The Star Wars Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars Arena

Forum for the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA  ps2 server

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
** This is the Final Month of SWBFII online-multiplayer!! ** 

This sucks!

Go down 
+6
JJ'
Axe
VASH
darthwiley
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
GRIZZ
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:41 am

I copied this post from shonuff and started a thread

{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff wrote:
I'm super pissed!

The "techs" in Seattle messed with the server bad this morning. I think it was offline from like 4am to 11am. And when the Einsteins finally brought it back online, they gave another server the exact same IP and port numbers. That confused Gametracker and it wiped out the stats for the Arena!

As soon as I can get those hippies to take that other server off the Arena's IP number, I'll add the Arena back onto GT.
Maybe I'll move it to San Jose since there's no reason to stay in Seattle now.

Damn, I'm heated! Not the way I wanted to start my weekend.

Did I mention how much I hate Seattle?

Last edited by GRIZZ on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametracker.com/chitowngrizz/
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:02 am

This is bullsh*t not again noooooooo........ Mad

Sad How many servers am i going to be 1st in and have it reset? lol
this makes 5 or 6 server resets for me and tons of first places gone.
I think threw all the resets from all the servers added up i got like 360,000 or 370,000.
I hope i can handle another one but my heart is sick of being broken lol.
gt better find a way to fix there fu*k up and find those stats in a garbage file or something.

Well at least i finished in first Cool does anyone remember the top ten?

1. GRIZZ - about 95,000 avg per min 3.15
2. JJ' - i think like 67,000 avg per min 2.45 (if im wrong let me know jj)

others i know that were top ten....wolverine typhlosion,who,shonuff,darthwiley,legend

if you remember more or your own score please post them.

Last edited by GRIZZ on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:22 am

I'm pretty pissed too man. I was trying hard to get into that top 5! pissed
We had the best PS2 server in the friggin world *according to Gametracker. Evil or Very Mad

I was trying to remember the top 10 so I could post it. I think it went like this:

1. Grizz
2. JJ'
3. Wolverine_Typhlosion
4. Ace
5. Who
6. Sho'Nuff 38,000 / 1.7kpm No
7. Darthwiley
8. Legend
9. Darthgnosis
10. Mr. Noob

I think it was like that. Ace and Who were definitely 4 and 5, not sure which was which though. And 7-10 could be totally wrong. I'm not sure those ones changed alot.

Sorry guys. I'm bummed too. But atleast the Arena will be in a different city and this shouldn't happen again. I think this might be why Official kept appearing on GT every so often but disappeared a week or 2 later.

And there should be less lag for most players with the server being in Silicon Valley now instead of the Northwest.
Peanut Butter Jelly
Back to top Go down
http://gametracker.com/bossplayer
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:29 am

Darthgnosis passed me last week at 7, I was 8 Legend was 9 and Noob was 10. I had a 2.15KPM. This reset might push me into retirement on to Call to Duty. Too much time and energy WASTED trying to stay in the top ten just to have another reset. I was at 28,100.
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:40 am

it does suck but i wouldnt change a thing about playing this game which i love and all the good times i have had and friends i made along the way, all of you guys and gals....well most of you anyways lol

Last edited by GRIZZ on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:33 am

bummer wiley it wont b the same with out u lol yeah i bet alot ppl gonna b mad bout resets glad i never really cared bout rank that much lol and sho i think u mentioned somthin about that lol (replyin from other topic bout this lol)
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:47 am

Darn. I was ranked 28. Oh well I might not play online as much as before but I'll still play every now and then. But I hope to make it to the top 10!!!
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:10 am

with ur stats gone now would b a good time to change ur name around dontcha think axe? i think {Apocalypse}AXE has a nice ring to it dont u? lol
Back to top Go down
JJ'
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
JJ'

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:00 am

GRIZZ wrote:
2. JJ' - i think like 67,000 avg per min 2.45 (if im wrong let me know jj)

Yeah that's about right. Yeah this kinda sucks, all those stats, hours, and effort to keep up kpm wasted, but I never really followed gt stats that much anyway. There's no way I'll be back at 2 since I play in .com's server more now. What a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:01 pm

Idk Vash Im prob just gonna freelance. But thanks for the offer. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Dang, stats are that important?
Then kick some butt really quick and get up there in the top 10 right away!

I can't believe players will stop playing as much just cuzz we got reset.
We had a good 6 months. Stat resets twice a year ain't that bad.
Grizz and JJ' were gonna be impossible to beat. Now it's anyone's game!

It's still the same server. And chances are there will be less lag and less crashes!
The server is in California now instead of Washington state. That should make it closer to everyone else except me now!
Peanut Butter Jelly

Like Grizz said on the new server blog:

Start your engines! The race to #1 is ON!
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Grunt
Grunt
Blitz

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:20 pm

woot san jose california
My old hometown Very Happy
less lag hurray! cheers
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:28 pm

NBAC is currently winning the race to #1, with Wolverine_Typhlosion close behind. DO NOT LET TYPHLOSION GET #1. Evil or Very Mad

Also, I can't post on the Arena GT page. scratch
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Bouncer wrote:
NBAC is currently winning the race to #1, with Wolverine_Typhlosion close behind. DO NOT LET TYPHLOSION GET #1. Evil or Very Mad
whats wrong with that?
all that time yall spent playing?then yall need to get more points faster
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Sho you are right. I guess its not so much the stats but the honor and prestige of being in the top ten. Is the server back up under the same name?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Axe

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:57 pm

Wolverine Typlosion is number 1 in the arena!!!! omg Evil or Very Mad No in second place is soulkeeper and in 3rd is yours truely!!! Axe.
Back to top Go down
{DSB}Mewtwo
Darth Spam
Darth Spam
{DSB}Mewtwo

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:16 am

Axe wrote:
Wolverine Typlosion is number 1 in the arena!!!! omg Evil or Very Mad No in second place is soulkeeper and in 3rd is yours truely!!! Axe.
wolverine_typhlosion is still in 1st and soulkeeper is still in 2nd but grizz is in 3rd...sorry axe tongue
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:31 am

Since the IPs are switched, does that mean that the people that were banned from the Arena are now banned from the Official Server instead?
Back to top Go down
VASH
Post Master
Post Master
VASH

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:11 am

no i already asked sho bout that lol whose the awesum lookin old dude? lol
Back to top Go down
Bouncer
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Bouncer

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:26 pm

VASH wrote:
whose the awesum lookin old dude? lol
Pai Mei from Kill Bill Vol 2. afro
Back to top Go down
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff
Post Whore
Post Whore
{Apocalypse}Sho'Nuff

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:50 pm

darthwiley wrote:
Sho you are right. I guess its not so much the stats but the honor and prestige of being in the top ten. Is the server back up under the same name?

Yeah man, I'm still mad about the old Official Server resetting in January. Remember when me, you, and Legend were all battling it out in the rankings. I know I finished 13th on that server before they reset. Didn't you 2 make it into the Top 10 right before the reset?
We were busting our butts to move up in the rankings. That was a cool lil competition between us. Well, I knew I'd come in 3rd in that race, but it was still fun! Cool

And everything is exactly the same with the new Arena server except the IP number. All the mods, maps, settings, banned words, banned players, auto-announcements, etc. I copied all of that over.

You shouldn't notice any difference at all except when you first try to join the server if you had the Arena checked as one of your Favorites on your PS2/PS3. If you did, then you'll have to update it.
SWBFII OFFICIAL SERVER will now be checked as your favorite since they took the Arena's IP. Suspect
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 5:46 pm

I fought allll the way to 10th then literally the next day the stats were gone!
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
Mike

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:03 am

Let me start out by saying, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

Man this really does suck. I climbed into 11th with 23k over this summer, and on the very day that this stupid problem happened, I said to myself that I would take over the 10th spot. But no. Everything was gone. I noticed that the server was down in the morning, but then it came back. On GT it showed the the Official Server had all of the Arena stats there. I wish the idiots at GT would do something right, and assign the stats to the correct server, because the stats clearly still existed even after the IPs got switched! Ugh!

On the bright side, I wasn't too happy with my kills per minute at 1.6, and this is basically because I must have left my PS2 idle in the server one day. Now I have a new chance to maintain my KPM. Another thing is the stats aren't at crazy proportions, and I have a chance at #1 now, and I will be making a pretty strong run at it in the two weeks I have left before I move to college. So I expect all of you to do the same.

Lastly, I feel really sorry for Grizz and the other people in the top ten. But especially Grizz, I mean, he was almost at 100k! And I was certain he was going to reach it too. If I hate that this happened, I can only imagine how pissed he is. But were all just going to have to start over I guess, and now its basically anyones game.
Back to top Go down
darthwiley
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi
darthwiley

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:10 am

Mike,

That is the only good thing about the server resetting. People may get back into it again trying to get in the top ten.

Last edited by darthwiley on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GRIZZ
Post Whore
Post Whore
GRIZZ

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:58 am

it sucks and having 100k before it reset would have been sweeter lol but i have had sooooo many 1st place reset loses i have been threw so it doesnt hurt nowhere ner as bad as the first time it happened to me lol. like i said after all the resets added up that i have had happen i got 370,000 career gt stats time to get more and this time ill get that 100k man only 5k short lol. but you just keep playing and having fun thats what its all about! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This sucks!   This sucks! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This sucks!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Star Wars Arena :: SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA :: General-
Jump to: