The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Vehicular Homicide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Vehicular Homicide  Empty
PostSubject: Vehicular Homicide    Vehicular Homicide  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Most servers eliminate vehicles to eliminate lag and because they can't stand noob jerk tank whores like myself. I of course say to hell with the lag and let the demolition derby begin. All of my maps have vehicles enabled with rapid re-spawn times and maximum decay timers. I've already made an Endor speederbike race mod and on Hoth conquest have ATAT vs ATAT combat and added a Snowspeeder spawn for the Empire and spawn ATST's in the hangar when the Empire controls it.

Here are some of the things I would like to do but haven't found the means.

Spawn AAT's/ATST's on Mos Eisley conquest. There is a vehicle spawn object left over from SWBF but the vehicles are not instantiated in the mission file. I tried replacing the Jawas with an AAT but it had no affect.

Increase the maximum number of vehicles that can spawn in a map. Every vehicle spawn has a maximum number of vehicles but there is a global maximum that supersedes this value. For example on Polis Massa CTF there are the same 3 vehicle spawn for both CW and GCW eras but the maximum value for GCW is 6 while the maximum value for CW is only 1. I would like to see some tank on tank action in the CW era too.

Be able to spawn more than 1 ATTE on Geonosis conquest. Currently I can switch the single ATTE back and fourth between the Republic and the CIS, but I want to have an all out ATTE battle, similar to the dueling ATAT's I have on Hoth (a few more ATAT's on Hoth wouldn't be bad either).

I assume all these values are located in the mission file. There is always the possibility that these values will be redundant from those on the PS2 disk and the values on the disk will always override the modded values on the server.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Grunt
Grunt
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Vehicular Homicide    Vehicular Homicide  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Those are very impressive accomplishments if i may say so myself thumbs up and towards your comment on spawning a tank on mos eisley. So far me and weems have no room to talk towards helping you lol! but we do know that it has been done weems told me himself that he witnessed eyes only put an at-st in the GCW mode of the map. How he did it is beyond me...but atleast we know there is hope cheers And how in the world did you spawn at-st's in the hoth hanger?! lol. and must i ask how you even swapped the spawning teams for the at-at?!?! You sir are a GENIUS! thumbs up lol.
Back to top Go down
WEEMS(Evolution)
Rookie
Rookie
WEEMS(Evolution)

PostSubject: Re: Vehicular Homicide    Vehicular Homicide  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 12:15 am

Yeah, spawning a vehicle on Mos Eisley IS possible and has been done. Ive asked him many times how its done, but he woulnt tell sadly. And does anyone know how to spawn active jed knights & masters on Coruscant like from campaign in Order 66?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Vehicular Homicide    Vehicular Homicide  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:10 am

Eyes was not open to reveling how he did it but alluded to a re-munged map. This may require the clients to run a burned disk with the modification. I don't know. It is possible I am close but need to increase the maximum number of vehicles on a map to a value greater than zero.

As for the dueling ATAT's, eliminate one of the ATAT spawns and swap the tauntaun at the hangar with an ATAT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicular Homicide    Vehicular Homicide  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vehicular Homicide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: Modifications-
Jump to: