF is what i really love ever since i started playing BFII.
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Did you change the map order?   Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 5:09 pm

Hoth Conquest with no vehicles afro
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Did you change the map order?   Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 5:18 pm

great big giant hoth with no vehicles hmmm......yeah that wouldnt empty out the arena lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Did you change the map order?   Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 5:41 pm

i agree lol and its the vehicles that make it fun!! then again im a suker 4 tryin to get that tank buster award XD lol
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Did you change the map order?   Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:21 pm

The great thing about Hoth is that you can work on your long range combat skills though. You can't just go around senselessly shooting rockets and throwing detpacks, because you'll get torn to bits by enemy snipers. Hoth takes a bit more patience and skills (if you're not one of the noobs in the vehicles, if vehicles are allowed, which in this case would not) than your average map. So that's why I love Hoth and think we should add it without the vehicles.

Last edited by Bouncer on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Did you change the map order?   Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:52 pm

Well, I finally had some time to sit down and look at the hoth lvl file. I put the walkers and snowspeeders back into Hoth conquest. I can't believe I procrastinated all this time. Took me less than 5 minutes to "un-mod" that map. Neutral

I'll put Hoth conquest into the rotation once I figure out a good spot for it. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Did you change the map order?   Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Just thought i would make some observations.

Hoth: This map is long as hell when there are no admins. Thankfully, Grizz ended it when the first team hit 3 flags after about 90 minutes of playing.
I have probably suggested this before somewhere, but the Hoth mod that .com used to use a long time ago could make that a better, quicker map. Its basically Hunt and CTF combined. You play with one of the usual classes, you all spawn in the back rebel base, and you kill each other lol. No post taking or flag scoring or heroes(i think).

- I played Polis Massa CTF with a server of 22 players. Next map was Space Yavin, it went down to 8 players and never recovered the rest of the night. No crashes that night either. I know a few of u love space, but i just thought that was pretty glaring.

-If I notice that the arena is empty, it generally is on the map Utapau. Tho, I have seen that map packed also, so I guess thats just a coincidence.

otherwise, its been fun playing in the server when the regs from .com arent on.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Did you change the map order?   Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:03 am

Sad he has a point space kills the arena Sad and i gotta vote not 4 myself but 4 the best interest of the arena Sad space Sad should Sad go Sad away Sad ....

on a happier note i kinda like the idea of a hoth free for all where every1 spawns in at same place and just go crazy! XD lol
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Did you change the map order?   Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:51 pm

Cool I still want dagobah back! even if i add it myself lol onoudidnt
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Did you change the map order?   Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 12:08 am

- I agree that space should be replaced. Just not enough people like it. I know Vash does and if he is suggesting it should be removed then it should

- Hoth can be fun or really boring. Its fun when the players actually know what they are doing. When people are off exploring with Dark Troopers are running around in the open as a bothan it is extremly boring. When both teams are agressively attacking both bases its fun. In order to score, you need teamwork but if both teams suck, it takes forever.

- I like Mustafar but it can get boring too. Both teams sit pack and wait and slaughter the 1 or 2 people trying to get the flag. The republic has jet troopers posted and they ambush the person with the flag.

The best battles are on tantive iv, DS Clone Wars and Utapau.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you change the map order?   Did you change the map order? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you change the map order?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: General-
Jump to: