The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Grunt day

Go down 
+6
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX
Fancypants
Mike
JJ'
KillaK
HughNC
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HughNC
Rookie
Rookie
HughNC

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Arena is going to have a grunt only day/match. Need a list of those interested, going to password protect the server. Do we do this like a round robin tourney, maybe 1v1 3 out 5(for part of it), or just battle during regular map rotation(which sorta makes more sense, with majority of players not having mics).

Also I was wondering if maybe anyone was interested in doing that with the other classes also (no specials, too much modding would have to be done, not worth it). Maybe do something like this every one or two weeks. Sniper match, engie match, etc. Let me hear from u ppl.
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Nice Hugh. The old Battle server used to set aside days for one class only. As long as we have enough people, than just use the regular map rotation. ( I would definitely favor the smaller/popular maps like Tantive, MosE, Coruscant, DS, etc....)

Also, NO Aliases! I'd rather recognize all the names in the server, than playing people keeping their identity a secret and not talking! For the Battle server, we booted any name we didnt know. This is just based on experience with people who's sole purpose was to "disrupt gameplay."

A side competition for this particular event could be the Deadeye award. Whoever accumulates the most headshots wins. (If you base a competition off kills, there will be a lot of intentional kill stealing. Evil or Very Mad )

Other than that, just have fun. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
JJ'

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Count JJ' in. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:43 pm

I'll play ... even though its my worst class lol. Team damage on I hope?
Back to top Go down
Fancypants
Grunt
Grunt
Fancypants

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:01 pm

great idea with the headshots Killak! and ofc I'm in.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
{Apocalypse}XxB.R.xX

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 am

I'm in. lol I need to make a new account on this site too since I left apoc. I vote for a regular map rotation with grunts only with team damage on. lol
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:56 pm

So this gets alot of attention but yet the STR battle is mostly ignored.....hmmmmmmm. I'm down for both, I have no fear. Wink
Back to top Go down
HughNC
Rookie
Rookie
HughNC

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Password is grunts. This Saturday 2/4/12 from 7pm to 11pm EST. TD off or on. Please vote on that. BR td on.

I replied about the STR battle. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:12 pm

My vote is for TD on. If you guys are going to lock the server, we will know everyone in there, and no one will teamkill on purpose really.
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Yea do TD ON. Any names that you don't recognize that come into the server have a shorter leash! If u got a mic, put it on por favor!
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 am

td on or off either way.
Back to top Go down
HughNC
Rookie
Rookie
HughNC

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:45 pm

For grunts only, TD will be on. Maps are as follows, any request other that what I post will b considered.

DS gcw ctf, Mos gcw con, cor cw ctf, mus gcw con, uta gcw ctf, naboo gcw con, myg cw ctf, tan gcw con. Thinking about setting timer for 30 min, what do u think?
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Mandalore

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:56 pm

HughNC wrote:
For grunts only, TD will be on. Maps are as follows, any request other that what I post will b considered.

DS gcw ctf, Mos gcw con, cor cw ctf, mus gcw con, uta gcw ctf, naboo gcw con, myg cw ctf, tan gcw con. Thinking about setting timer for 30 min, what do u think?

Sounds good. I am not sure to be able to play but I will spread the voice to gather some members, at least for a big only grunt battle.
Back to top Go down
Fancypants
Grunt
Grunt
Fancypants

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Mandalore wrote:
Sounds good. I am not sure to be able to play but I will spread the voice to gather some members, at least for a big only grunt battle.

how does one spread "The Voice" ? I need to get that app. Peanut Butter Jelly

oh, and 30 min timers are great.
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Mandalore

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:50 am

Fancypants wrote:
Mandalore wrote:

how does one spread "The Voice" ? I need to get that app. Peanut Butter Jelly

Lol
Back to top Go down
Fancypants
Grunt
Grunt
Fancypants

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:59 am

hehe.... well, I'm a singer. So spreading my voice would really appeal to me. love the new song by "Vol beat" Warrior's call. Gets me pumped to play guitar
Back to top Go down
Fancypants
Grunt
Grunt
Fancypants

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:27 am

great times tonight!! one of the battles went down to the wire.. 1 reinforcement to 1 reinforcement . Thanks to all who showed up and played... Some really nice grunts out there, I was kinda overwhelmed by some peoples ability to kill me so fast. But then again I am use to having a heavy, which has a bit more armor. scratch
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:33 am

