The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Harvesting gas from Uranus?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Harvesting gas from Uranus? Empty
PostSubject: Harvesting gas from Uranus?   Harvesting gas from Uranus? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:46 pm

As silly as this topic sounds it does have a Star Wars connection. In the article Harvesting gas from Uranus could power an interstellar spaceship they discuss "mining" Helium 3 gas from floating mining stations at Uranus.
Harvesting gas from Uranus? Uranus-gas-thumb-550xauto-63634

Sounds a lot like Bespin to me
Harvesting gas from Uranus? Cloudcity1
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Harvesting gas from Uranus?   Harvesting gas from Uranus? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:29 pm

O! o.. o.. o.. O! so they gonna have minnig facilites on other planets b4 they have gaint robot wars!!?? i mean its 2011 wheres the flying cars??!! lol btw that sounds really sik i wonder how profitable it will b cuz it sounds expensive lol
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Harvesting gas from Uranus?   Harvesting gas from Uranus? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:16 pm

thats cool science fiction becomes science fact all the time. the only problem with this is years and several decades away maybe even a century or 2 especially the way the economy is going lol

Last edited by GRIZZ on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Harvesting gas from Uranus?   Harvesting gas from Uranus? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:53 pm

VASH wrote:
so they gonna have minnig facilites on other planets b4 they have gaint robot wars!!??
They're working on it...

VASH wrote:
that sounds really sik i wonder how profitable it will b cuz it sounds expensive lol
Space travel itself is not cheap. The cost savings is that you can refuel in transit and not have to carry all required fuel with you. And if they can power fusion reactors on Earth with Helium 3, then Uranus would be the new middle east.

VASH wrote:
its 2011 wheres the flying cars??!!
They do have flying cars, kinda...

That's ok, it's 2011 and we didn't have a nuclear war yet either, so I'm not complaining.
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Harvesting gas from Uranus?   Harvesting gas from Uranus? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:51 am

That's pretty frickin cool! That is the only way we're gonna be able to do deep space travel - by storing the fuel in space.
Speaking of deep space, Buck Rogers was supposed to go on his deep space voyage in, now get this, 1996!! laugh
And we're supposed to have cryogenic sleep by 2001. Jupiter is gonna be a sun in 2010....

We are so far behind Hollywood's vision for our future. Greener
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: Harvesting gas from Uranus?   Harvesting gas from Uranus? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:57 pm

haha this sounds really neat.... This is gonna take forever tho lol...way beyond our lifetimes..

Gotta be careful with those gas planets. Their atmospheres can be extremely volatile. Hundreds of times more than Earth's!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harvesting gas from Uranus?   Harvesting gas from Uranus? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harvesting gas from Uranus?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: Star Wars Galaxy :: General-
Jump to: