The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.

Go down 
+3
Mandalore
Jayem
SG-17
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Empty
PostSubject: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:23 am

Can you add more Conquest maps to rotation? 3 out of 23 is pretty pisspoor for the gamemode that the game is founded upon.

As well there is massive recon droid spam on small maps like Death Star CTF.
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Jayem
Grunt
Grunt
Jayem

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:28 am

f*#k recon droids
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 6:53 pm

SG-17 wrote:
Can you add more Conquest maps to rotation? 3 out of 23 is pretty pisspoor for the gamemode that the game is founded upon.

Arena server is mainly focused on CTF. That's why it do not have so many conquest maps.
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Mandalore wrote:
SG-17 wrote:

Arena server is mainly focused on CTF. That's why it do not have so many conquest maps.
Well Arena is pretty much the only active server. It sucks that there aren't many Conquest maps.
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:12 pm

I hear ya SG. I miss conquest. Sad

But i think they got Mos eisley, naboo, and geonosis for conquest maps currently.
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:17 pm

KillaK wrote:
I hear ya SG. I miss conquest. Sad

But i think they got Mos eisley, naboo, and geonosis for conquest maps currently.
Indeed, but the ratio of Conquest to CTF means that Conquest maps only come up maybe once a day.

These few maps should be added for Conquest:

Hoth
Kashyyyk (GCW)
Endor
Yavin IV (GCW)
Polis Massa (GCW)
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:30 pm

I definitely disagree with Hoth(THE WORST CONQUEST IMO) Its vehicle whore city. Polis M. is good. Kashyyk/Yavin is ok. I think Endor is horrible too. CTF and Conquest. I think that map would be much better if you could play at least 50 people. And I think I remember Tantive being in the rotation before or am I mistaken? It probably got taken off but I'm not sure. Anyway, that one would be good too.
Back to top Go down
Fancypants
Grunt
Grunt
Fancypants

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:46 pm

I'd like to pipe in to, I do miss conquest. But the people that play on this server are not familiar with it, so when these maps come up, some guys do not even play them, or don't understand you have to take command posts, or defend them. Which is why these maps only last a few minutes sometimes.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Or more like people don't know when NOT to take the last command post after 5 mins. I cant stand that crap. A couple of douchebags were doing that with darkies flying around shocking people and taking bases. I'm like, why are you even in here if you're gonna show everyone what a wuss you are? lol
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:31 am

What I don't understand is how CTF became this popular. During the heyday of SWBF2 CTF was only played as a tie-breaker map for clan matches, and even then only on Death Star or Tantive IV GCW.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:09 pm

sg-17 I don't remember that at all. And I've been playing since '07 As far as I remember CTF and Conquest were both just as popular with people preferring one or another.. Were you only playing on .com or something? I think the biggest reason is CTF matches LAST. And its a straight up battle. There is no going back and forth base to base and the normal chaos that goes along with it. I like both, but I prefer CTF because of that. Not to mention it forces teamwork more helping out getting that flag. And to me, its harder scoring the flag with everyone out to get you than just going around taking bases.
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:52 pm

AURORUS wrote:
sg-17 I don't remember that at all. And I've been playing since '07 As far as I remember CTF and Conquest were both just as popular with people preferring one or another.. Were you only playing on .com or something? I think the biggest reason is CTF matches LAST. And its a straight up battle. There is no going back and forth base to base and the normal chaos that goes along with it. I like both, but I prefer CTF because of that. Not to mention it forces teamwork more helping out getting that flag. And to me, its harder scoring the flag with everyone out to get you than just going around taking bases.
I played with The Battlefront Community. The successor to sites like Warzone-Online and Sonic Army.

CTF was forbidden by unanimous vote for non-Tie Breaker maps in clan matches on the ladder. Clan servers at the time had at most 4 CTF maps compared to at least 10 Conquest maps. Reinforcements were always at maximum with no time limit and matches could last more than a half an hour.
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:03 pm

SG-17 wrote:
AURORUS wrote:
I played with The Battlefront Community. The successor to sites like Warzone-Online and Sonic Army.

CTF was forbidden by unanimous vote for non-Tie Breaker maps in clan matches on the ladder. Clan servers at the time had at most 4 CTF maps compared to at least 10 Conquest maps. Reinforcements were always at maximum with no time limit and matches could last more than a half an hour.

Remember one detail, those rules do not apply here in Arena server because this is a public server. For clan battles and other stuff, those rules will apply for clan battles/scrims.

Question: Are you back to the game?
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Mandalore wrote:
SG-17 wrote:
AURORUS wrote:

Remember one detail, those rules do not apply here in Arena server because this is a public server. For clan battles and other stuff, those rules will apply for clan battles/scrims.

Question: Are you back to the game?
I wasn't implying that they apply here, I was stating that CTF was very uncommon prior than 2 1/2 years ago.

I don't play regularly, maybe once a week when I get bored.
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Yea the TD off servers have trended more towards CTF the past couple of years. The older servers like .com(old official), Battle, DSA, Todd were a good mix of both conquest and CTF, but generally favoring conquest.

Idk, just happy that there are still a few servers to play in. As long as you leave out space and jedi, I'll be content Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:41 pm

CTF was probably uncommon in some clan servers and in clan battles. But I saw a good mix of both like Killak said. Thats the way it should be. I think they should be evened out. I dont understand why it always has to be one favored over the other. And this is coming from someone who prefers CTF.
Back to top Go down
Fancypants
Grunt
Grunt
Fancypants

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:31 pm

yesterday night, I bumped us out of ctf on "Death Star" that was not going anywhere. I changed it to a conquest map on Naboo. After about three minutes it was over, so I restarted it, and typed in some comments about not taking the last base, and lets play longer than a few minutes. I was surprised with the outcome. We had a great map, and it lasted about 20 or 30 minutes. Nice job for all of you who were involved with that one. cheers
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Grunt
Grunt
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:09 am

Is Conquest more prevalent on the rotation now?
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Yeah, we've got more conquests in there now.
The Map Rotation thread isn't always updated.

I personally like CTF for one reason: I played TONS of conquest maps (too many) when I was playing Galactic Conquest in Single-Player mode back in the day
I played the sh*t outa this game for a long time before I even plugged a network cable into my PS2.

When I finally got online, I saw that most servers were doing mostly CTF maps (even the server named TODD Conquest). Laughing
And I thought CTF was a million times faster and funner! You are forced to either grab the flag from the enemy's base or bring it right to the enemy's base. Lots of action. And killin. Twisted Evil

Conquest can be like that too sometimes. But certain maps tend to just be a game of hide-n-seek.
I'm careful which maps I choose for Conquest mode.

Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.     Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conquest and Recon Droid spamming.
Page 1 of 1