Well me, Fancy, and KillaK just got off after the server got back to Death Star CTF, so I think we went all the way through the rotation. Today was a great day and I hope we can do it again. I did what KillaK suggested and kept track of who got Dead Eye (most headshots) on each map:

Death Star CTF: Mike
Mos Eisley Conquest: JJ`
Coruscant CTF: JJ`
Mustafar Conquest: JJ`
Utapau CTF: Albion
Naboo Conquest: Rupture
Mygeeto CTF: KillaK
Tantive Conquest: KillaK
Hoth CTF: (skipped) KillaK
Yavin IV Conquest: Rupture

It should be noted that JJ' left before KillaK came so they never got to go against each other on a map for headshot king lol.
Rupture also made a video of some of the footage from the first map. It can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQM84ruz8_U

This event was awesome and I think you guys should do more in the future, we had about 20 people or so playing at one time. There was only 2 incidents of people not using a grunt. Some guy named Havoc using a rocket on Utapau, and Blade swtiching to an engie to heal / sniping on Utapau. They were both handled within minutes though, so not too much went wrong.

If we do something like this again I would suggest maybe getting the grunts only mod for next time. That way people CAN'T switch to an engie to heal or do other things even if they wanted to. Maybe if you guys got the grunts only mod, you could leave the server unlocked, since people could only play grunt anyway.

Well, I had fun anyway I hope we can do it again.

Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Mike wrote:

If we do something like this again I would suggest maybe getting the grunts only mod for next time. That way people CAN'T switch to an engie to heal or do other things even if they wanted to. Maybe if you guys got the grunts only mod, you could leave the server unlocked, since people could only play grunt anyway.

Well, I had fun anyway I hope we can do it again.

Agree 100% with this. I think it would help to alleviate the problems people have with campers. (Cause than they cant fix their precious droids Twisted Evil )

And thanks for doing the headshot thing Mike. I meant to play earlier, but was too focused on my Knicks. Cool
Back to top Go down
HughNC
Rookie
Rookie
HughNC

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:34 am

Going to have a TD off grunts only today, 2/11/12, 7 pm EST - until. Will look into maybe modding later, but for right now going to lock server. I am going to fix the droids, will maybe designate a volunteer(Aurorus said he may do it some). Designated ppl are allowed to change to engy n fix the droids, they can't shoot or detpack. If they so desire they may go to the frontlines and disperse packs at their own peril, because they are fair game! Anyone not designated changes, will get the boot. U may return, do it again, 1 day ban. Sho'Nuff gets to lay out 4 mines at the start of every map(Current house rules, u may mail any objections to Santa). Incorrectly posted dates for events, pls forgive, going to have a TD off rockets only on the 18th, next Saturday. On the 24th, 2 weeks, snipers only. Then in 3 weeks, engies only. I will let everyone vote on TD off/on for the sniper/ engie events.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:36 am

TD OFF for rockets?! *facepalm* I can almost understand for the grunts, but c'mon thats a tad on the ridiculous side.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:23 am

And the td off bitching begins Rolling Eyes Not sure what time I can make it for Grunts. But yeah I wanna be Engy
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:02 pm

AURORUS wrote:
And the td off bitching begins

I really don't know why you keep saying sh*t. You "bitch" about countless other things, and most of the time it makes sense where you are coming from. This is no different from you "bitching" about players using specials. It's just my opinion, and I'll say it as many times as I want. It would surprise me if, a player as old as you, who claims to be a legend, would want TD off for rockets.
Back to top Go down
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
JJ'

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Mike wrote:
TD OFF for rockets?! *facepalm* I can almost understand for the grunts, but c'mon thats a tad on the ridiculous side.

It'd be too chaotic for team damage to be on. I'm with you Mike, but it just wouldn't be suitable in these circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Well this time around, not too many people showed up, but it was still pretty fun. I forgot to keep track of Dead Eye this time, oh well.

The reason I think not a lot of people came was because some clans were playing against each other. R and BOT were both playing at the same time as the grunt event, so that left us out at least 5 or 7 players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grunt day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grunt day   Grunt day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grunt day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: BattleZone-
Jump to: