The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Timer on The Arena?

Go down 
+9
NBAC
AURORUS
vergamaton
GRIZZ
Mandalore
Axe
Parth
darthwiley
lvzx2
13 posters
AuthorMessage
lvzx2
Grunt
Grunt
lvzx2

Timer on The Arena? Empty
PostSubject: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:35 am

So I hear complaints about the long .... long long matches, especially DS. So how bout putting it on a timer. How does everyone feel about it. I like epic battles but some of them get to be painful at some point.

I think all maps would have to be on it and I think everyone is ok with epic just not goin on for the whole day. Maybe set it for like an hour and a half or 2 hours? Can the timer go that high? Im for something like that. Do enough people even come here anymore to ask or poll it ?
I dont know Smile
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:52 am

Im down for an 1hr timer. Most boards are cleared well within an hr...except Death Star. Epic and long dont mean the same thing to me though. Just because a match goes on for 5 hrs does not make it epic! You can have epic short battles, in fact the best battle I ever had was on tantive iv and it was about an hr long. One thing for sure is that in order to keep this game going, we have to keep people happy. Nobody is going to like every single battle, board, decision, but I am in favor of what the majority wants for the sake of the game.

Oh and I thought your last line was funny! I dont know if people come here anymore either Shocked
Back to top Go down
Parth
Grunt
Grunt
Parth

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Yeah, i completely agree with you Wiley. A one hour timer should be fair enough. Like you said, all the other maps end pretty quickly except for DS. Like i don't mind playing GCW CTF on DS for atleast an hour, but two or three hours? That just gets too much. Although, as we have seen lately, with the doors open the match ends pretty quickly. But their are some problems with that and it makes it less exciting.
Back to top Go down
lvzx2
Grunt
Grunt
lvzx2

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Yea thats fine. I was just kind of shooting high in case someone does like it to last that long.
So 1hr is long and epic enough for me.

Yea Wiley, sadly it might not get much of a discussion here Laughing
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:01 pm

1 hour is fine with me! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:24 am

I agree with the 1 hour time limit. thumbs up

Without a time limit, the battle can take 2-4 hours in the same map and people will leave the server when they become bored playing the same map for too long. headset
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:43 am

no timer! 1 hour is to short for a good match it would be perfect at 90 min but if we do put a timer it will be maxed out at 60 min for sure.

Last edited by GRIZZ on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:42 am

Seems most people want a timer. The majority feel a board gets stale if it goes on much longer than an hr. I say we vote on it to be fair, and perhaps a compromise is to go with the longer timer (90min), then close the doors on DS GCW and see if people like it like that. At least if there is a timer, you know when the pain will be over.
Back to top Go down
lvzx2
Grunt
Grunt
lvzx2

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:48 am

GRIZZ wrote:
no timer! 1 hour is to short for a good match and the most you can put it at i think is 90 min. if we do put a timer it will be maxed out for sure.

lol! 90 is better then nothin maybe. Im starting to think how i feel about the clock being on the screen tho. I can imagine missing one of your recons hiding behind it Razz
Back to top Go down
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
vergamaton

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:13 pm

TOTALLY agree with the 1 hr limit
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:09 am

yeah, what the mexican said
Back to top Go down
NBAC
Grunt
Grunt
NBAC

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Yea same here i agree with the mexican...
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Try it, see how it plays out. Seeing that countdown may add some energy to the game. If it doesn't work out, take it off.
Back to top Go down
lvzx2
Grunt
Grunt
lvzx2

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:35 am

PyroJockey wrote:
Try it, see how it plays out. Seeing that countdown may add some energy to the game. If it doesn't work out, take it off.

Nice, i didnt even consider that but yea it probably will add a little bit of a sort of sense of urgency.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:31 am

Well sometimes it has the opposite effect. Like it always happens on .com on their CTF maps. People look at the timer and realize its pointless to keep going for the flag when there isnt enough time left. An hr long hopefully will prevent that from happening much here.
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:01 pm

This topic was brought up before and died. Most of the suggestions seems to go ignored or unimplemented. Such as the overwhelming majority that voted to raise the minimum points required before unlocking a special unit. And yet it was completely and utterly ignored.

So don't your heads filled with false hopes. This will most likely be ignored just the same.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:01 pm

specials where at a higher unlock score about 40 points and i liked it that way. but shonuff changed it back because players complained!
i think we should put it back into effect!

ok lets not change subjects ill go find the unlock specials thread and bring it back

Last edited by GRIZZ on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

GRIZZ wrote:
i think we should put it back into effect!
That makes two of us.
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:32 pm

hold up 1 issue at a time please lol a timer hmm well if it means i can have my DS doors closed again i suppose it couldnt hurt to have a trial basis (let the record show that the user known as VASH hates timers) and while were at it we can increase space limit since there will b a timer anyway! (this in no way is influenced my decision to go with timers innocent )
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:36 am

Man, I first started the server with an hour time limit and people bitched till I took the timer off. headwall

I'll put a 60 minute time limit on the Arena. That's no problem.
That's the max amount allowed though. Otherwise I'd go with 90 minutes.

Most maps last less than an hour anyways. I think Super Hoth, Mustafar, and Polis Massa can maybe go longer but that's rare.

So, the doors are locked again on Death Star GCW and there's an hour time limit on all CTF matches.
cheers

P.S. Be careful what you wish for. You think the flag isn't active now? Wait till there's absolutely no reason to score it on Death Star... grn-lol
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:13 am

You can always switch it back if it sucks. It didnt take long for us to realize DS GCW doors open SUCKED! I just cant stand it when it gets stuck for hrs on one board.
Back to top Go down
AURORUS
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
AURORUS

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:43 pm

This afternoon it worked well on Mustafar. The rebels were camped out at their home base Rolling Eyes making the map take for freaking ever.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 6:48 pm

AURORUS wrote:
Well sometimes it has the opposite effect. Like it always happens on .com on their CTF maps. People look at the timer and realize its pointless to keep going for the flag when there isnt enough time left. An hr long hopefully will prevent that from happening much here.

even at an hour doesnt stop this lol i have seen it allot since the timer! it doesnt matter once the clock starts to get low and the score are lopsided it happens! but so far the timer doesnt bother me i had one match on mustafar where i joined the arena and my team was down 3 scores 4-7 with like 14min to go and my side had already givin up. i scored the flag 4 times and scored the last flag with 11sec on the clock to go up 8-7 for the victory! i can dig matches like that! something you dont get with no timer!

but a mod for a higher time limit would be nice! is there a mod to raise the timer min? because allot of matches dont reach 10 flags but i think a 90min timer would be just right for those slightly more intense matches to play out fully maybe pyro the mod man might know?
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:07 am

Timer has been GREAT. On Jabbas Palace yesterday, it created a sense of urgency for our team and we won 10-9. Im just glad no boards will drag on for hrs. 90min would not be bad either, but im happy with 1hr as well.
Back to top Go down
lvzx2
Grunt
Grunt
lvzx2

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:53 pm

wow i thought this topic was dead, and to my suprise there was a timer yesterday. Lovin it and prematch timer is kinda cool too. Actually lovin all the changes

whos the badest mofo, ?... Shonuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timer on The Arena?   Timer on The Arena? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Timer on The Arena?
Page 1 of 1