The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

24-Hour Ban

Go down 
+4
Kingkong
eagle22
{DSB}Mewtwo
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm tired of booting someone for cheating and then have 'em come back to glitch again and again...
So anyone I catch glitching, is getting banned for the day! Period. No more warnings or quick kicks from the Sho'afro

And if I keep seeing the same name pop up on the ban list over and over again, the ban lengths will get longer and longer. 1 week, 2 weeks, then permanent ban!

When we say NO Cheating we mean it! pissed
We have a LOT of Admins now! And they take care of bitness.
You're crazy to try to cheat in The Arena! Yer Crazy!
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:21 pm

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
We have a LOT of Admins now! And they take care of bitness.
You're crazy to try to cheat in The Arena! Yer Crazy!
bitness,lol and yeah they probably are crazy Yer Crazy!
Back to top Go down
eagle22
Grunt
Grunt
eagle22

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:46 am

lolz good point
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:50 pm

how many admins do yall have total.?i am just wondering
Back to top Go down
Kingkong
Grunt
Grunt
Kingkong

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:26 pm

i think we have about 7 or more? WTF?
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:38 am

na i think it closer to 13 lol course could b more by now lol o wait maybe that was a bluff to scare glitchers lol
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:12 am

I will not tell the exact number but it is well over 13 and growing Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:16 am

All I got to say is good luck on finding a glitcher who gets away with it for more than 10 minutes if at all! Heck I boot repeat offenders as soon as they try! lol! king
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:12 am

half of the glitchers probably could care less if they were booted or banned from the arena
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:30 am

24 hour ban? You folks are far too trusting. Glitching is non-existent on the top PC servers. They have a strict anti-glitching policy, “Glitching = permanent ban, no questions”. It seems to work.
Back to top Go down
Kingkong
Grunt
Grunt
Kingkong

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:00 am

permanent bans seems like a good idea!!! Peanut Butter Jelly
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:04 pm

You want to give the glitchers a chance to come back and play without glitching. I have booted and banned plenty of them and there are those players who stopped glitching and haven't done it since, and then you have those children who never learn lol. I bet that there are very few 10 year old glitchers playing the PC version, there all playing ps2 lol.
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:07 pm

i dont like that becuase some people glitch for the fun of it.some of the glitchers could beat me even if they werent glitching
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Then they can go play in the glitcher server! The Arena is for real players playing the game the right way! Cool
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:08 pm

Yeah, we have over 10 admins. Might still be less than 20 though.
But we're kinda trying to keep that number secret....
Kinda like during a debate when someone asked Sen. Fred Thompson if he owns any guns:
"Yeah, I own a couple of guns. But I'm not going to tell you what they are or where they are!"
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:39 pm

who is Fred Thompson?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:57 am

GRIZZ wrote:
...and then you have those children who never learn lol. I bet that there are very few 10 year old glitchers playing the PC version, there all playing ps2 lol.

@GRIZZ, Good point, there is a significant difference in the cost of a PS2/PS3 and a good gaming PC.

As for rehabilitating glitchers, maybe a 3 strikes, you're out policy would be more appropriate. Then ban the little son-a-glitches for a year. Give them a little time to grow up.

As for sending them to the glitching server, I have seen some of the names from the ban lists at .com and arena come into the glitchng server, but they usually don’t glitch when in there.

I guess legalized glitching’s no fun when they realize: thumbs down
  • There is no real tactical advantage to glitching. (I have yet to see someone win a game with glitching)
  • You can score more cheap kills by spawn camping than by glitching. (your opponent can avoid a glitch but they have to spawn at known locations)
  • Your opponents will not hesitate to glitch in after you and kick your ass. (almost all glitches have a countermeasure or weakness)

I think people that try to glitch in the mainstream servers are not interested in playing the game, they do it just to see what they can get away with and to really piss people off. pissed I really don't think a 24 hour ban will phase them.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:45 pm

yep I do the three strike thing more or less, first time 1day,second time 3days,third time a week. so far with a few players who don't learn it seems to work.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:27 pm

very well thought out pyro lol i agree lol altough personally i love glitchers lol i get this warm fuzzy feeling n my heart when i hunt em down and get em XD altough the days of frontier justice is all but gone with all the admins lol my days of roundin up glitchers r over lol sigh...
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:01 pm

@ Pyro: I think you're right about the glitchers not actually liking the game. I think they are just like hackers. And some of them are! We've booted or banned a cheater before and then all of a sudden the server crashes. Just little anti-social dweebs trying to make people mad.
Lahoooo-Zaherrrrrs! Cool

The reason I give them a chance to change their ways is we actually have some reformed glitchers in Apocalypse. So I know that a player can stop cheating. Just have to give them incentive to play fair.

Plus, if I perm-ban all the glitchers, the PS2 game will probably die out. At peak time, there's only about 100-150 players on the PS2 servers. Ain't much of us left. And you can't glitch on every map! So I figure I'll let the cheaters play the non-glitchable maps (is that a word?) Laughing just so we have someone to shoot at!
roflmao

@MewTwo: Google, buddy, Google. You younglings have access to the best and easiest form of information that the world has EVER known!

But I'll tell ya anyways.... hehe

He was a U.S. Senator from Tennessee. He ran for President in 2008 but somehow the old Irish guy won the GOP nomination instead. Oh yeah, he's an actor too! He was in the T.V. show Law & Order. He was also the air-traffic control supervisor in Die Hard 2. Cool old guy. Hot wife too! pimp
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:16 pm

well,i am not gonna be a youngling anymore because next wednesday,i am gonna be a TEENAGER lol Cool king
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:47 am

hahaha we btr not 4get his bday guys cuz he keeps reminding us all will have no excuses XD lol
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:08 am

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
And you can't glitch on every map! So I figure I'll let the cheaters play the non-glitchable maps (is that a word?)

That really limits the options. These are the only maps I know no glitches for.
  • Endor
  • Felucia
  • Kashyyyk, Galactic Civil Wars (unless you count flying a speeder or tank up a tree to a platform a glitch, then you'd have to play it tankless)
  • Mygeeto, Galactic Civil Wars without tanks (I'm not 100% sure about this one. A sniper with an autoturret may still be able to glitch into the central building, but I've yet to see it done)

yes I'd consider "non-glitchable" a word, but I wouldn't try to pass it as such in Scrabble.
Back to top Go down
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
JJ'

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:16 pm

I've seen people glitchin under the shield generator in Endor, and I don't doubt a sniper could easily glitch in Mygeeto.

Pyrojockey Wrote:
Quote :
yes I'd consider "non-glitchable" a word, but I wouldn't try to pass it as such in Scrabble.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:50 pm

how do you glitch under the shield generator?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

24-Hour Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24-Hour Ban   24-Hour Ban Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

24-Hour Ban
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: Glitchers-
Jump to: