The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider

Go down 
+6
{DSB}Mewtwo
AURORUS
PyroJockey
flamingdragons-1
vergamaton
Mike
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:56 pm

PyroJockey wrote:
AURORUS wrote:
HOw are the noobs going to learn if you keep the same bullshit going?

I'm curious, how would you suggest teaching the noobs?

Definition of a noob(not a newb):Courtesy of practically every site out there."n00bs know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own."
"However a newb is a newbie or a beginner."
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:43 pm

{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:

Definition of a noob(not a newb):Courtesy of practically every site out there."n00bs know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own."

You forgot about "nüb".
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:31 pm

PyroJockey wrote:
{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:

You forgot about "nüb".
Thats BS...i cant google it.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:15 am

haha seriously aurorus how many years has this game been out? if they havent learnd by now then they aint gonna lol i think it is a WISE decision to change things bak to how they used to b lol fortunetly games arnt like politics lol u cant just do whats in the best interest of a few but what the majority wants and face it noobs will always outnumber talented players lol and there is my 2 cents good luck sho lol
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Yea I would just go back to one server. Have a lineup of, say...
Death Star
Tantive
Coruscant
Mos Eisley
Mustafar
Jabba's Palace
and maybe one opne map like Endor(which doesnt have tanks i think for CTF?)

than repeat.....

No need for two servers really. There are 3 TD OFF official servers(.com, arena, official), which is really all u need.

I know I'll be playing in TD ON servers for the most part in the summer, so u can ignore this entirely if u want lol....... Sad
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:14 am

PyroJockey wrote:
You forgot about "nüb".
{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:
Thats BS...i cant google it.

Typical nüb
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:24 am

AURORUS wrote:
All youre doing is encouraging more spawn camping, home base camping, lame tactics, etc...
Which server doesn't have this?

What's up with this sense of entitlement? Fer real, what's in your stuff? Suspect

I never understand why do some players think that all the other players should play only a certain way?

I like spawn-campers on Death Star. I usually get on the Empire and that's some fun s#*%. Even if I die a million times. Still a blast! Wink
But then again, I'm not in it to prove some e-skill. I just like the pew-pew Grunt Rocket
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:37 am

KillaK wrote:
Yea I would just go back to one server. Have a lineup of, say...
Death Star
Tantive
Coruscant
Mos Eisley
Mustafar
Jabba's Palace
and maybe one opne map like Endor(which doesnt have tanks i think for CTF?)

than repeat.....

No need for two servers really. There are 3 TD OFF official servers(.com, arena, official), which is really all u need.

I know I'll be playing in TD ON servers for the most part in the summer, so u can ignore this entirely if u want lol....... Sad

Is there AI for those TD On servers? Wink

I think the rotation should be a little longer than that. But I would like the players to help with the rotation.

I like Endor CTF fer sure. Maybe Yavin if I turned the tanks off. Kashyyyk is OK, but it needs "something" to make it funner, Utapau if I took out specials for that one, etc....

I don't just put the rotation up here on the website so y'all can see what the next map will be when you're playing....
Lemme know if the rotation stinks!
Does it stall out after a couple slow maps?
Too many dark maps in a row?
Too many quick maps in a row?
Too many long maps in a row?

I'm lucky if I can play thru 2 maps in a row before my kid is screaming daddy and knocking the controller outa my hand. So I don't know if the flow sucks or not. You guys gotta gimme some input to the rotation. Things I can change. I can't make ppl play a different way. But I can put up better maps and settings.
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:29 am

PyroJockey wrote:
PyroJockey wrote:
You forgot about "nüb".
{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:
[center]Thats BS...i cant google it.[/center

Typical nüb
LOL
Quote :
Kashyyyk is OK, but it needs "something" to make it funner, Utapau if I took out specials for that one, etc....
Something like the planet space battle from SWB1 or you could make every class have jetpacks.I doubt pyro could do that but what i mean is when in the campaign on Kamino the clones have jet troopers with sniper rifles...etc.
OR you could let it have empire vs clones clones vs rebels...etc.Im pretty sure you cant do that on ps2 only on pc.
If anything take a look at SWB1 Kashyyk(not the island)and see what makes that map awesome.Well practically everything in that map is awesome.Then take a look and see if you could do that on the server.I seriously doubt it but thats why i have a pc and ps2 version.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:23 pm

The word "noob" originates from newbie. The reason for its spelling is because in old servers they would ban the word newbie or newb so people wouldnt rag on new people. So people started getting around that by changing the spelling to noob. Just like with "pwn" was "own" etc etc.

And if you people cant understand that deathstar CTF is utter f*#king bullshit with no timer and ENCOURAGES douchebag play more than any other map, then YOU people are those douchebags. Shonuff you used to be cool and played straight up but reading what you typed on here totally changes my opinion of you. You love spawn camping? Seriously? Thats the most lame, pathetic tactic in ANY game. Its almost as bad as glitching. You and Grizz are f*#king shart up doing some shady ass shart and its no wonder good players like darthwiley leave your clan. "entitlement"? LOL This is plain common f*#king sense. It has nothing to do with playing "a certain way". All I'm saying is play for fun but RESPECT OTHER PLAYERS who also want to have fun. Your absurd notion of having fun may be to play like a douche, but the rest of us actually have a fraction of sense of honor and respect.
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:51 pm

AURORUS wrote:
The word "noob" originates from newbie. The reason for its spelling is because in old servers they would ban the word newbie or newb so people wouldnt rag on new people. So people started getting around that by changing the spelling to noob. Just like with "pwn" was "own" etc etc.
And if you people cant understand that deathstar CTF is utter f*#king bullshit with no timer and ENCOURAGES douchebag play more than any other map, then YOU people are those douchebags. Shonuff you used to be cool and played straight up but reading what you typed on here totally changes my opinion of you. You love spawn camping? Seriously? Thats the most lame, pathetic tactic in ANY game. Its almost as bad as glitching. You and Grizz are f*#king shart up doing some shady ass shart and its no wonder good players like darthwiley leave your clan. "entitlement"? LOL This is plain common f*#king sense. It has nothing to do with playing "a certain way". All I'm saying is play for fun but RESPECT OTHER PLAYERS who also want to have fun. Your absurd notion of having fun may be to play like a douche, but the rest of us actually have a fraction of sense of honor and respect.
True.

Whoa dude,first,calm down.Now then,yes alot of people do think that the DS is retarded without a timer,including me.However,noobs like the DS because it is so easy to get kills and camp.And since alot of the people in this game are noobs,since most of the "vets" left this game,there is usually only one map to play that will get regular traffic at most hours.However,alot of people,like me,play jedi more than CTF or Conquest because alot of the people that play jedi are pros at the game and can come to any CTF or Conquest server and still pwn everybody.I for one,hate spawn camping.But on the DS you are always camping no matter where you are because there is about 5-10 entrances on that map and those are camp spots.Even on the middle arena you are still camping either the "Hallway of Death" or the Hanger.Now someone might say that that is true for all maps but it isnt.Just look at Kashyyk,for example.Tell me where you see any camp spots besides their spawn points.Thats right there arent any except for the big treehouse thing in the middle of the map.In DS,everywhere you go you are at some point camping.Which is why i dont like DS but i can deal with it.If you get tired of it then play another game.

This should be true for every game out there,but people ruin them by hacking,glitching,etc.
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:36 pm

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:

Is there AI for those TD On servers? Wink

lol nah man....usually around 8-14 players, mostly cause the BFC season has started again for the summer and past Clan players return to compete.....
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Killak, youre not getting the point. In fact, youre reinforcing it with what you said. Everything you said about DS is exactly why there shouldnt be an ENTIRE SERVER dedicated to it. And as I already said, why would you want to ENCOURAGE more lame tactics?? It makes no sense. Its taking away players from good servers like......umm....i dunno........ARENA????
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Wait, I didn't say anything about DS in this thread, so I'm not sure what u are referring to. I was just giving a suggestion to go back to the one Arena server......and I dont play in the server a lot which is why I said u can ignore that suggestion?
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:23 pm

{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:

people,like me,play jedi more than CTF or Conquest because alot of the people that play jedi are pros at the game and can come to any CTF or Conquest server and still pwn everybody.

Sorry for double post, but I just noticed this. You guys should post a challenge on our site than, joinfear.forumwise.com....We are always looking for someone to fight! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:46 pm

KillaK wrote:
{DSB}Mewtwo wrote:

people,like me,play jedi more than CTF or Conquest because alot of the people that play jedi are pros at the game and can come to any CTF or Conquest server and still pwn everybody.

Sorry for double post, but I just noticed this. You guys should post a challenge on our site than, joinfear.forumwise.com....We are always looking for someone to fight! Very Happy
LOL,dude im not in that clan anymore.The last time i played this game was around a year ago.I was in it for a couple of months.It was DSB then it turned into Sin.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:28 pm

LOL My reply was meant for mewtwo. And I think you and he should have figured out it was meant for him.

So...um....mewtwo?.....yeah

"This should be true for every game out there,but people ruin them by hacking,glitching,etc."

AND SPAWN CAMPING

And Pyro, you teach them BY EXAMPLE
Back to top Go down
KillaK
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
KillaK

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:10 am

Well u started your post with my name, so it was confusing.... Sad

and damn it mewtwo than why u care Smoking
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:04 am

Yeah that was my bad Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:26 pm

AURORUS wrote:
LOL My reply was meant for mewtwo. And I think you and he should have figured out it was meant for him.So...um....mewtwo?.....yeah

"This should be true for every game out there,but people ruin them by hacking,glitching,etc."

AND SPAWN CAMPING

Actually,i knew it was for me but i didnt want to say anything.

Yes,that is true and the list keeps going on and on.Thats why i put etc.
Killak wrote:
and damn it mewtwo than why u care
?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:10 pm

AURORUS wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean, but it almost sounds like you mean it's a bad thing. hmmm

I made a sandbox and I let the kids play in it. I get to test my mods and we all have a blast. Isn't that what it's all about, having fun?
Sniperbatterup Grunt Rocket Da Uzi 9mm Shotty Flame Thrower

PyroJockey wrote:
AURORUS wrote:
HOw are the noobs going to learn if you keep the same bullshit going?
I'm curious, how would you suggest teaching the noobs?
Well?
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:39 am

ARE YOU HIGH? The first quote you posted is answering your question in the last quote! roflmao
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:45 pm

AURORUS wrote:
ARE YOU HIGH? The first quote you posted is answering your question in the last quote! roflmao

No, I'm not high (you sure do talk about drugs a lot Mr. Green ). I misinterpreted your statement. As I said, I wasn't sure what you meant. This is more apparent if you look at the quote with additional context:

AURORUS wrote:

AND SPAWN CAMPING

From the statements given I inferred that you meant I (PyroJockey) was teaching them (the noobs) by my example of hacking, glitching and spawn camping, thus ruining the game.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Uhhhhh yeah, it should be pretty obvious I was answering your question. I dont know how in the WORLD you could possibily think what you just posted. You must be high or you have horrible common sense.
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:01 am

You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider   The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The State of the Arena: Some Things to Consider
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next