The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

Editing a PS2 CD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ACE
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

Editing a PS2 CD Empty
PostSubject: Editing a PS2 CD   Editing a PS2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:12 am

Is it possible to hex edit the files directly on a bf2 disc?Or replace the files?
Back to top Go down
PyroJockey
Post Whore
Post Whore
PyroJockey

Editing a PS2 CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Editing a PS2 CD   Editing a PS2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:32 am

To the best of my knowledge it is impossible to edit the original PlayStation disc. People have copied the contents to a PC, made edits and then burned a new disk. In effect this is a bootleg disk and I believe the keyhash needs to be modified in order to play it on line. In order for others to play the same mods they would need a similar counterfeit disk. I have not tried any of this myself, not just because of the legal implications but If I’m going to do all that work, why not use the PC version instead? It’s easier, gives much better results and it’s legal.
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

Editing a PS2 CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Editing a PS2 CD   Editing a PS2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:09 pm

Best way I know is having a phat modded PS2 with a hard drive in there, then create an ISO of SWBF2. Find some programs that let you edit that ISO, then you should be able to run it off your modded PS2's hard drive, or burn it to a disk and run it.

The bad part is it basically all requires a modded PS2. Eh... unless you feel like doing that time-consuming swap-out thing.

Anyway, listen to Pyro. He knows his stuff lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Editing a PS2 CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Editing a PS2 CD   Editing a PS2 CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Editing a PS2 CD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: Modifications-
Jump to: