The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

What is the point of a clan?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Malek
Rookie
Rookie
Malek

What is the point of a clan? Empty
PostSubject: What is the point of a clan?   What is the point of a clan? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:11 pm

So I've been thinking about joining Apocalypse lately.. but my biggest question when it comes to shooters or any other game for that matter is, what is the point of joining a clan? I don't mean to sound disrespectful at all, since your clan's my favourite of all the SWBFII ps2 clans and you run my favourite server.. but I'm just curious.

Is it to gain respect amongst the other players on other servers? Or is it so you can find a somewhat social niche in an isolated community of fellow players who'll interact with you based solely on a tag in front of your name? Or is it..etc.?

I can understand the point once upon a time when clan-battles/challenges were prominent and successful once proposed, but these days with the lacking number of people actually playing the game, what does joining a clan actually afford you? In your opinion as clan members.

Don't get me wrong, like I said I'm not trying to belittle the idea of clans or dis on any Apoc members, I just want to know what your motivations for joining Apoc were/are currently.. cause I do enjoy playing with all of you, and you have a lot of really good players. I just enjoy playing the game.. even if I don't join I still want to play with you guys, cause your server kicks ass and Apoc members are way cooler than .COM or MILL or any others I've seen. You guys just enjoy the game for what it is.. and that makes it fun.

I know I haven't been playing for long but hopefully some of you have fun playing against me as well. Anyway, just curious.. any thoughts on the question?

[[damn, had to edit the post just cause I mis-spelled 'of' hahaha]]
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of a clan?   What is the point of a clan? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:02 am

well all ur reasons were correct when joinin a clan lol and 4 each game i imagine the significance of joining clans varies 4 exp in astro empires large clans have an upper hand because they actually do teamwork and do coordinated attacks on players lol 4 here i think in the begining it was 4 clan battles as the biggest factor and ppl wanting to particapate in them to show their skill and make their team the best lol as 4 me i would have never even joined a clan if not 4 {501st}aremus i was on late at night and poisoning him with a magna gaurd and he was gettin ticked and used the admin to tell me to quite bein a noob XD lol i found it amuseing on the next map it was down to just us on mos eisly and he used the admin thing to ask me to b in a clan since i didnt have a mic im like sure y not ill give it a shot it could b fun lol shortly after that i got a mic changed my name to vash and 4 sum reason got btr overall lol at 1st i remember bein in 3 clans at same time lol i was like ill join all the clans and make as many friends as i can! (typical vash logic XP lol) but soon i thought na i think itd b btr to stay loyal to just one team besides i felt like a walking advertisement with 3 tags lol now the practically the whole time these apoc dudes here kept trying to recruit me lol i had to keep turnin em down tho lol after a few months aremus got a ps3 and abandoned his clan im like ugh this stinks and thats when the apoc dudes finally talked me into joinin em lol since then ive been trying to give apoc the best name i can lol even after aremus "came bak" i didnt switch cause i kno these old dudes aint gonna go anywhere lol at least not till swbf3 comes out lol
Back to top Go down
vergamaton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
vergamaton

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of a clan?   What is the point of a clan? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:37 pm

haha thats y i have never (officially) joined a clan. Just rules you haave to follow, you need to be "able" to play for a clan battle the x day at Y hour...and if seomthing happens, you are screwed casue they needed you...(i was on a clan, with an alt once...i think it was FOD, or something) and it is cool to be in the best clans(remember that the best clans dont acept any player) and being on the best "team of players", is somewhat an honor. Idk a lot about clans of this game, or any other, but i guess it is like soccer, baseball, basketball, (etc teams)...the best teams (which win more tournaments etc etc) have the best players and they do what they do very very good. They mkae their activity worth watching or perfoming it...

And you might ask(if u have seen me)...hey y do u have a [MEXICO] tag? and my answer is that it is not a clan, i just love my country and, the first time i used this tag, i said to myself :"you dont know who i am, but you know i am mexican...you are being owned by a mexican"... and thats my main reason to ahve this tag...i think i was the first player to have a country tag on this game...and only 4 people had used this tag so far (including me and acuarroro, my brother).

So i also think it is kinda "lazy" to join a clan....i hate rules Evil or Very Mad
and being in a clan is ONLY RULES!! thumbs down
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of a clan?   What is the point of a clan? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Some clans are fun, other just a bunch of squeaky kids. Some clans are fun to play with it, others are just a pain to deal with it or do a simple battle. The most notable reason of joining a clan is to meet new pple and have fun as a clan playing this game. Some clans lost the fun factor and that makes pple leaving. If a clan dnt have rules or order, it will fail. I think that being in a clan, is to be proud of be there, play with others and enjoy this game as a group. Also, being in a clan is not just wear a tag, is being proud of it and participate in clan activities like battles, scrims or events(like game-night or other cool games).

Two types of clans.

The bossy leader with his followers

What is the point of a clan? Icon_king-033

And a successful clan that moves and plays as a real team

What is the point of a clan? Icon_sport-smiley-5537
Back to top Go down
Malek
Rookie
Rookie
Malek

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of a clan?   What is the point of a clan? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Well thanks for your input guys.. I already had my own ideas of the pros and cons for joining clans, I just was curious as to what you thought about it..

whether I join or not I'll still play in Arena cause it's the best server around thumbs up

plus at the moment I just don't really feel like going through the effort of setting up a gametracker account, editing the profile, submitting an ap, etc.. and on top of that, the username I've chosen is used by a lot of people in other games tracked on GT, and I'm afraid if I link 'Malek' to a profile, it'll link that profile to all the other Maleks... but who knows?

Clans or no clans, I just love SWBFII and hope that they keep it online forever.. so I can hop on and play it for nostalgic purposes many many years down the road.. and when my son inevitably thinks StarWars is awesome, I'll be like 'Dude, play this.' haha

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the point of a clan?   What is the point of a clan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the point of a clan?
Page 1 of 1